Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #81
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG
 
Horsedick.MPEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Buck Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgerms007
No, they are defending rape. A rape apologist gives excuses for and condones rape. Apologetics usually is a term associated with different religions (e.g. C.S. Lewis is a famous Christian apologist) but it can be applied to other things, too. The term does not mean you are saying sorry or you are sorry about something (like rape) but it means you are making an argument for the defense of it.


There is so much wrong with this post it's not even funny. You should read a book on this shit.
__________________
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.



Stalk Me

Soundcloud

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #82
eGraham
Logjammin'
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cutting off your Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by kertets
Only losers post their opinions on the internet.

Well, that's your opinion.

Check and mate, ******
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.




I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #83
Tsar66
untitled
 
Tsar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I'm actually not. But you seem to be saying I'm usually wrong, when you're the guy who sat there and told us all that Mao and Stalin were great. It's like the pot calling the kettle black.

well actually i've never said either of them were great but okay
__________________
tumblr.
Last.fm
Tsar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #84
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar66
well actually i've never said either of them were great but okay

Actually, what you said was that Mao modernized China (when it was actually Deng who did that [by bringing in capitalism]). It's not too far of a stretch that you really like Mao, if you think he modernized China.

I'm assuming you think Stalin is great though, because he's your avatar. It's not too far of a stretch to assume you really like Stalin, if you're using him as your avatar.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #85
Tsar66
untitled
 
Tsar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Actually, what you said was that Mao modernized China (when it was actually Deng who did that [by bringing in capitalism]). It's not too far of a stretch that you really like Mao, if you think he modernized China.

okay that's a fair enough assumption, & Mao did definitely make a good bit progress in China
Quote:
I'm assuming you think Stalin is great though, because he's your avatar. It's not too far of a stretch to assume you really like Stalin, if you're using him as your avatar.

i prefer Stalin as a theorist than a leader tbh, altho he did do more to realise socialism than any other person has
__________________
tumblr.
Last.fm
Tsar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #86
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
^
The great thing is that you and I basically illustrated the point of this thread.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #87
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgerms007
No, they are defending rape. A rape apologist gives excuses for and condones rape. Apologetics usually is a term associated with different religions (e.g. C.S. Lewis is a famous Christian apologist) but it can be applied to other things, too. The term does not mean you are saying sorry or you are sorry about something (like rape) but it means you are making an argument for the defense of it.

You're ignorant.

A rape apologist is someone who's committed rape and feels apologetic about it. That's why being a rape apologist is a good thing, if you didn't feel sorry about it you'd be a terrible person.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
you don't live in hawaii. I live there. I should bop you in your yiffing face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
I knew someone who has said the character Rockadoodle made him first realize he was gay.

Last edited by ErikLensherr : 02-10-2013 at 01:35 PM.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #88
Tsar66
untitled
 
Tsar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
^
The great thing is that you and I basically illustrated the point of this thread.

omg
__________________
tumblr.
Last.fm
Tsar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #89
kertets
Banned
 
kertets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: On the toilet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
Well, that's your opinion.

Check and mate, ******



That one went right over your head didn't it.
kertets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #90
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
This thread
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #91
eGraham
Logjammin'
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cutting off your Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by kertets
That one went right over your head didn't it.

No, not really lol.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.




I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #92
frankv
Her?
 
frankv's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I'm actually not. But you seem to be saying I'm usually wrong, when you're the guy who sat there and told us all that Mao and Stalin were great. It's like pol pot calling the kettle black.

FTFY >.>
frankv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #93
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York, NY
My thread is a self-proving hypothesis.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #94
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Because the dialectic is fun.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #95
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Because the dialectic is fun.

oh I agree
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #96
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Banned
 
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sirius
'Arguing' is a good way to expand your own knowledge, providing you can accept when you're wrong. Usually both people will bash their side and all the cracks in the concepts erode away so both benefit.
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #97
eGraham
Logjammin'
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cutting off your Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
'Arguing' is a good way to expand your own knowledge, providing you can accept when you're wrong. Usually both people will bash their side and all the cracks in the concepts erode away so both benefit.

"Arguing" in its literal sense is good, yes. But what often occurs here, I find, is the de facto definition of debating. Even once someone knows they're wrong, they tighten their buckles and trudge on anyway.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.




I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #98
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT
Banned
 
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sirius
I can't argue over the internet I get overexcited and abuse caps lock and crack out melodramatic strings of text
but it's fun


when I argue irl I pose it more obviously as a proposition, NLP makes it a smoother experience.

Last edited by KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT : 02-10-2013 at 04:26 PM.
KiLLSWiTCH-KnoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #99
Dregen
damien wren
 
Dregen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
because it's more fun than one side arguing about nothing


^^^
__________________
i don't need your fucking sympathy

lucky no. 4
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #100
LostLegion
FREE SUAREZ!
 
LostLegion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: at Luis Suarez's jail cell
It's the internet. Arguments always happen.
__________________
LIVERPOOL F.C.


LostLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.