Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #41
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoman297
both evolution and creationism are quite far-fetched imo


Do you have an alternative theory to evolution that has anywhere near as much scientififc evidence to back it up? Evolution is pretty much considered as proven nowadays because there's just so much evidence to support it, for example, using DNA studies, not only can we tell if two species are related or not, we can also tell just how closely or distantly they are related, and if two species are related, then they must share a common ancestor, which is pretty much evolution in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Yes, that's just how I work: If I insult you I wanna be at peace with you. Asshole.


Hmmm, well, normaly I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, but you're coming accross as so empty headed that I'm sure that if I stood close enough to you I could hear the ocean
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #42
ErnestoFidel
Registered User
 
ErnestoFidel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Once you see someone spell god in capital letters, you can absolutely forget about ever having a serious discussion with them.
__________________
This is not a signature
ErnestoFidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #43
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersurge213
But why did you feel the need to reply?

Probably for the same reasons that you felt the need to reply in this thread.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #44
anvil is god
can't do enough
 
anvil is god's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: heroin party
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
Any chance of you explaining your opinion about the TS?

The lying part is obvious.
He is a twat because he went out of his way to attack a mans personal beliefs. He could have just ignored it
__________________
Dry heaving is the new black

last.fm
anvil is god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #45
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil is god
The lying part is obvious.
He is a twat because he went out of his way to attack a mans personal beliefs. He could have just ignored it


Wouldn't have been much of a debate though would it?

C'mon, that's like saying that people shouldn't score goals in a soccer match because it might upset the opposing team.
__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #46
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
Hmmm, well, normaly I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, but you're coming accross as so empty headed that I'm sure that if I stood close enough to you I could hear the ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
Hmmm, well, normaly I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, but you're coming accross as so empty headed that I'm sure that if I stood close enough to you I could hear the ocean

God darnet man, you've made your point, stop insulting my dumb
I seriously enjoy your stories and arguments, and you are a very intelligent man. I've never even talked with you before, so I don't want you to get mad at me or smth. I know The Pit is a place for arguments but I didn't mean to argue with anyone. The dipshit bit wasn't meant to cause such a stirr, but I guess I should've known. Next time I'll post a blog or something so I don't get obliterated in a fight I never wanted to be in the first place I'm seriously sorry, I just ****ing suck at everything.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #47
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
 
SlackerBabbath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Burnley, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
God darnet man, you've made your point, stop insulting my dumb
I seriously enjoy your stories and arguments, and you are a very intelligent man. I've never even talked with you before, so I don't want you to get mad at me or smth. I know The Pit is a place for arguments but I didn't mean to argue with anyone. The dipshit bit wasn't meant to cause such a stirr, but I guess I should've known. Next time I'll post a blog or something so I don't get obliterated in a fight I never wanted to be in the first place I'm seriously sorry, I just ****ing suck at everything.


__________________
“Our life is what our thoughts make it.”
― Marcus Aurelius

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #48
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
Wouldn't have been much of a debate though would it?

C'mon, that's like saying that people shouldn't score goals in a soccer match because it might upset the opposing team.

Debating when one's opinion has no impact on your own and it can reasonably be assumed that the person has very little knowledge that would be of use to you or could potentially influence you is pretty much a waste of time and conflict for the sake of conflict. Pointless. Just trying to mold a person's beliefs to align more with your own for the sake of it, have some respect & allow them to hold a contrary opinion. Posting a whole thread on it here just shows the selfish intent behind the action.
__________________
Huberdeau Barkov Ekblad
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #49
anvil is god
can't do enough
 
anvil is god's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: heroin party
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
Debating when one's opinion has no impact on your own and it can reasonably be assumed that the person has very little knowledge that would be of use to you or could potentially influence you is pretty much a waste of time and conflict for the sake of conflict. Pointless. Just trying to mold a person's beliefs to align more with your own for the sake of it, have some respect & allow them to hold a contrary opinion. Posting a whole thread on it here just shows the selfish intent behind the action.

This. You summed it up in a better way than I could manage.
__________________
Dry heaving is the new black

last.fm
anvil is god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #50
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil is god
This. You summed it up in a better way than I could manage.

oh great, im on the brony side? damn it
__________________
Huberdeau Barkov Ekblad
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #51
Crofty89
I came here to rock
 
Crofty89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Behind you!
There was no way in hell Einstein said any of that. He was born to a Jewish family, considered the idea of a human-like God to be absurd and naive, and was intelligent enough to know of the evidence behind evolution, that absolute zero is -273 Celsius (No scientist ever uses Fahrenheit), and to not try to make the ridiculous connection between subjective experience of cold or darkness and God. He explained his beliefs as "God is a mystery. But a comprehensible mystery. I have nothing but awe when I observe the laws of nature. There are not laws without a lawgiver, but how does this lawgiver look? Certainly not like a man magnified."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV334
Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Crofty89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #52
jrcsgtpeppers
Registered User
 
jrcsgtpeppers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: strawberry fields
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
Debating when one's opinion has no impact on your own and it can reasonably be assumed that the person has very little knowledge that would be of use to you or could potentially influence you is pretty much a waste of time and conflict for the sake of conflict. Pointless. Just trying to mold a person's beliefs to align more with your own for the sake of it, have some respect & allow them to hold a contrary opinion. Posting a whole thread on it here just shows the selfish intent behind the action.

this shit happens all the time. hes thtrstening me because of it, obviously hes impacting me.
__________________
Progressive Electronic Jazz Metal
Totally Tubular
jrcsgtpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #53
anvil is god
can't do enough
 
anvil is god's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: heroin party
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
oh great, im on the brony side? damn it

See previous post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
Debating when one's opinion has no impact on your own and it can reasonably be assumed that the person has very little knowledge that would be of use to you or could potentially influence you is pretty much a waste of time and conflict for the sake of conflict. Pointless. Just trying to mold a person's beliefs to align more with your own for the sake of it, have some respect & allow them to hold a contrary opinion. Posting a whole thread on it here just shows the selfish intent behind the action.
__________________
Dry heaving is the new black

last.fm
anvil is god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #54
DardySon
Registered User
 
DardySon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Perth, Australia/Formally Europe somewhere
I've had a similar thing happen to me TS I was trolling some guys about religion and I got bored so I stopped for a while. Then I saw that one of them had commented on the post thing in that ticker thing on fb and they said "have you heard the story of the adulterous woman?" and I just thought to myself I can't miss this oppertunity. So I went to the link we were arguing over and said "speaking of adultery am I the only one who's noticed that it's a sin but Mary effectivley cheats on Joseph with God? Then they all go it was the immaculate conception so they never had sex then I say so what did God splooge on the floor then Mary got it on her hand and fingered herself to get pregnant? They then proceeded to send me death threats.
DardySon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #55
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil is god
This. You summed it up in a better way than I could manage.

Agreed, this is what I meant to say all along. And now I shall leave this thread.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #56
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat
 
BjarnedeGraaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Foodland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?



I disagree, not on the point that 'nobody knows', that would be a given, but if that's true then surely that is the conclusion. And if that is the conclusion then we can conclude that agnosticism is correct.


Yeah but I don't think agnosticism is a religion all together. it just means you accept you don't know whats out there, which I don't know either.
So I guess im an agnostic person, but they just call it that way, because people had to name it SOMETHING. That to me, doens't make it a religion. I don't practice it, I just live my life and people call me an agnostic person because that's the box you are placed in when you say: "god? I don't know and i dont give a f*ck". Either that or they confuse it with being an atheist.
__________________
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #57
whywefight
pray I pray I pray
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
TS is a prick, his friends an idiot. Are we done here?
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #58
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk
 
severed-metal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
he wants to kick my ass


But really, isn't that what Jesus would have wanted?
__________________
Planet Earth about to be recycled
Song of my soul, my voice is dead;
Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.


Your only chance to evacuate, is to leave with us
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #59
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?



I disagree, not on the point that 'nobody knows', that would be a given, but if that's true then surely that is the conclusion. And if that is the conclusion then we can conclude that agnosticism is correct.


No, you can conclude that agnosticism is the most rational response, but not that it's 'correct'.
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #60
Weaponized
UG Member
 
Weaponized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Wow, this guy gets choked out by shadow demons and you have the nerve to start stuff with him. He's been through enough man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Is the officer going to ask for the butt, so he or she can check whether it is hot?


last.fm

Last edited by Weaponized : 02-14-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Weaponized is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.