Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
DrewMeyer

Supro Martinique

Hello,
I have been considering building a Supro Martinique (see here:http://www.gbase.com/gear/supro-mar...trol-1962-white) With various parts, but I don't know a lot about them and can't seem to find a lot of info concerning things like pickups and wiring and the such. Does anyone have any info they could share with me about this particular guitar? Thanks a lot!
DrewMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
&baconstrips

Supros are bomb, but why not make it your own creation? Tweak it with whatever mods you feel would be useful. You could have switches for phase, series, bypass, killswitch, coil tap, etc. You could have knobs for treble cut, bass cut, vol, mid boost, filter (like a wah). So many possibilities, why restrict yourself to copying another design?
&baconstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:22 PM   #3
DrewMeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by &baconstrips
Supros are bomb, but why not make it your own creation? Tweak it with whatever mods you feel would be useful. You could have switches for phase, series, bypass, killswitch, coil tap, etc. You could have knobs for treble cut, bass cut, vol, mid boost, filter (like a wah). So many possibilities, why restrict yourself to copying another design?

Hmm, interesting thoughts, really. That would be a lot of knobs, though
Old 01-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
&baconstrips

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewMeyer
Hmm, interesting thoughts, really. That would be a lot of knobs, though

Moar knobs = moar cool. Doesn't the supro have something like 8 controls to start with? 16 controls would be twice as cool! If you really want to go next level you could integrate a fuzz pedal or something.
&baconstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
DrewMeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by &baconstrips
Moar knobs = moar cool. Doesn't the supro have something like 8 controls to start with? 16 controls would be twice as cool! If you really want to go next level you could integrate a fuzz pedal or something.

Thanks for the very cool ideas. I'll think about them when I get around to doing this (sometime in the future).
Old 02-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #6
FransTh
Vox AD120VT, Strat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewMeyer
Thanks for the very cool ideas. I'll think about them when I get around to doing this (sometime in the future).

Hallo Drewmeyer,

Did you find a wiring diagram of the Supro Martinique?
I am as well interested since I own a Supro Martinique and I wonder if it is wired in its original state, because when I switch to the piezo it is combined with the neck pickup.
Somewhere I read that users at that time didn't like the sound of only the piezo and had some alternative wiring instead.

Regards,
Frans
FransTh is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: