leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikLensherr
Definitely fun at parties, lol.

Almost as fun as this guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot

Last edited by leony03 : 02-05-2013 at 04:38 PM.
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #42
zackk

@concertshooter You should probably rid yourself of all modern technology and go live in the forest. I think you would be better off. It may be the best decision you ever make. You wouldn't be negatively influenced by the internet. Also, you wouldn't have to eat processed foods or live in a home constructed of synthetic materials.
zackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #43
Nickpocalypse
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
I don't own a television. Not one. Rid my house of them years ago. Best decision I ever made.

Television is unreality. The news is nothing but propaganda and cannot be relied upon. Even the weather is dubious. Sports scores are about the only thing that's accurate, but I outgrew sports at around 16 years of age.

Television is an incredible waste of time and sucks the creativity right out of every human that watches it. It is literal mind control for they don't call it "programming" for no reason.
People will actually sit down at a time certain each week for their "program." Like Pavlov's dog salivating for the latest titillating trash to come out of New York or L.A. No thanks.

And yet, here you are.

EDIT: Agree with all the "Correlation =/= Causation" people in here.
Nickpocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #44
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackk
@concertshooter You should probably rid yourself of all modern technology and go live in the forest. I think you would be better off. It may be the best decision you ever make. You wouldn't be negatively influenced by the internet. Also, you wouldn't have to eat processed foods or live in a home constructed of synthetic materials.
I see. Because I believe television is a waste of time, and little more than a tool for mind control, I should go live in a forest? And because, by living in the forest I wouldn't by your line of reasoning have internet access and would be better off? And in the same paragraph you make the assumption that I eat processed foods and live in a dwelling constructed of synthetic materials.

You're all over the place. The paragraph is your friend and so is the ability to reason and maintain a coherent train of thought.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #45
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets

Quote:
I'm not the one of at least two here with the homosexual fixation and obsession, nor have I made any such references to same. It seems to me the one talking the most about dicks is the one most interested in dicks.

You're the only one who has mentioned dicks. By your own logic you're a massive fag.

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
2 - 2 - 0
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:26 PM   #46
Xiaoxi
Indeed.

Faggot of the Month Award goes to:

Quote:
I'm not the one of at least two here with the homosexual fixation and obsession, nor have I made any such references to same. It seems to me the one talking the most about dicks is the one most interested in dicks.

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #47
Danjo's Guitar
UG's Math/Physics Major

Quote:
I see. Because I believe television is a waste of time, and little more than a tool for mind control, I should go live in a forest? And because, by living in the forest I wouldn't by your line of reasoning have internet access and would be better off? And in the same paragraph you make the assumption that I eat processed foods and live in a dwelling constructed of synthetic materials.

You're all over the place. The paragraph is your friend and so is the ability to reason and maintain a coherent train of thought.

Dude, shut up. I agree with your first point almost completely, I don't own a television, and if/when I ever get one again it will probably be only to watch movies. (And Doctor Who). My physics teacher in high school hadn't owned a TV for 15 years, and I respect him a lot for that, as well as other reasons. (If your name is Dave then you may be my physics teacher, but you should also chill out.) However you don't need to be an asshole.

I understand that the pit monkeys are rubbing you the wrong way, but thats the nature of this place. Telling the pit not to call people names would be like explaining to the Chinese government why communism was bad. Sure, you could make a lot of good points, but they aren't going to listen to you, you're just going to end up pissing everyone off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
3 ram, nice

Last edited by Danjo's Guitar : 02-05-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Danjo's Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #48
zackk

Quote:

Your belief that television is a waste of time is acceptable. However, your assumption that it is a tool for mind control is borderline ridiculous. It's entertainment and nothing more.

I will now start another paragraph because you seem to be unable to follow two different thoughts in a small amount of text. In fact, I suppose I should start a new paragraph after this sentence.

By living in a forest void of technology, you don't risk having your mind controlled by the television or the internet. If a television is only a device for mind control, one can only begin to think of what the internet can do.

By eating what you grow and/or hunt, (which I can only assume you do not do) you minimize harmful effects.

Most importantly, living in a forest would be mutually beneficial to both you and everyone you come in contact with on a daily basis. You wouldn't have to deal with the brainwashed television watchers and they wouldn't have to deal with, well, whatever you are.

In summary, I don't suspect you will take this completely seriously and you shouldn't. Feel free to correct my sentence and paragraph structure as well as my grammar. As this is not academic in nature, there may be some issues. Have a nice day.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #49
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Faggot of the Month Award goes to:

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:32 PM   #50
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
However, your assumption that it is a tool for mind control is borderline ridiculous. It's entertainment and nothing more
"A substantial body of research has shown that a child's aggressive behavior is related to the amount of violence the child watches on television (Liebert & Sprafkin, 1988), ..."
--Research Methods in Human Development , 2nd Edition, Kathleen W. Brown, page 21.

"Indicating growing concern regarding the issue of television violence, recent commentaries in the Washington Post (Harwood, 1993; Will, 1993; "Televiolence," 1993) highlight: * a paper by Centerwall (1993) that examines several studies and argues that television violence increases violent and aggressive tendencies in young people and contributes to the growth of violent crime in the United States; * and a Times Mirror poll, reported in March 1993, that found that the majority of Americans feels that "entertainment television is too violent...that this is harmful to society...that we as a society have become desensitized to violence."
--Television Violence and Behavior: A Research Summary.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars are spent on research before any commercial is produced for a given product advertised on television. Investors and producers hold focus groups to get input from the likely target audience and from this input the commercial is produced in such a way to influence the behavior of those watching to make the purchase. They also hire behaviorists to help provide insight as to how best to market a given product.

Television influences behavior. Some for good, but mostly negative, destructive behavior.

If you think television isn't being used as a tool for propaganda and mind control you're incredibly naive and uninformed.

Quote:
I will now start another paragraph because you seem to be unable to follow two different thoughts in a small amount of text. In fact, I suppose I should start a new paragraph after this sentence.
No. I have a problem with those who cannot compose a simple sentence and attempt to convey several thoughts from one paragraph.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-05-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #51
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Oh well, I don't need all of them anyway.

Not that I watch TV, but I assume laptops aren't good for the little wrigglers.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #52
zackk

Quote:
Unnecessary research

You wouldn't believe how impressed I am by your ability to use quotations. Please forgive me. Look, I know how the English language works. On an unrelated note that does not warrant a new paragraph because this is an internet forum and not an academic essay, I can't imagine how unpleasant you are to be around in person.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #53
ConcertShooter
Banned

Quote:
You wouldn't believe how impressed I am by your ability to use quotations. Please forgive me. Look, I know how the English language works. On an unrelated note that does not warrant a new paragraph because this is an internet forum and not an academic essay, I can't imagine how unpleasant you are to be around in person.
I'm not going to apologize because I expect people to be able to communicate using proper spelling and grammar. Strange that many of you aren't aware of the need for paragraphs or are unable to string together a coherent though. Maybe I've just found the 'tard corral.

And yes, I'm very unpleasant to be around.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-06-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #54
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

I wonder if jacking off a lot or having loads of sex reduces sperm count?
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.
treborillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 AM   #55
Xiaoxi
Indeed.

Faggot of the Year Award goes to:

Quote:
"A substantial body of research has shown that a child's aggressive behavior is related to the amount of violence the child watches on television (Liebert & Sprafkin, 1988), ..."
--Research Methods in Human Development , 2nd Edition, Kathleen W. Brown, page 21.

"Indicating growing concern regarding the issue of television violence, recent commentaries in the Washington Post (Harwood, 1993; Will, 1993; "Televiolence," 1993) highlight: * a paper by Centerwall (1993) that examines several studies and argues that television violence increases violent and aggressive tendencies in young people and contributes to the growth of violent crime in the United States; * and a Times Mirror poll, reported in March 1993, that found that the majority of Americans feels that "entertainment television is too violent...that this is harmful to society...that we as a society have become desensitized to violence."

Hundreds of thousands of dollars are spent on research before any commercial is produced for a given product advertised on television. Investors and producers hold focus groups to get input from the likely target audience and from this input the commercial is produced in such a way to influence the behavior of those watching to make the purchase. They also hire behaviorists to help provide insight as to how best to market a given product.

Television influences behavior. Some for good, but mostly negative, destructive behavior.

If you think television isn't being used as a tool for propaganda and mind control you're incredibly naive and uninformed.

No. I have a problem with those who cannot compose a simple sentence and attempt to convey several thoughts from one paragraph.

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #56
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey

Quote:
I'm not going to apologize because I expect people to be able to communicate using proper spelling and grammar. Strange that many of you aren't aware of the need for paragraphs or are unable to string together a coherent though. Maybe I've just found the 'tard corral.

And yes, I'm very unpleasant to be around.

*sentence though.

Definition of irony. Just gonna put that out there about your speech about grammar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot

Last edited by leony03 : 02-06-2013 at 08:06 AM.
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #57
Ichikurosaki
rub the donger

dont need sperm dont care

Plays - Dragons Crown
Metro Redux
Ichikurosaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #58
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser

Quote:

I think he's missing the point. Breaking bad is REALLY good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I basically slap my dick on my girlfriend's stomach until I get off.
brot pls
Minecraft: Bunnies4Breakfst
Xbox: Bunies4Breakfst
Ssargentslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #59
leeb rocks

Quote:

Pretty much every study ever conducted on the effects of tv on behaviour can not be extrapolated beyond the lab. They are riddled with problems of ecological validity and anyone making sure and certain claims is simply talking nonsense.

And how on earth is marketing evil? Do you buy goods in shops or do you insist on non-labelled food stuffs to prevent corporate mind control?

EDIT: Ah wait you're the guy who thinks that vaccines are being used for population control right? If I'd known I wouldn't have bothered trying to make a reasonable point.

Last edited by leeb rocks : 02-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.
leeb rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #60
Zombee
Banned

My sperms never stood a chance. DAMN YOU LOST!! DAMN YOUS!!
Zombee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: