Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Musician Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #1
robo37

UK Young adult singer/guitarist looking for creative/unique/dark rock band in NW England

Rhythm guitarist/bass guitarist/drummer/keyboardist/backup vocalist all welcome, though I've already got leads on a drummer, I'm still not sure if he'll be interested.

You need to have some kind of abstract playing style to be able to adapt to one, as I tend to make riffs off the bat, I don't always use scales, chords, 4/4 time signatures. Also if you're wanting to cheerful tunes, you're at the wrong place, and we won't be making songs about "feeling the metal"- whatever that means, we're talking about meaningful stuff here, like mental illness, failure of society, that kind of thing

WARNING: I am still prone to writing love songs. Though not the happy sort.

Influences include:

Nine Inch Nails
Tool/A Perfect Circle
Radiohead/Thom Yorke
Black Light Burns
Coil
Porcupine Tree
Queens of the Stone Age
Alice in Chains
Serj Tankian/System of a Down
Korn
Machines of Loving Grace
Android Lust
Loads of other stuff you won't have heard of

To try to get your head around the kind of riffs I'm talking about, put this into PowerTab Editor (or your head, if able..) at say 100 BPM.

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----6-------6------2-3---3/5-------6-------6------2-0-3-0---2-----6-------6------2-3-----3/5---2-------2---1-0-2-0----0-|
|--6-------0------5----------------6-------0-------5-----------0-----6------0-------5----------------3-----2-----3------------0----|
|4------4-------2--------4-----4--------4-------2------------------4-----4-------2----------4-----1-----0-----1------------------|

Rpt.

Or a simpler one -

|------------------------------------------|
|--------3-2-----------2---0-------------|
|1-2-1------2-5-1-2---1----0-0-2-4-|
|--------------------------------0-0------|

Rpt.

PS - I have Asperger's, so go easy on me.

Last edited by robo37 : 02-20-2013 at 09:33 AM.
robo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #2
festivalinhell

I'm not from the UK but this looks fun. My kind of stuff. I have similar influences and the riffs you posted look fun. I can dig it.
89 Epiphone LP Honeyburst
Boss ME-70

Fender Dreadnought Acoustic
Ibanez RG350DX
Blackstar HT-5R
Orange CR35LDX
Vox Tonelab ST
festivalinhell is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: