Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #21
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

I'll take that bet too. Extend it out however far into the future you want, I'll still take it.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
ne14t

God damn man, I though China had issues with copyright infringements (Re: Top Gun Footage Incident) but North Korea has just taken it to a completely new level. Keep egging other countries on and people will just be itching to nuke them, on the flipside North Korea would make a good parking lot.
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
ne14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #23
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne14t
God damn man, I though China had issues with copyright infringements (Re: Top Gun Footage Incident) but North Korea has just taken it to a completely new level. Keep egging other countries on and people will just be itching to nuke them, on the flipside North Korea would make a good parking lot.

I don't get what the fuss it about on the copyright infringement tbh. Ye they took the video from COD so what, big deal.
ComradSputnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #24
Pad Mast3rs
G

It is because of all that anti american attitude they want to share. And they do that by using american protected things ?! Using american culture?! I mean we europeans do that too but not in order to offend americans.
Pad Mast3rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #25
beefcake122
no fun.

Best Korea only choose best vidya, dealwithit.jpg
Old 02-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #26
Carnivean
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
I'll still take that bet haha.

Look at how fast these types of regimes are toppling. It's at such a high rate it's ridiculous. I think countries like North Korea are definitely on deck.
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #27
blake1221
‭‭

But look how strong nations like Iran and China are. They're terrible places, yet are not only strong, but they're fervent in their beliefs. That's a bad combination. I don't doubt that they'll be gone eventually, but your time scale is too short for my optimism.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #28
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pad Mast3rs
It is because of all that anti american attitude they want to share. And they do that by using american protected things ?! Using american culture?! I mean we europeans do that too but not in order to offend americans.

Well you have to agree that the video fails to spark anti American sentiments as it is a complete failure. In fact it only confirms that N-Korea more primitive than the west. So I was saying: why should we take this video seriously if it fails to fulfil its purpose. The only purpose it has for me is 'lulz maaterial'
Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #29
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivean
Look at how fast these types of regimes are toppling. It's at such a high rate it's ridiculous. I think countries like North Korea are definitely on deck.

What makes you think this? What evidence besides the regimes in the Middle East toppling during the "Arab Spring"?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #30
ComradSputnik
UG's enlightened one

Quote:

If you're referring to the Arab spring, then you mustn't forget that social media played a significant role in the revolutions. North Korea on the other hand does not have these means of communication and is literally sealed off from the rest of the world.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
Carnivean
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
But look how strong nations like Iran and China are. They're terrible places, yet are not only strong, but they're fervent in their beliefs. That's a bad combination. I don't doubt that they'll be gone eventually, but your time scale is too short for my optimism.

So you acknowledge that they can't last. It's obvious.

And China IS toppling. At least the government is. Little by little, in ways other than intervention from a country like the U.S. And even so, China is not a rogue country. Iran is though. And just because Iran is "fervent" in its beliefs doesn't mean that regime will be able to resist the changing world around them, and the countries around the world that increasingly enforce international law.

Last edited by Carnivean : 02-07-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:45 PM   #32
Neer

I'm not really finding this funny :/ Their minds are fucked up beyond comprehension, some day they're really going to do it.
Neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #33
MAC2322
UG's Twilight Sparkle

North Korea legitimately frightens me. There is some Holocaust-level shit going down there and nobody cares.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #34
sock_demon
Ol' Dirty

This thread is now of interest of glorious Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

I forgot the rest of the joke but I raped your mom.

저한테 한국으로 말해봐 주세요.
sock_demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:19 PM   #35
luvs2gro
Ug's Botan

Iran has been around for 1000's of years, its borders were not drawn on a map, they exist geographically, the same borders haven't changed for 1000's of years. I think you are all confusing "Iran" with "Iraq" Iraq's borders have changed constantly through out history, its barely even a country. It is mostly war lords competing with each other trying to gain territory. Iran is rocking an economy, I don't think they'll be leaving soon.
luvs2gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #36
Nelshizzle
Find a place and go there

North Korea is funniest Korea.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #37
Jon777
Assbender

When people make fun of North Korea, it's because of comically evil shit like this.

~
Jon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
IMABBALLPLAYER
doesnt really play bball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon777
When people make fun of North Korea, it's because of comically evil shit like this.

Exactly this. Their government and leader are like an evil villain in a ridiculous action movie. China, the US and the rest of the world won't let them do anything crazy. China condemns almost all nuclear tests they've done, and just recently backed a UN proposal to condemn any further tests. If they even consider trying anything drastic, they will be taken out quickly and effectively.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
IMABBALLPLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 PM   #39
MAC2322
UG's Twilight Sparkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMABBALLPLAYER
Exactly this. Their government and leader are like an evil villain in a ridiculous action movie. China, the US and the rest of the world won't let them do anything crazy. China condemns almost all nuclear tests they've done, and just recently backed a UN proposal to condemn any further tests. If they even consider trying anything drastic, they will be taken out quickly and effectively.

And meanwhile, 10,000 North Koreans starve to death every year and more are sent to concentration camps to be tortured and killed for speaking out against the government.
Hilarious.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM   #40
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
So you acknowledge that they can't last. It's obvious.

And China IS toppling. At least the government is.

The Chinese government is as authoritarian as it's ever been. They've just let their economy become more capitalistic. But that's hardly new; it's been 30+ years since they opened their economy to capitalism. They still are heavily authoritarian.

Bandcamp

Rate This Thread: