Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #41
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist

even if he's not dead, it sounds just from that bit of information like he's depressed and/or on drugs.

i'd contact your RA immediately and let them know the situation. let them take care of it; once you notify them it's kind of in their hands.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #42
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

He seems normal when I see him, and he normally doesn't seem inebriated or hungover whenever I do talk to him. I don't think he's depressed, but I really couldn't say for sure. You never know I guess.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #43
donender
Get back to work

If i was in that situation, i would just ask him why he was never around next time i see him. Nothing too serious, i would keep it light so that it doesn't seem like i'm on his case. Does he live close to his home town? Maybe he goes home sometimes? I used to do that over weekends and if i had a few free days with no lectures and nothing to do, and sometimes i would get the same thing, i would come back and my housemates would tell me they had been wondering where i had been.

I think there is more cause for concern if you just never see him.

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
donender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #44
chev311e
Will do moose stuff for $

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
I'm actually working on it for fall semester.

Good. I had to deal with random roommates one time in the summer, but it was an apartment style building so I had my own room. I couldn't imagine a random roommate in a dorm room. It's bad enough with a close friend.

chev311e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #45
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

He goes home most weekends. I go home every weekend because jobs, so I know that isn't out of the ordinary.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #46
JackWhiteIsButts
UG Senior Member

Quote:
....my dorm room didn't have a futon before.... now it has a futon???? that's all I've got to disprove that statement.

Somnambulism, you sleep-walked the night that previous tenants were moving out of neighboring dorms/apartments and brought it back off the street. Since you were unconscious during the whole act you attributed this to your roommate moving in with you when you saw the futon the next morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I hope there will be more mass shootings. At least 4-5 a week. I want it so that everyone is personally affected.
JackWhiteIsButts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #47
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

.....and I did all of this while simultaneously watching Django Unchained? Because I came back to my room after seeing it in theaters and he had just moved the futon in with some friends without telling me about it prior.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #48
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
he's depressed and/or on drugs.

So? I'm majorly depressed and "on drugs". It's cool, people can disappear for a while it seems and still be on top of shit. I have a first year buddy at U of T who lives on campus but spends a shitload of time chilling at our place/other people's places since he has a ton of older friends. Shit happens, just because a dude isn't around all the time doesn't mean anything bad.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #49
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

he's not 'on top of shit'. if there's one thing I know, its that.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #50
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

that still doesnt mean its any of your business.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #51
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

I know that. I just want to make sure he's not dead.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #52
JackWhiteIsButts
UG Senior Member

Your experience of watching Django Unchained is what you were dreaming about as you had moved the futon into your dorm. You then woke up as you were coming back to your room and were unable to distinguish that dream from reality. So you never really saw Django Unchained, you just had a dream that you did and you later read analyses and critiques of the film online and then retroactively altered your memory of the "film" to be congruent with what other people wrote about it.

Quote:
I hope there will be more mass shootings. At least 4-5 a week. I want it so that everyone is personally affected.

Last edited by JackWhiteIsButts : 02-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #53
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
I know that. I just want to make sure he's not dead.

poke him with a stick
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #54
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
Your experience of watching Django Unchained is what you were dreaming about as you had moved the futon into your dorm. You then woke up as you were coming back to your room and were unable to distinguish that dream from reality. So you never really saw Django Unchained, you just had a dream that you did and you later retroactively read analyses and critiques of the film online and then altered your memory of the "film" to be congruent with what other people wrote about it.

.....Either way, it was a damn good movie and I fully enjoyed pretending to watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
poke him with a stick

What if he's just in a coma?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #55
JackWhiteIsButts
UG Senior Member

Quote:
.....Either way, it was a damn good movie and I fully enjoyed pretending to watch it.

Maybe if it comes out on Netflix some day I'll be able to see it and judge for myself.

Oh, wait.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #56
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

He could just be really sleepy. I had to deal with one of these as well since my roomie missed some obligations because he was just out. I went in there and poked him with a hockey stick to make sure he wasnt dead. dude was just sleepy. Happens quite a bit actually, I'm the most notorious for having ridiculous sleeping schedules without even realising it sometimes. Sometimes I'll just appear out of nowhere and say "good morning" at 7pm
Old 02-01-2013, 01:29 PM   #57
charlie__flynn
sex...beer...charlie!

Not to scare you or anything but last year in halls we didn't see one of our friends (lived on our corridor - everyone has separate rooms) for 3 days. This case is a bit different as he was often around and pretty good friends with everyone there. Anyway it turned out he had been mugged walking home from a night out and left in a river over night - he was found unconscious and was put into ICU but had no identification on him so the police didn't know who he was. Then we heard a news report about a lad that had been found and he matched the description so we told the police and it was him.
Fortunately he was found the morning after the attack, if his body had been hidden/ out of sight he would've died.

Moral of the story is better to be safe than sorry, inform whoever is in charge and they'll have more of an idea of how to progress from there. Hope he's okay.

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
charlie__flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #58
badfish_lewis

You should definitely report it to your RA as crazysam said. If something is actually wrong and he is in danger or worse you won't feel very good knowing that perhaps something could have been done to prevent it.
If he is fine and his behavior troubles you then you should find a new roommate, you can't hold everyone's hand in life and if it is having a negative impact on you then you need to do something about it.
badfish_lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #59
DiminishedFifth
Absolute Imperfection

Did you actually look in his bed? I know it sounds stupid, but last year we had someone "go missing" in out dorm only to be found 3 hours later asleep in their bed. When asked where she was she said she'd been there sleeping for about 6 hours now

Like said, they could just be a really, REALLY heavy sleeper!

The most hilarious part was that someone in my hall was accused of kidnapping her! Granted, I wouldn't put it past him (just one of those guys, y'know? That shouldn't be in housing for a myriad of reasons but has a ton of money to get him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juckfush
^ Your avatar has never been so uncomfortably suitable for your post content.

DiminishedFifth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #60
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

I don't see him.... does anyone else?

Rate This Thread: