Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
What's a 'normal' christian?

Ones that disregard the Bible
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 AM   #82
Angus_Junior35
UG's Resident Indigo

That reminds me of something that happened in school today. Senior year US Government class. I've been super sick recently and was particularly tired this morning. Some asshole stole my normal seat, so I had to sit behind this downie chick. I fell asleep, head down on my desk during the lecture. Well, not totally asleep. Like I said, I've been sick, so I was aware of my loud breathing, so I tried not to sleep, lest I snore in the middle of a speech. About fifteen minutes before class ends I'm awakened by a thump on my head and "HEY, WAYK AP THTUPUD". Shit was so gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Awesome
Angus_Junior35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #83
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
Wow, that's nice. Somebody that stupid shouldn't be a teacher of any description.
gj murica

Yeah seriously.

This is what happens when you let any old bigot just walk into teacher training.
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #84
zgr0826
UG's Cowardly Bassist

To give you all a sense of the environment that breeds this stupidity, here's where the town is located.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sull...ndiana&t=h&z=10

A bunch of ****ing nowhere. The country is a death zone for tolerance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
I love my gays man, but a child could be buying that whopper. It just makes for a very awkward situation in the mini van when the father is talking to his son.

ayy lmao
zgr0826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #85
BrianFantana
UG's Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
One that doesn't post on the internet

Normally, we don't act like Westboro Baptist Church

Seriously though, they give Christianity a bad name. I have a gay friend, but i don't hate on him. I don't exactly "agree" with it, but who am I to tell someone how to live their life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
Ones that disregard the Bible

1 John 4:19-5:4
We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother. Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.

We aren't supposed to be hating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
That's what the Illuminati wants you to think, man

Last edited by BrianFantana : 02-14-2013 at 03:36 AM.
BrianFantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #86
eGraham
Green and Submarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgr0826
To give you all a sense of the environment that breeds this stupidity, here's where the town is located.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Sull...ndiana&t=h&z=10

A bunch of ****ing nowhere. The country is a death zone for tolerance.

Yea. I mean, I know a lot of Indiana isn't what you'd call "densely populated", but that part of it is definitely the most sparse. I don't even remember that towns exist there until I see a map.

October 23, 2014
eGraham is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #87
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFantana
I don't exactly "agree" with it

Do you agree with black people having black skin?
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #88
BrianFantana
UG's Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict

Do you agree with black people having black skin?

I have my beliefs and you have yours. Leave it at that. No racism intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
That's what the Illuminati wants you to think, man
BrianFantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #89
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
I don't exactly "agree" with it,

'Don't exactly agree' In the sense that you are a naturaly hetrosexual person to whom homosexuality just has no appeal whatsoever, but at the same time you have no problem if others are homosexual... or 'don't exactly agree' in the sense that you consider homosexuality to be a sin for religious reasons?

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:49 AM   #90
Rawshik
Homophobic Racist

Brian, you shouldn't have said anything. Stating your beliefs isn't welcomed 'round these parts.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #91
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawshik
Brian, you shouldn't have said anything. Stating your beliefs isn't welcomed 'round these parts.

You're allowed to be stupid so much as we're allowed to point out your daftness.
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 AM   #92
Weaponized

Quote:
If you're not able to defend your beliefs, then why have them.

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:39 AM   #93
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaponized
If you're not able to defend your beliefs, then why have them.

Quite.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #94
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Christians that act like this make Christians look terrible as a whole. Normal ones don't act like this at all.

That's funny because nearly every Christian I've ever met (and I've met a shitload) act precisely like this. And I don't live in bumfuck nowhere, where people haven't caught up to the times. I live about 1hr out of San Francisco, one of the most progressive cities in the country.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #95
Weaponized

I go to a Christian school, many people are tolerant and loving, many people are fucking dickheads.

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 AM   #96
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:

Beliefs aren't a problem, even beliefs that seem outlandish to rational people, people should be allowed to believe anything they want to. But it's when beliefs become responsible for some sort of discrimination against a particular group of people that there's a problem.

Personaly, I don't care if someone believes that the heavens are filled with all manner of mythical entities that are taking part in an eternaly dancing conga line, just so long as they don't allow their beliefs to influence them into becoming discriminatory towards any particular group of people for having a lifestyle that has absolutely no affect on anyone else.

There's no reason for a Christian to consider homosexuality as a sin. Yes, it's mentioned that it's a sin in the Old Testament, but according to Christianity Jesus was supposed to bring about a 'New Covenant', a new deal or agreement with God that saw the end to weird archaic rules like restrictions on diet and old discriminations against other groups of people with a different lifestyle to their own because Jesus taught people that they should treat EVERYONE as they wish to be treated themselves and not to judge anyone.
Remember, Christianity was the point where a form of Judaism, which was a closed religion at the time that could only be practiced by native Israelites, was made available to the 'gentiles', which basicaly means anyone who isn't a native Israelite. The whole world was welcomed into Christianity but for that to work people had to forget about any hang-ups that they had about practices that were perfectly acceptable in other cultures but considered as taboo in Israelite culture, this is supposedly why Jesus apparently said those things about treating everyone equally and not judging others, even if their culture is quite different to the Israelite culture. He even taught people to love their enemies and to offer their other cheek towards someone who has already struck one cheek.

His lessons seem to point towards a unified world where discrimination caused by cultural differences just doesn't exist.

According to the lessons of Jesus, Christian should consider EVERYONE as an equal, even their enemies, and even if a Christian doesn't say anything about it to anyone else, if they are harbouring personaly discriminatory feelings about a different group of people then they have an obvious problem that really should be addressed.

Slacker's Art Website.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:02 AM   #97
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:

They are, actually. I'm sure many derive amusement from morons trying to justify their bigotry, it's quite a spectacle. Especially when they get all butthurt that their skewed perceptions are called out for exactly what they are.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:10 AM   #98
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
That's funny because nearly every Christian I've ever met (and I've met a shitload) act precisely like this. And I don't live in bumfuck nowhere, where people haven't caught up to the times. I live about 1hr out of San Francisco, one of the most progressive cities in the country.

Try going to a European country. You'll find that Christians in Europe are often more liberal than many of their American counterparts.

Also, consider this. If you live in one of the most progressive cities in America, a place that has a long LGBT-friendly history, what sort of Christians do you think that'll attract?

While I have no problem believing that it'll attract many progressive Christians who have no problem with homosexuality, it's also pretty obvious that it's also gonna attract the more discriminatory kind of Christian who will be much more vocal and noticable than the progressive Christians.

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 02-14-2013 at 05:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #99
Rawshik
Homophobic Racist

I've defended my points one too many times on these forums and every time it hasn't gone anywhere. I'm not going to have a pointless discussion again. Also, I already said that I thought it was ridiculous for them not to allow homosexuals to prom.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 AM   #100
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

Quote:
I've defended my points one too many times on these forums and every time it hasn't gone anywhere. I'm not going to have a pointless discussion again. Also, I already said that I thought it was ridiculous for them not to allow homosexuals to prom.

Perhaps that should indicate to you that your beliefs need revision, not that this community has anything wrong with it.

"Insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, and expecting different results".

Rate This Thread: