Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #61
Trowzaa
Khaz‚d
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The White Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Pretty soon, people will be wanting to be able to get married to more than one person simultaneously, or to their lifelong pet, or to a tree. Lets just legalize it all!! Whatever goes!


I don't know if this is a joke so I'll assume (and hope) it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
We have to so they don't get mass murdered!!


Just get to the end of it at all and give the kids guns like you inevitably will.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #62
willT08
SM58 beater
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: with jah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Pretty soon, people will be wanting to be able to get married to more than one person simultaneously, or to their lifelong pet, or to a tree. Lets just legalize it all!! Whatever goes!
I'd be fine with polygamy.

You already know why the other two are too ridiculous even for what you were going for
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #63
Weaponized
Registered User
 
Weaponized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyThomson
There's alot of arguments about religion and LGBT being a "sin", but isn't it fact that eating shellfish is a bigger sin than homosexuality? I think shellfish is mentioned several more times than anything related to LGBT in the bible. I'm pretty sure alot of christians who are opposing same-sex marriage are eating shellfish as i type.


All sins are equal. Also Christians eat shellfish + pork (which is also said to be a sin in the old testament) because the New Testament and Jesus became the new law n stuff so they no longer apply. Homosexuality is said to be sinful in the New Testament.

Quote:
What happened to separation of church and state? Are we stepping backwards...
It's not going backwards if that's the way it's been forever lol, it's just refusal to move forwards because their beliefs don't agree with it.
__________________
We are here for you

Last edited by Weaponized : 02-05-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Weaponized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #64
lncognito
Encephalectomized
 
lncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The ever-changing mass of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I don't know if this is a joke so I'll assume (and hope) it is.
Unfortunately not.
lncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #65
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
 
rockingamer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rainy Northwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
All sins are equal. Also Christians eat shellfish + pork (which is also said to be a sin in the old testament) because the New Testament and Jesus became the new law n stuff so they no longer apply. Homosexuality is said to be sinful in the New Testament.

I don't understand why Christians arguing against gay marriage use the Old Testament. All you have to do is bring up X thing that Christians do that is sinful according to the OT or the "New Covenant" stuff with Jesus. It's terrible.
__________________
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #66
Trowzaa
Khaz‚d
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The White Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by lncognito
Unfortunately not.


__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #67
lncognito
Encephalectomized
 
lncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The ever-changing mass of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
You're only posting that because you want to have sex with it, aren't you?

Well, guess what, this law is basically legalizing that and marrying it afterwards. It's only a matter of time.
lncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #68
Carnivean
UG Board King
 
Carnivean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: n.a.
'Twas a joke.

And seriously, anyone who uses the Bible to argue against homosexuality is fighting a losing battle. The Bible permits so many other things ( such as slavery ) that are now unquestionably wrong, yet many Bible thumpers seem to view one particular bit about homosexuality as an exception for some reason.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #69
Weaponized
Registered User
 
Weaponized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
I don't understand why Christians arguing against gay marriage use the Old Testament. All you have to do is bring up X thing that Christians do that is sinful according to the OT or the "New Covenant" stuff with Jesus. It's terrible.
BEING GAY IS GROSS MAN

Being gay just really doesn't sit well with a lot of people for whatever reason. It's not just cause it's a sin according to them, they are just bigots for whatever reasons.

Like I go to a christian university, and this was slipped under one of the gay students door.
show


Like wtf man, someone took the time to type that out just to harass someone. It's disgusting.
__________________
We are here for you
Weaponized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #70
Trowzaa
Khaz‚d
 
Trowzaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The White Rose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
BEING GAY IS GROSS MAN

Being gay just really doesn't sit well with a lot of people for whatever reason. It's not just cause it's a sin according to them, they are just bigots for whatever reasons.

Like I go to a christian university, and this was slipped under one of the gay students door.
show


Like wtf man, someone took the time to type that out just to harass someone. It's disgusting.


How Christian of them.
__________________
if you can't handle me when i'm bulking then you don't deserve me when i'm swole xo
Trowzaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #71
lncognito
Encephalectomized
 
lncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The ever-changing mass of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
'Twas a joke.

And seriously, anyone who uses the Bible to argue against homosexuality is fighting a losing battle. The Bible permits so many other things ( such as slavery ) that are now unquestionably wrong, yet many Bible thumpers seem to view one particular bit about homosexuality as an exception for some reason.
Wait, haven't you been one of those bible thumpers in a previous thread? Is my memory deceiving me? Am I being boringly trolled? Well-played anyway.
lncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #72
Carnivean
UG Board King
 
Carnivean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: n.a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lncognito
Wait, haven't you been one of those bible thumpers in a previous thread? Is my memory deceiving me? Am I being boringly trolled? Well-played anyway.


Na. I don't think I've brought up the bible in any post ever until now, actually. And FYI, I'm pretty much dead center in terms of the American political spectrum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #73
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
I think the people who claim that gay marriage will "invalidate" marriage or "destroy the sanctimony of marriage" are idiots. If their marriage is apparently so fragile that two people of the same gender getting married will threaten it, then that's their problem.

I think it's an issue that does not affect heterosexual marriage and so there is nothing to complain about, since the definition and rights of being married is not being changed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

OddOneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #74
burghUK
Registered User
 
burghUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
We have a seperation of church and state , seriously practicing religious people are clearly a minority so how do they have the right to say whether or not someone can marry.

If the majority are for it , which they are , it should happen.
burghUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #75
willT08
SM58 beater
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: with jah
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghUK
We have a seperation of church and state , seriously practicing religious people are clearly a minority so how do they have the right to say whether or not someone can marry.

If the majority are for it , which they are , it should happen.

No we don't. What gave you that idea?
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #76
lncognito
Encephalectomized
 
lncognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The ever-changing mass of people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Na. I don't think I've brought up the bible in any post ever until now, actually. And FYI, I'm pretty much dead center in terms of the American political spectrum.

Ah, sorry then. Now I'm entirely perplexed as to whom I confused you with =|

OT: Evils are gay, man and should marriage woman only for, etc.
lncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #77
burghUK
Registered User
 
burghUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
No we don't. What gave you that idea?



It's a house of parliament , not a house of divine and spiritual advancement. MP's are voted via democracy and not their religious background.
burghUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #78
willT08
SM58 beater
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: with jah
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghUK
It's a house of parliament , not a house of divine and spiritual advancement. MP's are voted via democracy and not their religious background.

None of that guarantees separation. And there are seats reserved for Bishops of the CofE in the House of Lords. Our political system is expressly religious.
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #79
I.O.T.M
Banned
 
I.O.T.M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Banterbury
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
I'm really getting tired of these whiny Christians. They're the kid who hogs the slide and complains when people realize he doesn't own it and decide to kick him off.

I live not too far from his constituency, I might leave a shit on his doorstep for that comment.

I have heard it said that 7 out of every 10 British people support gay marriage. If we're truely a democracy, the bill will pass.
I.O.T.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #80
Tsar66
untitled
 
Tsar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Baby steps Tsar, baby steps.

yeah i appreciate that but when gay people are still dying b/c they don't get sex ed [at all] & end up getting AIDS i don't think gay marriage is or should be a priority tbh
__________________
tumblr.
Last.fm
Tsar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.