Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Illustration
Iconoclast
 
Illustration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brisbane, AU
OverusedRiffsCore (GP5)

Okay, so I wrote this song for my girlfriend.
She likes overly-typical Metalcore and Acoustic music, so I did my best to try and combine the two. I've been thinking about fixing it up and turning it into a decent song. Anyone think its worth it?

Happy to crit back, just leave the link.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 newst-redo.gp5 (43.0 KB, 295 views)
Illustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #2
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustration
Okay, so I wrote this song for my girlfriend.
She likes overly-typical Metalcore and Acoustic music, so I did my best to try and combine the two. I've been thinking about fixing it up and turning it into a decent song. Anyone think its worth it?

Happy to crit back, just leave the link.

Not really. I'll explain why in a bit: I'm playing minecraft lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
ohp-kyle
Old Hick Messiah
 
ohp-kyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada.
I enjoyed it. I was sort of hoping it would pick up at the end, maybe even just for a bar or two, but I do think it's decent, to say the least!
ohp-kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
thePTOD
UG Fanatic
 
thePTOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
I thought it was actually pretty neat. She should like it!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
thePTOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #5
Illustration
Iconoclast
 
Illustration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brisbane, AU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohp-kyle
I enjoyed it. I was sort of hoping it would pick up at the end, maybe even just for a bar or two, but I do think it's decent, to say the least!


I know what you mean. I literally ran out of idea's and the only thing I could think of was to fade out and leave it at that haha. The end sounded a lot more epic in my mind then it did in MIDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePTOD
I thought it was actually pretty neat. She should like it!


Thanks man.
Yeah she loved it, but then again she loves anything I do. Even when its terrible. Ahh the perks of having a girlfriend.
Illustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #6
frankibo
UG Board King
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illustration
I literally ran out of ideas


I'm not sure you had any to start with.

__________________
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit



Colossus
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #7
Illustration
Iconoclast
 
Illustration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brisbane, AU
Lol'd hard frank.
Love your stuff from the collabs by the way.
If you get bored and want to crit something, I really need feedback
on the Apache cover I posted, and your opinion would be extremely valid.
Illustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #8
xbitmetal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Plz no slap bass like this. Drums are boring, otherwise this is cool. Or not actually bar 20-onwards boring shit till acoustig guitar. And yes, very overused the last riff. However as generic it is, it's good.

No slap bass, and better drums and u have cool material.
First riff was really cool. The second was overused/generic, and could have been worked out better way.
xbitmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #9
CelestialGuitar
Celestial Wish Guitarist
 
CelestialGuitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Birmingham, UK
I actually thought this was very good, have you ever considered getting into a Metalcore band? I think you've got some great ideas, especially the synth/acoustic section in the middle, good work!
__________________
Gear

Mesa Dual Rectifier
TC Electronic Polytune
T Rex MAB Overdrive
Boss NS-2
ESP Horizon NT See Thru Black (D Standard)

Celestial Wish on Youtube
CelestialGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #10
kylendm
Baronboi
 
kylendm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
46-on was very I killed the prom queen. The acoustic part was pretty neat. The parts before it were indeed generic though. Still, it has potential. I sent you a PM too.
__________________
Gear:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Randall RM100 / Blackface, Deluxe, Plexi
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez UV7PBK - BKP Warpig
Ibanez RGD7321 - SD Pegasus
Ibanez SA series - JB Bridge
kylendm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
Odirunn
Hi, I'm Adam
 
Odirunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Orleans, LA
I think it was pretty gnarly. I recorded the first bit cuz I was bored earlier. With vocals it could totally be legit. Nicely done.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16210823/UG%20Stuff/tabsong.mp3
__________________
Let's party.
Odirunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:31 AM   #12
Illustration
Iconoclast
 
Illustration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brisbane, AU
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylendm
46-on was very I killed the prom queen. The acoustic part was pretty neat. The parts before it were indeed generic though. Still, it has potential. I sent you a PM too.


Thanks man!
I used to learn a lot of prom queen when I was starting out with guitar years ago, so they were a pretty big influence on me (:
I don't think I got your PM unfortunately. It says Private messages: 0
Re-send? (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odirunn
I think it was pretty gnarly. I recorded the first bit cuz I was bored earlier. With vocals it could totally be legit. Nicely done.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16210823/UG%20Stuff/tabsong.mp3


Holy ****ing shit.
That sounds amazing man. The tone is god tier to my ears.
I didn't even know those riffs had that much potential in them!?
The stutter effect and bend in the breakdown was beautiful, so beautiful.
You beast.

I love the style you added to it as well.
Gives it such a better groove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialGuitar
I actually thought this was very good, have you ever considered getting into a Metalcore band? I think you've got some great ideas, especially the synth/acoustic section in the middle, good work!


Thanks heaps man!
Yeah, I'm currently in a Metlacore band as the bassist/back-up Vox.
I used to be the Vocalist but I couldn't really see myself as a front man.
Here is our material I did Vocals for:

Last edited by Illustration : 02-06-2013 at 03:50 AM.
Illustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #13
Illustration
Iconoclast
 
Illustration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brisbane, AU
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbitmetal
Plz no slap bass like this. Drums are boring, otherwise this is cool. Or not actually bar 20-onwards boring shit till acoustig guitar. And yes, very overused the last riff. However as generic it is, it's good.

No slap bass, and better drums and u have cool material.
First riff was really cool. The second was overused/generic, and could have been worked out better way.


You should have seen the drums before I fixed them up.
You would have fallen asleep to them if you find the current ones boring xD.
I getcha' man, I would never actually slap a bass for a song like this.
It was just for the tone it gives the MIDI file.
Thanks for the feedback (:
Illustration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #14
kylendm
Baronboi
 
kylendm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
I sent it to you through your UG profile not the forum. So click on your profile at the top andyou sshould see it there.
__________________
Gear:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Randall RM100 / Blackface, Deluxe, Plexi
Bogner 4x12
H&K 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez UV7PBK - BKP Warpig
Ibanez RGD7321 - SD Pegasus
Ibanez SA series - JB Bridge
kylendm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
Dregen
andy, you're a star
 
Dregen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odirunn
I think it was pretty gnarly. I recorded the first bit cuz I was bored earlier. With vocals it could totally be legit. Nicely done.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16210823/UG%20Stuff/tabsong.mp3


that was great
Dregen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #16
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!
 
Emperor's Child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
This is pretty good imo. Odirunn's recording as well, makes it even better. The drums could use a bit of work though. Perhaps a few toms at parts like the end of bar 4.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralFan
My name is Lord Pussygrabber III of the Playboy Mansion, great-grandson of Donald Donald MacDonald.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.