Or a bit stupid.

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
girlgerms007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #22
beefcake122
no fun.

Insidious is the worst move i ever and I hope eveyrone that liked it chokes on dicks
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 AM   #23
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
Have you guys ever astral traveled? Do you believe it to be real (even though it is an undisputed scientific fact)?

But that's a lie, astral travel isn't an undisputed scientific fact. Infact, far from being considered as a fact, astral travel has never been verified by scientific study and is considered as impossible according to science. For example, imagine you are astraly travelling and taking notice of everything you are seeing along the way, how exactly are you 'seeing' anything without a solid pair of eyeballs to see with? Normaly, when we see things, the rays of light enter our eyes and hit the lens present in the eye. These rays then excite the nerves, which carry a message to the brain via nerves. The brain then understands the signal that the eye is sending and 'sees' the object that the eye was looking at.... but how can any of that happen without any of the things needed for sight to be possible, such as an eyeball, a brain and the nerves required to carry the signal?

It's like expecting your TV to be able to pick up a clear picture of an object without someone first pointing a camera at it, so in other words, the belief in the possibility of astral travel, or astral 'projection' as it's otherwise known as, is considerd by science to be an irrational belief.

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 02-09-2013 at 07:13 AM.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #24
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

Quote:
Have you guys ever astral traveled? Do you believe it to be real (even though it is an undisputed scientific fact)?

i lold
Old 02-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #25
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
But that's a lie, astral travel isn't an undisputed scientific fact. Infact, far from being considered as a fact, astral travel is considered as impossible according to science. For example, imagine you are astraly travelling and taking notice of everything you are seeing along the way, how exactly are you 'seeing' anything without a solid pair of eyeballs to see with? Normaly, when we see things, the rays of light enter our eyes and hit the lens present in the eye. These rays then excite the nerves, which carry a message to the brain via nerves. The brain then understands the signal that the eye is sending and 'sees' the object that the eye was looking at.... but how can any of that happen without any of the things needed for sight to be possible, such as an eyeball, a brain and the nerves required to carry the signal?

It's like expecting your TV to be able to pick up a clear picture of an object without someone first pointing a camera at it

I think its something like if someone goes blind (due to disease/accident/whatever, not blind from birth), the brain is still able to "see", if only via the memory, but not the eyes.

Or Not (See below)

I posted my experience with it in another thread awhile back...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeMonk
I've done it once.
Requires an extremely relaxed, and sober mind.

Quote:
Well, first off, it took me awhile to get it to happen (Several weeks I think).
I lived on a horse ranch. And there were several other horse ranches in the area.
I remember observing a horse at one of the other ranches giving birth, with several people around watching. I couldn't really see their faces (it was about 3am), as I was more focused on the horse.
I found out the next day that the horse I saw giving birth, actually did give birth at the same time I had my experience. And those same people (The ranch owner and his wife and daughter) were all present.

Make of it what you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob.

Last edited by CodeMonk : 02-09-2013 at 07:10 AM.
CodeMonk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 07:33 AM   #26
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Quote:
Well, first off, it took me awhile to get it to happen (Several weeks I think).
I lived on a horse ranch. And there were several other horse ranches in the area.
I remember observing a horse at one of the other ranches giving birth, with several people around watching. I couldn't really see their faces (it was about 3am), as I was more focused on the horse.
I found out the next day that the horse I saw giving birth, actually did give birth at the same time I had my experience. And those same people (The ranch owner and his wife and daughter) were all present.

Make of it what you will.

There's always a rational explanation. For example, we could put your experience down to a coincedental dream.

Horses breed at certain times of year, correct? So, it stands to reason that during a certain time of year, (11 months after breeding season) in an area where there are 'several horse ranches', the likelyhood of a horse being born any night is greatly increased. And because horses are valuable and because people have an affinity to horses and are generaly interested in such things, there's also a high liklyhood that people will be present when the horse is born.

There's also possibly a lot to be said for 'subliminal suggestion'. It's little studied, but it's been suggested that the memory of our dreams are not as firmly established as real memories are and may still be open to manipulation. (for example, ever noticed how you can easily forget a dream but a memory of something real becomes something more perminant?) So for example, you could have dreamed about a random horse being born at a random ranch, then later when you hear about a particular horse being born at a particularr ranch with particular people present, your mind adds these discriptions to the memory, making you think that you somehow experienced the same thing as these other people without being physically present.

I'm not saying that this is what definately happened, just that it is a rational possibility and that rational possibilities should always be considered as more likely explanations than irrational beliefs.

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 02-09-2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:16 AM   #27
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Sure, coincidence is possible.
But.....
I knew which horse gave birth (Well, the stall it was in).
The color of the foal (Bay).
Sex of the foal (Colt).
Who was there.
The stall it happened in (Last stall on the north east corner of the center barn; 3 barns on the property).
What time it happened.

BEFORE they told me.

Quote:
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #28
Kämpfer

Quote:
definately

shit man
Kämpfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #29
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Sure, coincidence is possible.
But.....
I knew which horse gave birth (Well, the stall it was in).
The color of the foal (Bay).
Sex of the foal (Colt).
Who was there.
The stall it happened in (Last stall on the north east corner of the center barn; 3 barns on the property).
What time it happened.

BEFORE they told me.

The point I'm making though is that it's possible that you could have heard about the birth afterwards but still associated it with your dream, thanks to the difference in nature of how we remember dreams as opposed to how we remember memories of real events.

Of course, I don't know if that's what really happened, but it's a plausable explanation. Without you first recording the details of the dream and those details being witnesses by an independant investigator before being told about the horse being born, then there's no way to know or check if you actualy witnessed the horse being born without being physically present or whether you just think you did due to a trick of the mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kämpfer
shit man

What?
It's just one poxy spelling mistake, you still understood what it meant so it still served the exact same purpose as it would have if I had spelled it correctly.

Please also note that I have a mild form of dyslexia, it actualy takes quite a lot of concentration for me to spell many things correctly so it could be much worse.

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 02-09-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #30
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart

Quote:
The point I'm making though is that it's possible that you could have heard about the birth afterwards but still associated it with your dream, thanks to the difference in nature of how we remember dreams as opposed to how we remember memories of real events.

Of course, I don't know if that's what really happened, but it's a plausable explanation. Without you first recording the details of the dream and those details being witnesses by an independant investigator before being told about the horse being born, then there's no way to know or check if you actualy witnessed the horse being born without being physically present or whether you just think you did due to a trick of the mind.

Sure, the mind can play tricks on you. I'm willing to accept that.
But there is still quite about about the capabilities of the brain that science still doesn't know about or understand all the way.

But in my mind, things happened just as I said they did.

I grew up around horse ranches/boarding stables so the birth of a horse is about as interesting to me as buying a pair of shoes at the Goodwill store.
I was 18 at the time and had probably seen 50+ horses born by that time.
I only went over there to "confirm" my "dream" (Which was still very vivid in my mind).
Shit, most dreams (except nightmares), usually fade from memory in less that a minute after I wake up. As far as I know, I was NOT asleep during this (for lack of a better word) "vision".

And I'm a bit of a night owl type. Always have been. 3am means its time for lunch for me.
Hell, its 5AM right now and I'm still awake.

You can dispute and/or doubt everything I say, and that's fine. We all have our beliefs and disbelief's.

And for the record, though not OT, I think Psychics are all full of shit.

In hindsight, maybe I should have had a notary public come over so I could tell them about my "dream" before I went over to that ranch

Quote:

My friends call me Rob.

Last edited by CodeMonk : 02-09-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #31
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Sure, the mind can play tricks on you. I'm willing to accept that.
But there is still quite about about the capabilities of the brain that science still doesn't know about or understand all the way.

True, but there are certain things that just don't conform to the laws of physics, and astral projection is one of them.
Quote:
But in my mind, things happened just as I said they did.

I fully accept that, I'm just saying that it's plausable that things didn't quite happen as your mind interprets it.
Quote:
I grew up around horse ranches/boarding stables so the birth of a horse is about as interesting to me as buying a pair of shoes at the Goodwill store.
I was 18 at the time and had probably seen 50+ horses born by that time.
I only went over there to "confirm" my "dream" (Which was still very vivid in my mind).
Shit, most dreams (except nightmares), usually fade from memory in less that a minute after I wake up. As far as I know, I was NOT asleep during this (for lack of a better word) "vision".

And I'm a bit of a night owl type. Always have been. 3am means its time for lunch for me.
Hell, its 5AM right now and I'm still awake.

You can dispute and/or doubt everything I say, and that's fine. We all have our beliefs and disbelief's.

Fair comment.

Quote:
And for the record, though not OT, I think Psychics are all full of shit.

Agreed.

Slacker's Art Website.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #32
Goth JR

I'm Astral Projecting right now, all over my keyboard

^^Let's play find the link!^^

Some have friends....

... others have guitars....

Hey, it's uhh... 4:20....
Thought you'd like to know is all.

I am not here to make you laugh, I'm here to make you horny.
Goth JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #33
ROCK=ZEPPELIN
Doesnt listen to zeppelin

Insidious is pretty good until the 3rd act. The first 2/3rds of that movie are pretty good.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #34
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht

Quote:

Dat bolded part.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #35
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
That is exactly what it is. I don't believe it to be an actual walk out of your body, but every time that i have done it it felt like real life and everything looked physical (all the light was correct, all the small details were there, i don't know how to explain it) so it was really cool.

Wake induced lucid dreaming is very much real, and the term is interchangeable with astral projection. As I stated in this thread earlier, I do not believe you're leaving your body, thats bull. But it is very possible to induce a dream when you're awake.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #36
me+yourmom=69
Banned

i think that ghost try too go in ur bnrai when u sllep and that only jueses can sav u
me+yourmom=69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:52 PM   #37
iHurricaneGTR
Big Gumbo Jones

i have no idea what the **** is going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

iHurricaneGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #38
guitarhero_764
UG Addict

I don't know if its possible, I've certainly never experienced it, but I think its naive to assume that we know anything for certain about how our minds work.

last.fm
guitarhero_764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #39
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus

Quote:

This man is definitely open to the idea that astral travel is imaginary.
MrDo0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #40
Seref
Gob****e

Location: Miami, Florida, United States of America, North American Continent, Earth, Terrestrial Planets, Solar System, Local Cluster, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe, Multiverse, Omniverse, Eternity
Quote:

If I ever meet you in real life I'm going to punch you in the snout.

Rate This Thread: