Password
Search:

Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #41
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoman297
both evolution and creationism are quite far-fetched imo

Do you have an alternative theory to evolution that has anywhere near as much scientififc evidence to back it up? Evolution is pretty much considered as proven nowadays because there's just so much evidence to support it, for example, using DNA studies, not only can we tell if two species are related or not, we can also tell just how closely or distantly they are related, and if two species are related, then they must share a common ancestor, which is pretty much evolution in a nutshell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Yes, that's just how I work: If I insult you I wanna be at peace with you. Asshole.

Hmmm, well, normaly I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, but you're coming accross as so empty headed that I'm sure that if I stood close enough to you I could hear the ocean

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #42
ErnestoFidel

Once you see someone spell god in capital letters, you can absolutely forget about ever having a serious discussion with them.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #43
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersurge213
But why did you feel the need to reply?

Probably for the same reasons that you felt the need to reply in this thread.

Slacker's Art Website.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #44
anvil is god
can't do enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
Any chance of you explaining your opinion about the TS?

The lying part is obvious.
He is a twat because he went out of his way to attack a mans personal beliefs. He could have just ignored it

last.fm
anvil is god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #45
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil is god
The lying part is obvious.
He is a twat because he went out of his way to attack a mans personal beliefs. He could have just ignored it

Wouldn't have been much of a debate though would it?

C'mon, that's like saying that people shouldn't score goals in a soccer match because it might upset the opposing team.

Slacker's Art Website.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #46
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Hmmm, well, normaly I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, but you're coming accross as so empty headed that I'm sure that if I stood close enough to you I could hear the ocean

Quote:

God darnet man, you've made your point, stop insulting my dumb
I seriously enjoy your stories and arguments, and you are a very intelligent man. I've never even talked with you before, so I don't want you to get mad at me or smth. I know The Pit is a place for arguments but I didn't mean to argue with anyone. The dipshit bit wasn't meant to cause such a stirr, but I guess I should've known. Next time I'll post a blog or something so I don't get obliterated in a fight I never wanted to be in the first place I'm seriously sorry, I just ****ing suck at everything.
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #47
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
God darnet man, you've made your point, stop insulting my dumb
I seriously enjoy your stories and arguments, and you are a very intelligent man. I've never even talked with you before, so I don't want you to get mad at me or smth. I know The Pit is a place for arguments but I didn't mean to argue with anyone. The dipshit bit wasn't meant to cause such a stirr, but I guess I should've known. Next time I'll post a blog or something so I don't get obliterated in a fight I never wanted to be in the first place I'm seriously sorry, I just ****ing suck at everything.

Slacker's Art Website.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #48
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:
Wouldn't have been much of a debate though would it?

C'mon, that's like saying that people shouldn't score goals in a soccer match because it might upset the opposing team.

Debating when one's opinion has no impact on your own and it can reasonably be assumed that the person has very little knowledge that would be of use to you or could potentially influence you is pretty much a waste of time and conflict for the sake of conflict. Pointless. Just trying to mold a person's beliefs to align more with your own for the sake of it, have some respect & allow them to hold a contrary opinion. Posting a whole thread on it here just shows the selfish intent behind the action.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #49
anvil is god
can't do enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
Debating when one's opinion has no impact on your own and it can reasonably be assumed that the person has very little knowledge that would be of use to you or could potentially influence you is pretty much a waste of time and conflict for the sake of conflict. Pointless. Just trying to mold a person's beliefs to align more with your own for the sake of it, have some respect & allow them to hold a contrary opinion. Posting a whole thread on it here just shows the selfish intent behind the action.

This. You summed it up in a better way than I could manage.

last.fm
Old 02-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #50
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder

Quote:

oh great, im on the brony side? damn it
Old 02-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #51
Crofty89
I came here to rock

There was no way in hell Einstein said any of that. He was born to a Jewish family, considered the idea of a human-like God to be absurd and naive, and was intelligent enough to know of the evidence behind evolution, that absolute zero is -273 Celsius (No scientist ever uses Fahrenheit), and to not try to make the ridiculous connection between subjective experience of cold or darkness and God. He explained his beliefs as "God is a mystery. But a comprehensible mystery. I have nothing but awe when I observe the laws of nature. There are not laws without a lawgiver, but how does this lawgiver look? Certainly not like a man magnified."

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Crofty89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #52
jrcsgtpeppers

Quote:

this shit happens all the time. hes thtrstening me because of it, obviously hes impacting me.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #53
anvil is god
can't do enough

Quote:
oh great, im on the brony side? damn it

See previous post:
Quote:

last.fm
Old 02-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #54
DardySon

I've had a similar thing happen to me TS I was trolling some guys about religion and I got bored so I stopped for a while. Then I saw that one of them had commented on the post thing in that ticker thing on fb and they said "have you heard the story of the adulterous woman?" and I just thought to myself I can't miss this oppertunity. So I went to the link we were arguing over and said "speaking of adultery am I the only one who's noticed that it's a sin but Mary effectivley cheats on Joseph with God? Then they all go it was the immaculate conception so they never had sex then I say so what did God splooge on the floor then Mary got it on her hand and fingered herself to get pregnant? They then proceeded to send me death threats.
DardySon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #55
Ometh
nobody

Quote:

Agreed, this is what I meant to say all along. And now I shall leave this thread.
Ometh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #56
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat

Quote:
But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?

I disagree, not on the point that 'nobody knows', that would be a given, but if that's true then surely that is the conclusion. And if that is the conclusion then we can conclude that agnosticism is correct.

Yeah but I don't think agnosticism is a religion all together. it just means you accept you don't know whats out there, which I don't know either.
So I guess im an agnostic person, but they just call it that way, because people had to name it SOMETHING. That to me, doens't make it a religion. I don't practice it, I just live my life and people call me an agnostic person because that's the box you are placed in when you say: "god? I don't know and i dont give a f*ck". Either that or they confuse it with being an atheist.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:20 AM   #57
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

TS is a prick, his friends an idiot. Are we done here?
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM   #58
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fukk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
he wants to kick my ass

But really, isn't that what Jesus would have wanted?
Shall dry and die in
Lost Carcosa.

Your only chance to evacuate, is to leave with us
severed-metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #59
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
But you did call him a 'dipshit' though, is that how you 'live and let live'?

I disagree, not on the point that 'nobody knows', that would be a given, but if that's true then surely that is the conclusion. And if that is the conclusion then we can conclude that agnosticism is correct.

No, you can conclude that agnosticism is the most rational response, but not that it's 'correct'.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:18 PM   #60
Weaponized
UG Member

Wow, this guy gets choked out by shadow demons and you have the nerve to start stuff with him. He's been through enough man.

last.fm

Last edited by Weaponized : 02-14-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Weaponized is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: