Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #61
MetallicSka
Not An Alligator Hater

I hope everything goes well for him, it's fun to jam LoG sometimes. Seems like a pretty cool guy, too. Pretty much everything I want to say has been said by other posters, so I'll just leave it at that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
MetallicSka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #62
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoomit
That's not murder.

agreed. it's manslaughter, not murder. Randy didn't intentionally take someone's life.
unfortunately, he will likely be found guilty. Is there someone dead as a result of one of Randy's actions? Yes. Is Randy a bad man because of it? No.

it would be different if he went out into the crowd and purposefully smashed his head into the barrier. But he didn't. it was an accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

iHurricaneGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #63
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayslash
Well, an innocent man who was a fan and just jumped on stage to be with him, and Randy pushes him off stage killing him.

I have no sympathy for murders that didn't need to happen. He gets what he deserves.

murder is a strong word, perhaps the strongest verb we have in our language in terms of framing mens rea (malicious intent). It doesn't apply here.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #64
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHurricaneGTR
agreed. it's manslaughter, not murder. Randy didn't intentionally take someone's life.
unfortunately, he will likely be found guilty. Is there someone dead as a result of one of Randy's actions? Yes. Is Randy a bad man because of it? No.

it would be different if he went out into the crowd and purposefully smashed his head into the barrier. But he didn't. it was an accident.

Which is why the category of manslaughter exists in the first place, right?
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #65
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
Which is why the category of manslaughter exists in the first place, right?

Yes, but you can only be sentenced for manslaughter if it was caused by undue care or a similar circumstance.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #66
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Yes, but you can only be sentenced for manslaughter if it was caused by undue care or a similar circumstance.

And didn't he display some form of negligence or lack of regard for his fan's safety?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #67
BladeSlinger
UG's Master

The thing that got me was learning that Randy himself lost his child.

EDIT:^ The fan shouldn't have been able to be on the stage in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
brot pls
BladeSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #68
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
And didn't he display some form of negligence or lack of regard for his fan's safety?

Possibly, but it depends whether or not you class the fan as having put himself too much at risk.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #69
blue_bogan
Had his avatar first.

Arguably the security were not doing their jobs, and they should be responsible, even if he did push a kid. Never in the 5 times that I have seen them have they invited fans on to the stage, and the security would never let something like that happen where I come from.

All you guys saying lamb of god are dicks couldn't be further from the truth. They sold their instruments to fund his trial, they are one huge family. They would never replace him. They are some of the most down to earth musicians i've ever met.

And all the people who say lamb of god sucks, that's fine, that is your opinion, but you should express it somewhere else, have some respect for a man who has done only the right thing by returning to a country threatening to lock him up. A man who has been caught up in a very sad situation for a kid and his family, and has been blamed for someone elses mistake.
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
blue_bogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #70
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

^ The majority of people saying they're dicks or saying he deserves to go to jail for the music are just trying to wind people up. They're not serious. As far as his past suggests, mayslash is most likely being deadly serious, because he seemingly possesses a similar intellect to that of the common garden slug.

Quote:

Judging by the evidence currently available to the public (YouTube videos) and his determination to go back there and defend himself in court, I would say it is highly likely he is not guilty of anything, but with everything like this - we're not the court, and we don't have access to all the evidence.

Which is one of the biggest reasons why mayslash is either a very convincingly-stupid troll, or actually fucking stupid.

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #71
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones

Quote:

the fan rushed the stage multiple times, passed security. if anyone, it was the fan's fault.

that's just my view on it, though.

Quote:
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #72
TooktheAtrain
Banned

it just seems a lot of people here are going "he's a nice guy, he shouldn't have to face criminal charges" or something to that effect.

Quote:
the fan rushed the stage multiple times, passed security. if anyone, it was the fan's fault.

that's just my view on it, though.

I thought the OP article said that the first fan to jump the stage tried to hug him, and then left the stage, and a different fan came on later who was pushed off and subsequently died.

Last edited by TooktheAtrain : 02-05-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #73
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones

Quote:
it just seems a lot of people here are going "he's a nice guy, he shouldn't have to face criminal charges" or something to that effect.

I thought the OP article said that the first fan to jump the stage tried to hug him, and then left the stage, and a different fan came on later who was pushed off and subsequently died.

well im not saying that. im not even that big of a fan of his, to be honest. i just dont think he should be held responsible for what happened

and im not sure. the last i read this story was a few months ago, and at that point i read that the fan rushed multiple times. i could be wrong though.

Quote:

Last edited by iHurricaneGTR : 02-05-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #74
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
When one fan rushed onstage and embraced him, Randy said he pinned the fan down and yelled at him to stop. When another fan rushed the stage, Randy testified, he thought it was that same fan and pushed him off the stage.

Seems like randy thought it was one rather persistent fan that wouldn't take a hint.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #75
blue_bogan
Had his avatar first.

Quote:

Not correct at all. Security didn't do their job. Need anyone bring up dimebag being murdered onstage by a crazy fan? Fans should not be on stage unless invited, and I would push them off too in that situation.
Ibanez Rg1570
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
POD X3 Live
Old 02-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #76
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_bogan
Not correct at all. Security didn't do their job. Need anyone bring up dimebag being murdered onstage by a crazy fan? Fans should not be on stage unless invited, and I would push them off too in that situation.

Maybe you would, but if one of them died in the process you would be facing criminal charges and rightly so.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #77
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones

Quote:
Seems like randy thought it was one rather persistent fan that wouldn't take a hint.

yeah that's what i remembered, then. my claim still stands for me then

Quote:

Last edited by iHurricaneGTR : 02-05-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #78
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
yeah that's what i remembered, then. my claim still stands for me then

But he was wrong, it was at least two fans.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #79
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones

Quote:
Maybe you would, but if one of them died in the process you would be facing criminal charges and rightly so.

a lot of people dont understand this though. just because you are being accused in court doesnt mean you're automatically a "murderer".
Randy didn't intentionally kill the fan, but the fan is still dead as a result of something he did. So, yes, he should be tried for ending someone's life, but it should not be held with the same connotation as murder.

but now im just saying the same things over and over again.
tl;dr: i agree with you, and i need to go to bed.

Quote:

Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #80
blue_bogan
Had his avatar first.

Quote:

I think the key point here still is that the security failed their only (very simple) job, and should be the ones held accountable. I'd argue randy was essentially protecting his own life, i've seen people do some very, very stupid things at gigs related to getting the bands attention, and there is no knowing just how crazy a person could be. If he as the prosecution suggests, did in fact warn the kid a couple of times, then kid is in the wrong. Granted he shouldn't have pushed him, but the person had no place on the stage, despite several warnings. A lot of mistakes were probably made that night, and a kid died, which is really sad. Putting a man in to jail for defending himself is not going to bring him back, and really just seems vindictive to me.
Ibanez Rg1570
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
POD X3 Live

Rate This Thread: