Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #61
macashmack
Maskcashmack

This is going to sound really corny, but I think the sad thing is that people like him (soldiers), and the firefighters and police officers and paramedics are never recognized as heroes until they die or do something like write a book (and sometimes they are even hated), while celebrities are viewed as gods/goddesses. It's just sickening to me.
This man was a war hero. He gave his life for the United States to serve our country as a soldier, and then beyond that to help other soldiers that were suffering. This is very sad news.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #62
shredder3386
Lord of the Strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
This is going to sound really corny, but I think the sad thing is that people like him (soldiers), and the firefighters and police officers and paramedics are never recognized as heroes until they die or do something like write a book (and sometimes they are even hated), while celebrities are viewed as gods/goddesses. It's just sickening to me.
This man was a war hero. He gave his life for the United States to serve our country as a soldier, and then beyond that to help other soldiers that were suffering. This is very sad news.

Amen brother

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Ibanez S5470F
Ibanez RGD2127fx
Schecter Hellraiser C-7 FR
Axe FX II
Mackie HD1221
shredder3386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #63
Lemoninfluence
Masculist

Quote:

Paramedics and firefighters get respect from the non-**** section of society, usually.

It's only really police and soldiers that people have a problem with. And given their tasks and the history surrounding the roles, can you blame people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Lemoninfluence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #64
zdh

Quote:
Originally Posted by palm mute
Razorbacks don't have a good track record for keeping ex-military from shooting you though

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Razorback
zdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #65
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
It's only really police and soldiers that people have a problem with. And given their tasks and the history surrounding the roles, can you blame people?

Yes.
Your gratitude shown in my death
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #66
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoninfluence
Paramedics and firefighters get respect from the non-**** section of society, usually.

Yea that's true (in response to the first part).
I can see why people would have a problem with police officers in some cases, but whenever I ask someone who hates cops "Do you want to live in a world where there aren't police officers?" They can't give me a straight (or sensible) answer. It's either "Yes" (which is obviously ridiculous) or "No, but i don't want them to abuse their power", which is always going to happen. Psychopaths or just assholes are always going to gravitate to professions that give them power. But you can't judge the majority by actions of the minority.

As for soldiers, I don't understand hate for them at all. They are one of the few professions that I respect over any other. Maybe my emotions skews my opinion of it a little bit, but anyone who is willing to risk their life for my country is a hero in my book.
None of this is directed at you, it's just kinda rants about stuff in response to your post.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #67
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaJack666
He had the highest K/D ratio ever recorded.

son of a bitch stole my line.

on a serious note, RIP.

Last edited by primusfan : 02-04-2013 at 09:24 PM.
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #68
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofCheesecake
Naw dude, that's some bad journalism.

Shit dude, you're write. That's some awful writing.

EDIT: Typo spotted, not edited because lol
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #69
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
As for soldiers, I don't understand hate for them at all. They are one of the few professions that I respect over any other. Maybe my emotions skews my opinion of it a little bit, but anyone who is willing to risk their life for my country is a hero in my book.
None of this is directed at you, it's just kinda rants about stuff in response to your post.

I see that sentiment as jingoistic garbage. If they hadn't served, nothing would have been any different here.
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #70
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
I see that sentiment as jingoistic garbage. If they hadn't served, nothing would have been any different here.

If they hadn't served, there would have been a draft.
Also, do you think it's a bad thing to fight people who send women to jail for being raped, or publicly stone teenagers who listen to metal, or put IEDs in schools, who use women and children as meat shields, and who attack us and other countries and kill thousands of civilians?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #71
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
If they hadn't served, there would have been a draft.
Also, do you think it's a bad thing to fight people who send women to jail for being raped, or publicly stone teenagers who listen to metal, or put IEDs in schools, who use women and children as meat shields, and who attack us and other countries and kill thousands of civilians?

It is none of our concern what other countries do and what their societies find acceptable. If you're going to use that rationale, then you best be supporting 50+ wars right now.

Then again, terrorism against the United States is directly related to former American foreign policy. It wasn't for some irrational reason, there were clear objectives that were sought as a result of previous American involvement.

Once again, I have little interest in jingoistic garbage.
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #72
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
It is none of our concern what other countries do and what their societies find acceptable. If you're going to use that rationale, then you best be supporting 50+ wars right now.

Then again, terrorism against the United States is directly related to former American foreign policy. It wasn't for some irrational reason, there were clear objectives that were sought as a result of previous American involvement.

Once again, I have little interest in jingoistic garbage.

It is our concern. It is every human beings concern. The United States is the only country with the balls to actually do something about it.
And i could care less about our foreign policy. We were not killing innocent people. We launched no attacks. They attacked us first, the fact that you sympathize with religious zealots over thousand of innocent lives everywhere in the world speaks a lot about your character and morals as a person.
I don't think war is a good thing, but I do think it is necessary. This is a case where I think that it is necessary. And if you want to deny that then you should look at the world again and see what's going on in it.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #73
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
It is our concern. It is every human beings concern. The United States is the only country with the balls to actually do something about it.
And i could care less about our foreign policy. We were not killing innocent people. We launched no attacks. They attacked us first, the fact that you sympathize with religious zealots over thousand of innocent lives everywhere in the world speaks a lot about your character and morals as a person.
I don't think war is a good thing, but I do think it is necessary. This is a case where I think that it is necessary. And if you want to deny that then you should look at the world again and see what's going on in it.

If you think it's that necessary, you should go fight in the conflict yourself. As much as I believe in what I do, I don't think it's my position to argue for someone else to go fight and possibly die for my cause. Only I should be able to do that.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #74
VanTheKraut
How tough am I?!

What the **** is with all the trolling? The two guys killed were heroes, not just for what they did while deployed but for what they did when they got back. Excluding service members, No one on this board has even come close to proving that they are half the man these guys were. Myself included.

RIP.

I've made like 1 post in the last 2 months and this needed to be said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Old Country. Old Blues. Old Rock. Old Metal. Gangsta Rap.

Last edited by VanTheKraut : 02-04-2013 at 10:02 PM.
VanTheKraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #75
TooktheAtrain
Banned

yeah mac I agree. Those iraqi kids are getting leukemia and various forms cancer from depleted uranium rounds for their own good. They are being liberated by their defects and tumors.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #76
metaldud536
Similar to a pony

Quote:

but anyone who is willing to risk their life for my country is a hero in my book.

Yea but when your country is doing stupid things around the world I can only say "You signed up for that? lol"

My Deviant Art Page
Manchester United

Last edited by metaldud536 : 02-04-2013 at 10:14 PM.
metaldud536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #77
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
yeah mac I agree. Those iraqi kids are getting leukemia and various forms cancer from depleted uranium rounds for their own good. They are being liberated by their defects and tumors.

Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 PM   #78
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
If you think it's that necessary, you should go fight in the conflict yourself. As much as I believe in what I do, I don't think it's my position to argue for someone else to go fight and possibly die for my cause. Only I should be able to do that.

I am planning on enlisting, I agree with you it isn't right to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain

The mission is to eliminant the dictators, train the military and establish a democracy, and then they can take care of themselves. As much as i hate to admit it, the United States won against Great Britain with the help of France. An oppressed people need help to stop being oppressed.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 PM   #79
Dreadnought
Vengeance Weapon

Quote:
The mission is to eliminant the dictators, train the military and establish a democracy, and then they can take care of themselves. As much as i hate to admit it, the United States won against Great Britain with the help of France. An oppressed people need help to stop being oppressed.

I agree with you that it's the military's job to kill, destroy, and ruin. It's our shameful purpose. However, in my opinion that is all a military should be used for; it should never be used to "nation-build" or anything of the sort. It sends mixed messages, confounds its more important purpose (kill and cause mayhem), and weakens it overall.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #80
TooktheAtrain
Banned

And the best medium for freedom is cancerous tumours, right?

what you don't seem to understand is that children born in Iraq will have TUMOURS GROWING OUT OF THEIR ****ING FACES for the rest of humanity's foreseeable future. (half life of at least 700 million years)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...rth_defects.svg
Those are the rates for birth defects in Basra.

Last edited by TooktheAtrain : 02-04-2013 at 10:33 PM.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: