Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Ometh
nobody

Hardcore/D-beat/Grind/something (GP5, GP4, MIDI) C4C

I was checking some of my unfinished stuff and stumbled across the first riff, so I decided to write something a bit different from what I actually write. It isn't that different , but it was a fun little experiment nevertheless. Influenced by Wolfpack/Wolfbrigade, Converge and grindy grind. C4C is applied here, hope you enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 hardcorefill.gp5 (62.3 KB, 264 views)
File Type: gp4 hardcorefill.gp4 (42.2 KB, 58 views)
File Type: mid hardcorefill.mid (59.1 KB, 50 views)
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Dregen
andy, you're a star

really cool. sounds kinda lame on guitar pro, but i know if this was recorded it would sound a shitload better. i tried to imagine it that way as i was listening and it improved the experience a lot lol.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregen
really cool. sounds kinda lame on guitar pro, but i know if this was recorded it would sound a shitload better. i tried to imagine it that way as i was listening and it improved the experience a lot lol.

I wish you had gone a bit more in depth but thanks anyway. Do you have anything for me to crit?
Old 02-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
Dregen
andy, you're a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
I wish you had gone a bit more in depth but thanks anyway. Do you have anything for me to crit?

okay, i'll try and give you a better one, but i don't have really have too many quips with this... so it won't really be advice as much as a pat on the back.

drums for the intro were pretty sweet, like the toms and the grace notes. the riffs over it are good too, kind of expected some power chord stacking to kind of give it a bit more depth and fullness in range. but like i said, gp5 midi vs. real recording, not the same thing. it would probably sound a lot heavier the way it's written.

riff at 18 is really good, really punky sounding. i would personally palm mute the triplets at the end of each bar though. the bends and variations near the end are nice, sounds like what Converge does on their newer stuff.

riff at 28... blast beats sound really great. once again, i would palm mute the chords, but do what you do. also, breaking the riff up with the bends was nice. i think blast beats kind of lose their effect if they keep going too long. but breaking it up let the riff keep it's intensity.

riff at 18 is brought back now. different variations this time which i liked, and the 1 bar 'solo' was a nice touch. keeping the speed but not wanky.

the next riff is a repeat so i'll skip to 70. i don't know if this was your intention, but the song seemed to get progressively more and more melodic. i think it was a good way to lead up to the ending which was nice and epic. fade out was a good touch too.

all in all, i think you took pretty simple approach with not all that many riffs. but that's not a bad thing. you always had some kind of unique change or variation each time you brought a riff back which kept everything interesting. i personally think it makes the song flow much better than if you would've just copy-pasta'd each riff where they repeat.

if you could crit this, i would appreciate it. if you have GP6 please listen to it with that, but if you don't it's okay: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1587591

Last edited by Dregen : 02-14-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Ometh
nobody

Omg, I never though you'd recrit my song just because I asked Thanks man, I shall crit your song right now.

Rate This Thread: