Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #61
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr

Owl eyes are tubular in shape. This is why they have to turn their heads to look around.

TIME CONSUMING

CONSUME ME

Mudmen190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #62
Rocketface2112
Face of rockery

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborillusion
Cats can't see when they're born and babies can breathe underwater.

you mean cat babies? or human babies?

i know baby cats cant breathe under water, i've tested this theory numerous times
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Celestion G12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Rocketface2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 AM   #63
progdude93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketface2112
you mean cat babies? or human babies?

i know baby cats cant breathe under water, i've tested this theory numerous times

Do you think it would make a difference if it was stew? Because if so, then I have too.

Also, all animals love to trip balls and get high (not even a joke). Usually on hard drugs.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #64
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites

already brought up, but duck dicks are ridiculous

the duck keeps its penis inside-out within a sac in its body. When the time for mating arrives, the penis explodes outwards to a fully-erect 20cm, around a quarter of the animal’s total body length. The whole process takes just a third of a second

heres a video
http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketsc...sexual-battles/

also, koalas have such vigorous sex, that it isnt uncommon for the male to break the females pelvis
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote:
Originally Posted by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
DempseyPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #65
flexiblemile

How the male angler fish gets screwed

This one takes the prize, I think. Even more ****ed up then the duck dick
flexiblemile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #66
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Some monkeys squeeze millipedes to get high off the secretions of the millipede.

(I forget the details but saw it on some nature show a few days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings
CodeMonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #67
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DempseyPunk
already brought up, but duck dicks are ridiculous

the duck keeps its penis inside-out within a sac in its body. When the time for mating arrives, the penis explodes outwards to a fully-erect 20cm, around a quarter of the animal’s total body length. The whole process takes just a third of a second

heres a video
http://scienceblogs.com/notrocketsc...sexual-battles/

also, koalas have such vigorous sex, that it isnt uncommon for the male to break the females pelvis

tf
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 AM   #68
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
tf

duck dicks are srs bsns
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Old 02-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #69
beer bear
UG's Hermit

Cracked

This being the pit, you guys probably know this stuff already.
beer bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:35 AM   #70
Joshua Garcia

I've been told I'm an animal in bed.

Specifically, by nobody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea55
How bout you and your weebo ass go away?
Joshua Garcia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #71
Sparky-MMA
UG's Ginger

chimpanzees are able to comprehend basic tools, some have been known to make and use axes and they have been known to make fire and torches to find their way in the dark.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 AM   #72
DempseyPunk
go fly some kites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky-MMA
chimpanzees are able to comprehend basic tools, some have been known to make and use axes and they have been known to make fire and torches to find their way in the dark.

not only that, but they have used trial and error to shape and fasten spears to make them more efficient, almost down to an art. Primitive, but awesome.

**** yeah animals
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Old 02-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #73
Sparky-MMA
UG's Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DempseyPunk
not only that, but they have used trial and error to shape and fasten spears to make them more efficient, almost down to an art. Primitive, but awesome.

**** yeah animals

they've also been known to attack small villages in search of food. i read that a long time ago, may not be true, it was in a book i was reading about mysteries and conspiracy theories, may have been a fabrication by someone, may have been pigmies and not chimps.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:14 AM   #74
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

The hivemind intelligence that ants have is slightly disturbing to me.

I can stumble drunk over hope and love, or I could just keep drinking until I sober up.

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 AM   #75
whoomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer bear
Cracked

These all being about dicks, you guys probably know this stuff already.

Fixed.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #76
kertets
Banned

My cat takes it up the ass
kertets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #77
Sampy

Dogs can't look up
Old 02-07-2013, 06:04 AM   #78
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Some monkeys have gay sex

Cats can only land on their feet from a certain height, too low and they don't have enough time to turn around and land on their feet
Old 02-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #79
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Let me introduce you to the Capuchin monkey.

Capuchins have probably the greatest intellect among monkeys.
In the forests where they live, there are huge anvils made out of rock, the tops worn level with a lip around it's top edge from generations of use by the monkeys for opening nuts.

The particular nuts they like to eat grow miles away in one direction from the anvils so a bunch of monkeys will go and pick them. They select nuts that are ripe and in just the right condition for opening. Nuts that are not ripe are picked and dropped to the floor to ripen quicker and will be picked up a day or two later, when they're ready. Occasionaly, some will be left to grow new nut trees.
This could be loosely defined as crop growing, processing and planning for the future. Or 'farming.' (otherwise known as 'agriculture', in our 200,000 years of existence as a species, we only really started to master this around 12,000 years ago)

Meanwhile, miles away in a completely different direction is a river. The monkeys visit the river regularly because it's the only place they can find suitably hard rocks for use as hammers for opening the nuts.
If the rocks are too big, they are smashed together and broken into smaller pieces that are easier to handle, but they've also been seen using the sharp fragments to pierce things such as tree bark and fruits.
This is fairly advanced 'tool making', (for a monkey) reminicant of flint tools found with the remains of prehistoric man.

The nuts are farmed and brought to the anvils from one direction, the stones used as hammers to open them are found or 'made' and brought in from a different direction and they are all deposited by the anvils where all the monkeys go about using the hammer stones and the anvils to open the nuts providing the whole troop with food.
This is 'industry'.

The nuts are opened and often shared out equally among the group.
This is 'altruism', a form of morality.

The youngsters watch, learn, grow and occasionaly go off to form seperate groups elsewhere with it's own set of anvils nuts and rocks. Seperated from the original group, techniques begin to vary from group to group.
This is 'culture'.

Capuchins also make different noises of warning for different situations.
eg. While they are all occupied in their busy little lives, some are posted as lookouts and when one spots a wild dog, it makes a particular sound and they all run up a tree to avoid it. If it spots an eagle, it makes a different sound and they all dive for cover on the ground, under bushes, under overhanging rocks, in any hollows in the ground they can find. But it doesn't stop there with a simple warning about a threat from the ground or from the air.
They make a different sound for 'wild dog' than they do for 'snake' or for 'cat' and different sounds again for herbivours, in which case they just acknowledge them and move out of their way if they get too close so as to avoid being trampled.
Different noises that have different meanings could obviously be considered as rudimentry 'language'.

So, Capuchin society has tool use, agriculture, industry, altruism, language, culture... some are even known to self medicate by rubbing specifically chosen plants and other substances on their fur, sometimes they get high from such substances, (which suggests an ability to feel pleasue) other times the substances are used more as an insect repellant or, as far as we know, just smells nice. Infact the only 'human' traits they really seem to completely lack are art and religion.

Remember, these are 'monkeys', not apes which are generaly regarded as being far more advanced and intelligent, yet capuchins seem to be so far advanced, we could be tempted to say that they have an almost human type of 'civilisation'.

Another creature I find interesting is the vampire bat because, believe it or not, they appear to possess a rudimentry form of morality.
Vampire bats need to feed on blood every night because their metabolisms are so high that an inactive bat can literaly starve to death within about 40 hours after their last meal, also, their search for blood takes up so much energy that if they fail to find blood, active vampire bats can literally die of starvation within a single night.

Unfortunately, only so many bats in a single colony are successful in first finding a source of blood and then successful in feeding from that source, so when the bats all return to the colony, a number of them will be literaly starving to death.

This is where the vampire bat's 'buddy system' comes in.

A vampire bat will actualy regurgitate some of it's meal for another vampire bat and once this happens, these two bats will form a bond. When one is hungry the other will feed it, but what is to stop a bat from taking advantage, staying in the cave all night not expending any valuable energy and simply being fed by it's buddy?

'Morals' apparently.

This immoral 'lazy bat' behaviour has actualy been observed and recorded in vampire bat colonies but the guilty bat always gets ostracised and thrown out of the colony, which means it will more than likely starve to death unless it becomes very successful at finding blood supplies very quickly.

And that's not all, vampire bats need to stay above a cirtain temperature or they enter hypothermia very easily. Vampire bats that are active naturaly stay above this temperature but a vampire at rest needs the huddled warmth of it's fellow vampire bats to survive just falling asleep, so a vampire bat on it's own is practicaly a dead bat.

If the bat returns, the rest of the colony will continue to ostracise it, keeping it out of the communal huddle until it feeds a starving bat. Upon this action, they will calm down slightly but will still occasionaly ostracise it until it has repeated this action over several nights.

Great innit? You have a social crime, (being a lazy bat) you have the punishment (ostracising the lazy bat) and then you have the reformed bat doing a good deed (feeding a starving bat) in order to be re-accepted into the huddle. It would appear that vampire bats do indeed have a form of instinctual moral code.

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #80
ProphetToJables
Tight Tight Tight

I didn't think the great and powerful SlackerBabbath was capable of a typo.

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
ProphetToJables is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: