PeTA

hello

behind_you is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #22
ErikLensherr
blackflag pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
I don't own a television. Not one. Rid my house of them years ago. Best decision I ever made.

Television is unreality. The news is nothing but propaganda and cannot be relied upon. Even the weather is dubious. Sports scores are about the only thing that's accurate, but I outgrew sports at around 16 years of age.

Television is an incredible waste of time and sucks the creativity right out of every human that watches it. It is literal mind control for they don't call it "programming" for no reason.
People will actually sit down at a time certain each week for their "program." Like Pavlov's dog salivating for the latest titillating trash to come out of New York or L.A. No thanks.

Your loss Hitler, Breaking Bad is really good.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #23
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggleyKubrick
Unless your laptop is actually on your lap in which case your boys is boiled.
It's called "Toasted Leg Syndrome" and most people aren't aware of it.

Warm Laptop? Beware 'Toasted Leg Syndrome'

Laptop computers, by nature, can go anywhere. And when users log on, they often rest the laptop in their lap.

This may even be how you are reading this article right now. If so, you may want to consider moving the laptop off your skin.

The November issue of Pediatrics explores a case study involving a 12-year-old boy whose laptop is thought to have caused erythema ab igne, a skin affliction known as “toasted leg syndrome.”

Erythema ab igne is a skin disorder in which affected skin turns brown. It is typically caused by prolonged exposure to heat or an infrared source such as a heating pad or hot water bottle.

In the past, erythema ab igne was most commonly observed on patients who worked near open fires and coal stoves. Incidence has gone down since the introduction of central heating.

However, researchers are noticing new cases caused by laptop computers.

To be clear, laptop-induced cases are still rare. The researchers know of only 10 laptop-induced cases since 2004.

These patients are unique in that the skin discoloration occurs on patients’ thighs and is asymmetrical.

The 12-year-old boy highlighted in the article is thought to be the youngest laptop-induced patient. He reported playing computer games for several hours per day with his laptop computer being located on his upper legs. This continued for months. He noticed the heat on his left side, but did not change the laptop’s position.

His erythema ab igne was only on his left leg. The authors believe it was probably caused by heat emanating from the optical drive. A laptop’s battery and ventilation fan are two other suspected common culprits.

In rare cases, chronic erythema ab igne can lead to squamous cell carcinoma, a form of cancer.

The authors conclude that although the skin problem is rarely reported now, they believe the popularity of laptops will likely increase the diagnosis in the future. They caution that a child’s skin is especially sensitive to heat and also recommend laptop warning labels.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-05-2013 at 04:17 PM.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #24
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

Smoking
Sitting on a Microwave
Beer
Being shot in the nuts
and now Televison!?

Shit, sperms these days have it hard.
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
treborillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #25
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Your loss Hitler, Breaking Bad is really good.
Name calling; the first sanctuary for those who cannot refute or have a researched opinion about what was said by the person they call names. Most people outgrow name calling by about the third grade, but not all. Name calling is a form of propaganda.

Propaganda Techniques

Name Calling:

Name calling occurs often in politics and wartime scenarios, but very seldom in advertising. It is another of the seven main techniques designated by the Institute for Propaganda Analysis. It is the use of derogatory language or words that carry a negative connotation when describing an enemy. The propaganda attempts to arouse prejudice among the public by labeling the target something that the public dislikes. Often, name calling is employed using sarcasm and ridicule, and shows up often in political cartoons or writings. When examining name calling propaganda, we should attempt to separate our feelings about the name and our feelings about the actual idea or proposal.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-05-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #26
ErikLensherr
blackflag pls

Quote:
Name calling; the first sanctuary for those who cannot refute or have a researched opinion about what was said by the person they call names. Most people outgrow name calling by about the third grade, but not all. Name calling is a form of propaganda.

Propaganda Techniques

Name Calling:

Name calling occurs often in politics and wartime scenarios, but very seldom in advertising. It is another of the seven main techniques designated by the Institute for Propaganda Analysis. It is the use of derogatory language or words that carry a negative connotation when describing an enemy. The propaganda attempts to arouse prejudice among the public by labeling the target something that the public dislikes. Often, name calling is employed using sarcasm and ridicule, and shows up often in political cartoons or writings. When examining name calling propaganda, we should attempt to separate our feelings about the name and our feelings about the actual idea or proposal.

u wot m8
Old 02-05-2013, 04:19 PM   #27
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:

Propaganda Techniques

Name Calling:

fag
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

He just called you a homosexual, not a cigarette.
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #29
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
u wot m8
Name callers are customarily of low IQ as evidenced by their own speech or writings.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #30
Weaponized

Quote:
Name callers are customarily of low IQ as evidenced by their own speech or writings.

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #31
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
fag
As stated above, those who use this form of propaganda (name calling) are usually of low IQ and have poor critical thinking skills.

UG isn't lacking in the share of users who fit the above category or criteria. Like cockroaches they are.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-05-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #32
Wolfinator-x
Teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborillusion
Smoking
Sitting on a Microwave
Beer
Being shot in the nuts
and now Televison!?

Shit, sperms these days have it hard.
Ejection is the worst though.
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #33
ErikLensherr
blackflag pls

Quote:

So are people who think weather reports are "propaganda" in my experience.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
As stated above, those who use this form of propaganda (name calling) are usually of low IQ and have poor critical thinking skills.

As stated above, you are a fag.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #35
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinator-x
Ejection is the worst though.

You mean adjaculation?
Old 02-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #36
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey

Quote:

UG isn't lacking in the share of users who fit the above category or criteria. Like cockroaches they are.

You must be fun at parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #37
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
So are people who think weather reports are "propaganda" in my experience.
You are implying I made such an assertion. You are being disingenuous and are a liar.

I said that weather reports are dubious. Do you know what that term means? One of its definitions include "of uncertain outcome." A weather report is an educated guess at best and many times a meteorologist gets it wrong.

In passing, your attempt to label something I said above that in no way has anything whatsoever to do with propaganda is a fail.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
As stated above, you are a fag.
I'm not the one of at least two here with the homosexual fixation and obsession, nor have I made any such references to same. It seems to me the one talking the most about dicks is the one most interested in dicks.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #39
ErikLensherr
blackflag pls

Quote:
You are implying I made such an assertion. You are being disingenuous and are a liar.

I said that weather reports are dubious. Do you know what that term means? One of its definitions include "of uncertain outcome." A weather report is an educated guess at best and many times a meteorologist gets it wrong.

In passing, your attempt to label something I said above that in no way has anything whatsoever to do with propaganda is a fail.

Definitely fun at parties, lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #40
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:

C*ntbucket! Ass-sock! Jackoid!

In all seriousness, your assertion that people calling you names automatically means they have low IQ and poor critical thinking skills leads me to question your critical thinking skills.

Quote:
I'm not the one of at least two here with the homosexual fixation and obsession, nor have I made any such references to same. It seems to me the one talking the most about dicks is the one most interested in dicks.

I suspected this was the case. /sigh

You have bad critical thinking skills.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 02-05-2013 at 04:37 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: