Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
CurtRHCP

RHCP - Under The Bridge cover (with Backing Track)

This afternoon I did a cover of Under The Bridge (by the Red Hot Chili Peppers) :
Under The Bridge (Click Here)

I used the BSSM mastertrack, that's why I have drum & bass on this song.

By the way I had some difficulties to sing over my amp and hi-fi, because I don't have a microphone... So my voice is sometimes a lil bit weird...
It's easier to sing with the acoustic ah ah
CurtRHCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
Adam808
I Wanna Be Sedated

Not bad. Decent cover. I like the Strat, its got a nice retro look to it.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #3
CurtRHCP

Thanks!

Yeah I like the sound, I'd rather a US Strat, it's a Mexican Strat, but sounds good to me, and it's the first I bought ^^

My goal is, if everything is okay, have a home studio, I don't really know what I need but I think I'm not wrong if I say :
- 3 micros (for the electric, acoustic and voice)
- one mix table
- a new amp (I got a behringer... 15W, I think Orange/Marshall is the kind of amp I'm looking for, and also an Amp with 50W (If I play live it's better, it's what I heard, 50W is the minimum required)
- A preamp for my voice...

Than just record what I want ah ah... But it's not free ^^ So I need more money

I have my own compositions too, 2 finished (guitars and lyrics), and a dozen with only the guitar (some are finished and I just need to write lyrics)...
I play for 2 years... Guitar is my drug ah ah
My own songs is a kind of the starting of the Chili Peppers, What is this (the band with Alain Johanness and Hillel Slovak), well bands like this...
Actually I want to find a drummer and a bassist ^^
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

Not to be harsh, but honest: you need to work on it more. Timing is all off everywhere, which is a big, big thing if you're going to record videos. It was out of time pretty much the whole song. I also think whatever tabs you were using were incorrect, lots of important missing licks. But you're on the right track, you just gotta practice it more and really focus on staying in the pocket of the song.
Bitches be Crazy.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Acϵ♠ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #5
CurtRHCP

I don't know... I hear many baddest cover of Under The Bridge, on youtube or in real life...

A cover doesn't mean copy, it's not because it's not 100% accurate, if it sounds good, it's okay... The chords I used, for me, are correct...

For example : CCR - Proud Mary... Tina Turner it's a rocket, very speed version... Elvis another version...
Another one : Subterranean Homesick Blues, nobody can compare the original version, of Bob Dylan, with the Chili's version. (Nothing, except the lyrics, is the same)

I think it's not too bad with the tempo, I start on the right time with the drum and the bass...
Old 02-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

No but it was out of time completely. It's not a matter of musical interpretation--you were behind the beat almost the whole way through, and off time playing doesn't sound good. It's not the worst cover, so i dont know what you're saying. Surely, it could be much much worse. But with a song like this you gotta make sure you're playing right in the pocket and you were really not at any point.
Bitches be Crazy.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #7
CurtRHCP

I don't know... I did 2 differents backing track... One with Flea/Chad and just me, another one with Kiedis... Just to practice...

The guitar follows the bass... And I follow the bass, I'm not out of time oO By the way when the drums play I'm on time oO
Old 02-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #8
Acϵ♠
UG Board King

You think youre following the bass. You're not in time, no matter how much you think you are. But if you wanna be a know it all perfect guitar player who wont take constructive criticism, by all means go ahead. Im not gonna waste any more time trying to help you.
Bitches be Crazy.

Rate This Thread: