Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #1
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
VIDEO: 'February Rock Jam' - Sean Ashe ft. Lyle Watt - C4C

Hey everyone, its been awhile since I've posted but I've been very busy. Thought I'd share my most recent video, just a jam over a backing track that I made in the Rock Style.

Let me know what you think Click Here!

C4C as always


Also if you want the backing track, head over to soundcloud.com/seanashe and get it for FREE! I just ask if you use it to credit me. Thanks!

Looking forward to your comments and criticisms
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
aaron aardvark
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Sean Ashe,
Nice guitar playing & song! Audio quality is good, especially for a youtube video. Drums are good. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1586943
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron aardvark
Sean Ashe,
Nice guitar playing & song! Audio quality is good, especially for a youtube video. Drums are good. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1586943


Thanks man, yea those are the Steven Slate 4.0 CLA Expansion drums love the sound of em. Will check it out of course
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #4
jdenmo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
the lead was very well done. i also liked the riff at the beginning. extra points for the fender t-shirt and rhythmic soloing throughout the vid. the delay at 0:51 was pretty sick too

c4c my song? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1588042
jdenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #5
Metal Turtle
Registered User
 
Metal Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Sean,

Now thats what i call playing guitar! You got down man! I loved the whole thing! It really grooved and you seemed feeling the music while playing, nice fendar shirt too! Your solo was insane, i could tell you can probobly do crazy sweeps and stuff like that! Keep making music!
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #6
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Turtle
Sean,

Now thats what i call playing guitar! You got down man! I loved the whole thing! It really grooved and you seemed feeling the music while playing, nice fendar shirt too! Your solo was insane, i could tell you can probobly do crazy sweeps and stuff like that! Keep making music!


Thanks man! And yea I can sweep and do alot of technical things but I just make sure I play what's best (or what i think is best, not always 100% right though haha) for the song. Technique is just a tool of expression Thanks for the kind words!!!
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #7
JDawg00100
^ thats me
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The seventh layer of hell, next door to Martha Stewart
Incredible as always man. Quality, playing, all ridiculously good. Lyle was also great too, good stuff. Couldn't find anything wrong with this one, nice job!

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1587888
JDawg00100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg00100
Incredible as always man. Quality, playing, all ridiculously good. Lyle was also great too, good stuff. Couldn't find anything wrong with this one, nice job!

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1587888


Thanks dude! I'll send the compliments to lyle as well. \m/
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #9
Usernames sucks
Registered User
 
Usernames sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Norway
Oh love your tobe man! Playing is flawless and you got that sweet petrucci tone. I see a little gowan and greg howe inspiration here to. You are the frirst guy right?
__________________
Original fusion metal song:
http://m.soundcloud.com/kjartan-thorkildsen/euphoric
ORIGINAL PROGRESSIVE METAL SONG:
https://soundcloud.com/kjartan-thor...fe-in-purgatory
Usernames sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #10
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usernames sucks
Oh love your tobe man! Playing is flawless and you got that sweet petrucci tone. I see a little gowan and greg howe inspiration here to. You are the frirst guy right?


Thanks man, the tone is pretty far from JPs sound (Friedman HBE) but thank you haha! Guthrie is my all time fav so yes definitely influence from him. Not afraid to admit it Love greg howe but haven't delved into his stuff enough to call him an influence, dude is amazing though. And yea I'm the red head.
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #11
JWBlack
Registered User
 
JWBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Caribbean
Wow very nice playin mate... Really dig your style, love the phrasing and the tone is killer.. Top stuff

heres mine:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...86#post30990586
__________________
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
JWBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #12
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWBlack
Wow very nice playin mate... Really dig your style, love the phrasing and the tone is killer.. Top stuff

heres mine:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...86#post30990586


Thanks man! I'll check it out now!
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #13
Pyrotechie
Registered User
 
Pyrotechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
I've listened to this 3 times already. You're a damn good improv man. Just the fact that you focused on the song dynamic instead of speed shredding was great. Keep em coming man, you just got a subscriber.
Pyrotechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #14
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotechie
I've listened to this 3 times already. You're a damn good improv man. Just the fact that you focused on the song dynamic instead of speed shredding was great. Keep em coming man, you just got a subscriber.


Thanks so much man! And yea for me I really believe that if it's right for the song or its tasteful, that it will say alot more than note spam as i call it haha. I still DO think it's important to have technique and chops etc, but I see it all as a tool. Thank you so much for subscribing, hope you enjoy my upcoming uploads
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #15
Indy_Fire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Awesome lead skills! playing was tight and didn't get boring or samey.
Nice production and sound as well. Makes my set up seem a joke. =D

Here's my clips.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1588772
Indy_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:31 PM   #16
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy_Fire
Awesome lead skills! playing was tight and didn't get boring or samey.
Nice production and sound as well. Makes my set up seem a joke. =D

Here's my clips.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1588772


Thanks man and yea thank the Fractal Audio Axe FX II for the sound, if it weren't for that black box of awesomeness I don't know what I'd do \m/ I'll check your stuff out now
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #17
VforFailure
Registered User
 
VforFailure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Florida
The intro is awesome and sets up the song quite nicely, great audio quality, and extremely tight playng. Wish I could play like that honestly xD.
VforFailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #18
Sean Ashe
Registered User
 
Sean Ashe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by VforFailure
The intro is awesome and sets up the song quite nicely, great audio quality, and extremely tight playng. Wish I could play like that honestly xD.


Thanks dude, and all it takes is practice!
__________________
Session/Live Guitarist, Songwriter, Producer, and Guitar Teacher

www.SeanAsheGuitar.com
www.Facebook.com/SeanAsheOfficial
www.Youtube.com/SeanAsheOfficial
Sean Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #19
Evil_Magician
naiciGAM_livE
 
Evil_Magician's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stockholm
Damn man! Reaaly great playing! Loved your tone! A little bit of Greg Howe in some of those licks!
Nice
Evil_Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #20
MentaLrz
Death MentaL
 
MentaLrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hell
amazing.
MentaLrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.