Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Marqway

The Cry of loneliness *C4C* (Original)(Christian instrumental rock)

Christian Rock solo (instrumental)

the Vibe of the song is in the title

"The Cry of loneliness"

Last edited by Marqway : 02-13-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Marqway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
crushingmetal

Quote:
hope u like the Vibe of the song is in the title

Yes, I like the Vibe of the song is in the title.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
Emster 23

Interesting. I personally would suggest perhaps leaving more "air" (less playing) around the backing guitar. Silence is as important as the notes played. Seems they somewhat compete with each other. Just my opinion.... it's your tune.
My question came from reading the thread title; How are we to know it is Christian, other than the Jesus pictures? No words equals no "Praise the lord" etc. Other than that, you "nailed' it .... sorry for the jokeish line there.
Emster 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 AM   #4
Emster 23

Oh, if you don't know this one, "The Messiah will come again" by Roy Buchanan, may I suggest giving it a listen. Will humble any guitar player. Not to say you need to be humbled, but this guy was amazing. 100%
Emster 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 AM   #5
Marqway

Bla-bla-bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emster 23
Interesting. I personally would suggest perhaps leaving more "air" (less playing) around the backing guitar. Silence is as important as the notes played. Seems they somewhat compete with each other. Just my opinion.... it's your tune.
My question came from reading the thread title; How are we to know it is Christian, other than the Jesus pictures? No words equals no "Praise the lord" etc. Other than that, you "nailed' it .... sorry for the jokeish line there.

Yea Someone asked the same question on another site , to pretty much sum it up it this song/solo was more of a dedication.... was inspired to play this while reading a book called "No wonder they call him savior" and I guess to answer your question regarding "No words equals no "praise the Lord" music is an expressive instrument , music its self is its own language so in a sense music can speak regardless lyrically or instrumentally... anyway I just dedicated the song to Jesus .... to me that makes it "Christian Rock"

Last edited by Marqway : 02-13-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Marqway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:36 AM   #6
DG_Griffin
Higher Calling

I really like it! Very interesting guitar tone, what kind of gear are you using? Great playing as well, I always like supporting fellow Christian artists, please check out my work. Link below, keep up the good work man.
Vox AC15C1

My Music:
http://soundcloud.com/daniel-griffin-2
http://soundcloud.com/highercallingband

YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/thedggfilms
DG_Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
voodoojames

I like it. The opening riff sounds very different! I would suggest putting the percussion higher in the mix, it's a bit quiet. Really like the playing and tone!
MXR Classic 180 Fuzz
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Shinysides
I'm an obsessive compulsive knob turner.
voodoojames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #8
Marqway

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG_Griffin
I really like it! Very interesting guitar tone, what kind of gear are you using? Great playing as well, I always like supporting fellow Christian artists, please check out my work. Link below, keep up the good work man.

Hey Griffin thanks for the compliment ... Im playing through a BossME-25 foot pedal (multieffects) alot of the tone came from that and my Ibanez Rg321mh with (Air norton+Steve's special pickups)

but regarding the specific gear I used to get that sound was I added abit of phaser, on the tone cant remember if the phaser tempo was sped up or slowed town to get that tone I forgot but if you have a phaser , play around with it until u get the tone u like

= )
Old 02-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #9
Sean Ashe

wow man sounds awesome! i think the mix could be improved a bit but hey that's just taste

C4C: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1588282
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: