Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-09-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
Metal Turtle
Registered User
 
Metal Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Smile Metallica Blitzkrieg cover c4c

Heres a quick cover i did of Metallicas "Blitzkrieg" cover. Im trying to capture the Old School feel that they had on the "Justice" Album, Let me know what you think. I did some changes to the EQ and added some more drum fills.


Last edited by Metal Turtle : 02-10-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
TakenBr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
spot on dude. really nice cover, with that justice feel.
What's your gear?

Last edited by TakenBr : 02-10-2013 at 03:58 PM.
TakenBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Metal Turtle
Registered User
 
Metal Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakenBr
spot on dude. really nice cover, with that justice feel.
What's your gear?


Thanks man, The amps i used are mesa boogie mark lll for distortion and an Impulse a friend of mine created for the EQ to get the exact tone. Using a Fendar Jazz Bass, And drums are Samples stripped from the drum tracks.
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:39 AM   #4
b.vicious
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Great cover, everything sounded fantastic. This seriously sounded like it could have been the instrumentals taken right from the master, so you had amazing tone. I have no negatives from this, great job and thanks for the critique!
b.vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
Metal Turtle
Registered User
 
Metal Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.vicious
Great cover, everything sounded fantastic. This seriously sounded like it could have been the instrumentals taken right from the master, so you had amazing tone. I have no negatives from this, great job and thanks for the critique!


Thanks man! Means alot, I hope to hear some more of your stuff man too!
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
surjer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Right on man, this sounds sonically really close to the originals. I did notice you changed the drum parts from the originals such as at 0:28. not that it sounds bad but why did you make that decision? Seems to me you were trying to get as close as possible? Maybe your goal was just to get it SOUNDING as close sonically while still adding a bit of your own taste into it? Overall fantastic job.

Make sure to check out our cover of hungry eyes a few threads below..
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1587702
__________________
Ibanez RG420 w/EMG81 + Dragonfire 85
Ibanez Art320 BLS

Peavey 6505+ 112 Combo
Peavey Vypyr 75

Ibanez TS9
MXR Noise Clamp
MXR 6 Band EQ
Boss GT-10

My Metal Collabs Page
surjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
Metal Turtle
Registered User
 
Metal Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjer
Right on man, this sounds sonically really close to the originals. I did notice you changed the drum parts from the originals such as at 0:28. not that it sounds bad but why did you make that decision? Seems to me you were trying to get as close as possible? Maybe your goal was just to get it SOUNDING as close sonically while still adding a bit of your own taste into it? Overall fantastic job.

Make sure to check out our cover of hungry eyes a few threads below..
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1587702


Thanks! You got the right idea, I wanted to make it have a different feel instead of copying it completely to the core. The song was originally recorded in 1983 and i wanted it to sound like it was from the Metallica era from 1988. The drumming from the album "And Justice For All" sort of has that drumming pattern and i tried to incorporate that same feel to the songs.

Last edited by Metal Turtle : 02-11-2013 at 10:03 PM.
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 AM   #8
chaseNbadguys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Wow, I feel like im back in the day.......The day of awesomeness.....
chaseNbadguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
chaseNbadguys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
But seriously, The mix sounds great. Everything is panned to that prefect spot, and it has that metallica rattle your chest. The dept is great. You added an overdub guitar that adds some great character. Its like rating a fine IPA, thanks for posting such a nice sounding mix.
chaseNbadguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #10
Metal Turtle
Registered User
 
Metal Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseNbadguys
But seriously, The mix sounds great. Everything is panned to that prefect spot, and it has that metallica rattle your chest. The dept is great. You added an overdub guitar that adds some great character. Its like rating a fine IPA, thanks for posting such a nice sounding mix.


Thanks! I didnt expect it to sound the way it did but im glad you enjoyed it
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #11
ggguitar14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
This is how metallica would have recorded it today! even if the feel is from AJFA- great sound man.
The solo bit is fantastic! I've listened also to the All Nightmare Long cover, is it yours as well, right? another very good piece
ggguitar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #12
Big bang theory
Registered User
 
Big bang theory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Sounds very tight Metal Turtle, Apologize for the delay but I couldn't see the vid on my phone. Love the guitar tones! That solo tone was killer!
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.