Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #21
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
 
MadClownDisease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Your reply to his first message wasn't really that great (there wasn't much wrong with it, it just wasn't really that good, sorry), but WOW that was an overreaction from him...

I don't understand why people think they can broadcast opinions like that and then get surprised or even angry when someone challenges it.
__________________
Last.fm
Flickr
MadClownDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:54 AM   #22
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
my response wasnt that great? eh, its just how i felt about the first 3/4s of his post. but instead of commenting back he did that?
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #23
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
Your reply to his first message wasn't really that great (there wasn't much wrong with it, it just wasn't really that good, sorry), but WOW that was an overreaction from him...

I don't understand why people think they can broadcast opinions like that and then get surprised or even angry when someone challenges it.


Agreed.

If people don't want their opinions to be challenged, they obviously shouldn't broadcast them in public.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #24
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Who cares, just move on with your life and let him move on with his
One thing I really hate about most atheist metalheads its their newfound "status" of "awesomness" that they thinkbgives them the right to badmouth religion in every way: guess what dipshit just because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you're better than anyone. Let everyone vmbelieve in their own gods or in none akd chill the **** out. It's not like you're going to change their opinions so what. And they usually complain about jehovah witnesses, which is hypocritical at best (sp) Im guessing you dont think of yourself as a metalhead syickyjizzypepper, but I just felt like ranying /rant
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #25
ali.guitarkid7
Lonely Pup
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 AM   #26
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Who cares, just move on with your life and let him move on with his
One thing I really hate about most atheist metalheads its their newfound "status" of "awesomness" that they thinkbgives them the right to badmouth religion in every way: guess what dipshit just because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you're better than anyone. Let everyone vmbelieve in their own gods or in none akd chill the **** out. It's not like you're going to change their opinions so what. And they usually complain about jehovah witnesses, which is hypocritical at best (sp) Im guessing you dont think of yourself as a metalhead syickyjizzypepper, but I just felt like ranying /rant



Gotta love the hypocritical way that you just started that post by saying that people shouldn't argue about religion and should just 'move on'.... then start calling him names for being an atheist.... then have a go at people who you consider to be 'hypocritical'.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 02-14-2013 at 08:08 AM.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 AM   #27
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Who cares, just move on with your life and let him move on with his
One thing I really hate about most atheist metalheads its their newfound "status" of "awesomness" that they thinkbgives them the right to badmouth religion in every way: guess what dipshit just because you don't believe in god doesn't mean you're better than anyone. Let everyone vmbelieve in their own gods or in none akd chill the **** out. It's not like you're going to change their opinions so what. And they usually complain about jehovah witnesses, which is hypocritical at best (sp) Im guessing you dont think of yourself as a metalhead syickyjizzypepper, but I just felt like ranying /rant

Why did you have to use an assumption and generalization to form an argument against me? I am not trying to look smart or awesomer than anyone I gave my opinion on someone else's opinion. argue my opinion not who you thi k I am
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #28
Thrashtastic15
Golden
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada.
think you need to chill out, try smoking more mate.
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #29
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
I might have come off cocky saying some ballsy things but that's how you ignite a discussion. And I like discussions. i like trying to vibrate at the same frequency some else is with our shared ideas. Bit tjat wasn't the case at all lol
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #30
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath

Gotta love the hypocritical way that you just started that post by saying that people shouldn't argue about religion and should just 'move on'.... then start calling him names for being an atheist.

I'm an atheist so I guess I'm including myself on that group, and that sounds about right since I used to do the same thing.
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #31
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
think you need to chill out, try smoking more mate.

You are a smart man. I shall smoke more of the ganja from the forbidden chalice!
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
Why did you have to use an assumption and generalization to form an argument against me? I am not trying to look smart or awesomer than anyone I gave my opinion on someone else's opinion. argue my opinion not who you thi k I am

I wasnt trying to form an argument against you, im just saying to live and let live. I used the example about metalheads because i just felt like venting atm, and i didn't include you in them. I thought i had madebthat clear with the whole youre not a metalhead thibg but I guess I didn't woops. And it feels awesome to type withouth no regard for pontuation or spelling, i feel so freeeeee i might fly todayyy
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #33
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Foodland
Okay TS...... good job starting yet another worthless discussion about religion.

seriously, there has been war about the subject, and there is never any conclusion about who is right simply because NOBODY KNOWS. accept the crap out of that and move on, let people who share religious crap like that life there lives and keep learning waves of babies.




also there is no god.
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:21 AM   #34
mrmojorisin420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
guys a pussy, beat his ass for me
mrmojorisin420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #35
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
^ see? Thats what i meant. He said whst i wanted to say woithouth my bad generalization that misled everyone
meh wtv felt good to show my inner dumbass on the internet that feels good
Edit: not this post, the one above it
Unless you beat him off into your mouth, that sounds about right. If u do that record it and send the video of it, im interest in how it'll work out, and just that. Ok imma jack off to it

Last edited by Ometh : 02-14-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #36
yoman297
happy birthday jesus
 
yoman297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: THE ISLAND
both evolution and creationism are quite far-fetched imo

EDIT: Overall, religion to me is just a set of morals and values that people follow that are represented by a deity. Once they follow these values for their whole life, they get rewarded.

It's stupid.
__________________

My rig:
Fender Ritchie Blackmore Sig Strat
Heavily Modified Squier Strat
Fender Mark Hoppus Sig P-Bass
Ampeg BA112
Boss SD-1
Boss MT-2
Big Muff Pi for Bass
Vox Wah

Last edited by yoman297 : 02-14-2013 at 08:26 AM.
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #37
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
I used the example about metalheads because i just felt like venting atm, and i didn't include you in them. I thought i had madebthat clear with the whole youre not a metalhead thibg but I guess I didn't woops.

But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BjarnedeGraaf
seriously, there has been war about the subject, and there is never any conclusion about who is right simply because NOBODY KNOWS.


I disagree, not on the point that 'nobody knows', that would be a given, but if that's true then surely that is the conclusion. And if that is the conclusion then we can conclude that agnosticism is correct.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.

Last edited by SlackerBabbath : 02-14-2013 at 08:27 AM.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 AM   #38
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
youre saying animals and humans would never learn to adapt and grow and improve upon their lives gradually for millions of years?

i wana know why sea life decided to set foot outside on land and how population grew. did a fish climb up and in his excitement dive back in screaming hey guys its awesome up there! then we grew and birds happened and now animals are running back into the sea when theyre born.
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #39
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?.

Yes, that's just how I work: If I insult you I wanna be at peace with you. Asshole.
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #40
Powersurge213
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
His reply is out of line, complete overreaction.
But why did you feel the need to reply? The guys allowed his opinion and his beliefs, and the internet is not the place for that kind of debate as it always turns into an argument with people just slinging shit at each other...
Powersurge213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.