Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
CosmicCarbon33

Instrumental band similar to Isis, Tool, Pelican, etc

My band With Our Arms To The Sun has a new EP coming out this month. Here is a link to one of our music videos, please take a look at it:

If you like our music our EP will be free for download off of our website, www.WithOurArmsToTheSun.com

Thanks guys!
CosmicCarbon33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
46 and 2

Wow, I'm impressed. Sounds like Tool but with Pink Floyd - inspired chord sequences.
46 and 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #3
rybread3

I just checked out your band's music video. I love the swirling effects on the guitar. And each new riff blended into the last musical idea so effortlessly. Really good stuff. For the video, did you use stock footage or create your own visuals? The riffs in the song by itself kept getting better the longer it was on.

~Rybread~
rybread3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
CosmicCarbon33

Wow thanks for the kind words guys.. I expected it to get bashed lol.
We are definitely fond of Tool and Floyd so it is much appreciated.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
CosmicCarbon33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybread3
I just checked out your band's music video. I love the swirling effects on the guitar. And each new riff blended into the last musical idea so effortlessly. Really good stuff. For the video, did you use stock footage or create your own visuals? The riffs in the song by itself kept getting better the longer it was on.

~Rybread~

What we did was subscribed to different websites with Stock Footage to make the videos. Our bassist Joe is a video editor and put them together: http://www.facebook.com/joe.breckenridge1?fref=ts

If you like the music our entire EP is free on our website! Please go download it and tell your friends. Our website is: www.WithOurArmsToTheSun.com

We want to get into making our own visuals for live shows and whatnot, and we are working towards doing that.. We do everything ourselves, no outside collaborators. We record and mix our own records, maintain our own website, make our own merch and book our own tours..
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
cjb2293

Very well written. I really enjoyed the originality. It reminds me of the band "Karnivool", but without vocals.

Endorsements/Sponsorships
Cactus Picks
Curt Mangan Strings
cjb2293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
CosmicCarbon33

Thanks! I am actually a big fan of Karnivool! Their last album Sound Awake was great. I "think" they are tuned lower than we are. I love how he uses his delays/reverbs on guitar and their drummer is ridiculous! If we could find a drummer like that we would be set!

Rate This Thread: