Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #61
Shawn1379
Frequency 141.80
 
Shawn1379's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_1
"Never poke a man's house of cards, it may fall down on both of you."

-Mystical_1

"They're just cards though, so luckily everyone's okay."
-Shawn1379
Shawn1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 PM   #62
BeefWellington
UG's Tastiest Dish
 
BeefWellington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, UK
Arguing about religion is like smoking.


You all need to fucking quit it.
__________________
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.


Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
BeefWellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #63
Godsmack_IV
UG's only somethinorather
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
So God, like natural selection, is just a theory? And one not supported by the scientific method at that? My whole world is crumbling. And deductive logic is only faith, the humanity!
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #64
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvil is god
See previous post:

considering i know your own thoughts better than you do apparently, you should just trust me weirdo
__________________
████ Barkov Huberdeau Ekblad ████

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
9 - 8 - 2
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #65
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
You know what I do when I see stuff like this on Facebook? Ignore it and move on.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #66
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
And Animals as leaders suck

I will cut you, Ometh!

OT:
TS, even though that conversation never happened, it illustrates a valid point. The point is, science can never disprove or prove God. Of course, neither can faith, but scientists who condemn faith are being, frankly, unscientific. They're letting their opinions on the matter of God cause them to make a judgment that cannot be proven or disproven.

Edit:
All of that said, the guy still had no business responding like that.

Also, if you looked closely at the fake conversation, it wasn't condemning evolution. It was merely saying that many scientists take evolution on faith. Frankly, evolution is just as valid as any other idea of "how humans came to be", including the Bible's idea. Whether people like that or not is their problem.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 02-14-2013 at 01:46 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #67
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powersurge213
His reply is out of line, complete overreaction.
But why did you feel the need to reply? The guys allowed his opinion and his beliefs, and the internet is not the place for that kind of debate as it always turns into an argument with people just slinging shit at each other...



Nobody should ever say anything. Somebody might disagree!
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #68
soundgarden1986
sairento hiru
 
soundgarden1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: midwich
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
You know what I do when I see stuff like this on Facebook? Ignore it and move on.


^^
soundgarden1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM   #69
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
 
Wolfinator-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Everywhere. Pantheism, lol
I read the title as "Facebook Dharma".

Please read terms and conditions Vedas.
__________________
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #70
eGraham
¬cool
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn1379
"They're just cards though, so luckily everyone's okay."
-Shawn1379

"But what happens if I get paper cut, or of the corner of one hits me in the eye?"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #71
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I will cut you, Ometh!

OT:
TS, even though that conversation never happened, it illustrates a valid point. The point is, science can never disprove or prove God. Of course, neither can faith, but scientists who condemn faith are being, frankly, unscientific. They're letting their opinions on the matter of God cause them to make a judgment that cannot be proven or disproven.

Edit:
All of that said, the guy still had no business responding like that.

Also, if you looked closely at the fake conversation, it wasn't condemning evolution. It was merely saying that many scientists take evolution on faith. Frankly, evolution is just as valid as any other idea of "how humans came to be", including the Bible's idea. Whether people like that or not is their problem.

The fun thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:12 PM   #72
Thrashtastic15
panthers season tickets
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
The fun thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

But it's just theories man. The bible is full of theories too. Get off your high horse dude, praise jesus.
__________________
████ Barkov Huberdeau Ekblad ████

Florida Panthers 2014-2015
9 - 8 - 2
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #73
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtastic15
But it's just theories man. The bible is full of theories too. Get off your high horse dude, praise jesus.

__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #74
Shawn1379
Frequency 141.80
 
Shawn1379's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
"But what happens if I get paper cut, or of the corner of one hits me in the eye?"


"I now see the error of my ways."
- Everyone except me because I refuse your rebuttal, good sir.
Shawn1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #75
morallygray
Got them nerves of steel
 
morallygray's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: St. Louis
First of all, I am a Christian, and this dude is ****ing crazy, or he's trolling.

There is so much wrong with this story, in the kid's argument and the teacher's.

Your argument was weak.

Evolution has neither been proven or unproven, there is no hard evidence either way. Its just an educated guess. Obviously species can adapt to their environment, there is plenty of evidence showing that. Just look at dog breeding for example. However there is no proof that organisms can evolve outside of their genus. You can't breed a dog to become a cat, or a monkey to become a human. Yeah of course I believe in the possibility of evolution, but many people disregard the fact that it is just a theory.

Everyone is entitled to have their own beliefs.
morallygray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #76
yoman297
how quik do i get ban
 
yoman297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: THE ISLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerBabbath
Do you have an alternative theory to evolution that has anywhere near as much scientififc evidence to back it up? Evolution is pretty much considered as proven nowadays because there's just so much evidence to support it, for example, using DNA studies, not only can we tell if two species are related or not, we can also tell just how closely or distantly they are related, and if two species are related, then they must share a common ancestor, which is pretty much evolution in a nutshell.

I can tell you that after Evolution is much more plausible than creationism.
__________________
My Music
Fender Ritchie Blackmore Strat
Fender Mark Hoppus P-Bass
and a bunch of other things
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #77
Eastwinn
entscheidungsproblem
 
Eastwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Getafe, Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by morallygray
Evolution has neither been proven or unproven, there is no hard evidence either way. Its just an educated guess. Obviously species can adapt to their environment, there is plenty of evidence showing that. Just look at dog breeding for example. However there is no proof that organisms can evolve outside of their genus. You can't breed a dog to become a cat, or a monkey to become a human. Yeah of course I believe in the possibility of evolution, but many people disregard the fact that it is just a theory.


man you're gonna get it now. they're gonna feel so smart after they tear you apart.
Eastwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #78
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
man you're gonna get it now. they're gonna feel so smart after they tear you apart.

Not even worth my time
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:05 PM   #79
T00DEEPBLUE
Freaky Alien Genotype
 
T00DEEPBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by morallygray
First of all, I am a Christian, and this dude is ****ing crazy, or he's trolling.

There is so much wrong with this story, in the kid's argument and the teacher's.

Your argument was weak.

Evolution has neither been proven or unproven, there is no hard evidence either way. Its just an educated guess. Obviously species can adapt to their environment, there is plenty of evidence showing that. Just look at dog breeding for example. However there is no proof that organisms can evolve outside of their genus. You can't breed a dog to become a cat, or a monkey to become a human. Yeah of course I believe in the possibility of evolution, but many people disregard the fact that it is just a theory.

Everyone is entitled to have their own beliefs.

I feel sorry for you, man. The pit is going to DESTROY you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Bonta
If you want to follow your gut, you must first acquire a gut.
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM   #80
Weaponized
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by morallygray
Evolution has neither been proven or unproven, there is no hard evidence either way. Its just an educated guess. Obviously species can adapt to their environment, there is plenty of evidence showing that. Just look at dog breeding for example. However there is no proof that organisms can evolve outside of their genus. You can't breed a dog to become a cat, or a monkey to become a human. Yeah of course I believe in the possibility of evolution, but many people disregard the fact that it is just a theory.

Everyone is entitled to have their own beliefs.
Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that.
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.