Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #41
ConcertShooter
Banned
 
ConcertShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGenzale
And now you apparently did make the connection between the behaviour and being black.
Yes, I did. It seems that The Pit is the place to ask just about anything.

I'm trying to wrap my head around teaching and forcing young girls into violent and aggressive behavior. That mindset is foreign to me. Maybe you can 'plain it to me because it seems as though the black community never misses an opportunity to live up to just about every stereotype associated with them.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #42
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter

It's that speech that government cannot stifle and that society should tolerate and discuss like adults. Many here are stuck in some pathological stage of adolescence which impedes upon their ability to reason and consider another man's (or woman's) point of view.


I can't really say you're differing from this very example.

You're the classic example of a guy who holds xenophobic opinions and whenever proven wrong/argued against will use the "free speech is dead" - rhetoric back.

There's no point in arguing with someone like you though because whoever you're arguing with either has to agree with you (then he's a true freedom fighter) or disagree with you and then he's infringing on your freedom and he' probably a communist/jew.

**** your founding fathers. Freedoms are worth shit if all you're gonna do is ramble nonsense you picked from your own ass.

Freedom isn't something that justifies itself by just being there.

You're gonna see whatever sociologic patterns you're looking for and disregard any other variables that are NOT correlated to race/ethnicity/gender/sex.

One good rule to follow when trying to go for scientific research is to try your utmost to disprove your theory. I don't really think you're trying that hard to do that. As you're obviously alreeady filled to the brim with stereotypes about people, races, cultures, and ethnicities you're gonna find them because you want to find them.
__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash

Last edited by JohnnyGenzale : 02-20-2013 at 01:18 PM.
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #43
Metasponge
Rather absorbent.
 
Metasponge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Suffolk, England
Thanks Obama.
__________________
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you...

Watch me talk to a camera! (YouTube)

CLOUD OF SOUND
Metasponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #44
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
 
MadClownDisease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
Yes, I did. It seems that The Pit is the place to ask just about anything.

I'm trying to wrap my head around teaching and forcing young girls into violent and aggressive behavior. That mindset is foreign to me. Maybe you can 'plain it to me because it seems as though the black community never misses an opportunity to live up to just about every stereotype associated with them.

Ok well for a start, because in this video they are black, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with being black. They probably appear to live up to your stereotypes BECAUSE you have these stereotypes. You interpret behaviour and examples of it to fit your pre-existing prejudices on the matter. You watch this video and see it being something to do with being black because you assume it has something to do with being black, whereas I watch and see it being to do with these people being horrible human beings.


Despite this, assuming it is a "culture of violence", as you say, you've just admitted it's nothing to do with race.
Even if the subculture is majoratively black, that doesn't mean it is in any way related to them being black. Race=/=culture.
__________________
Last.fm
Flickr
MadClownDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #45
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist
 
H4T3BR33D3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The laaaaaaand of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGenzale
I can't really say you're differing from this very example.

You're the classic example of a guy who holds xenophobic opinions and whenever proven wrong/argued against will use the "free speech is dead" - rhetoric back.

There's no point in arguing with someone like you though because whoever you're arguing with either has to agree with you (then he's a true freedom fighter) or disagree with you and then he's infringing on your freedom and he' probably a communist/jew.

**** your founding fathers. Freedoms are worth shit if all you're gonna do is ramble nonsense you picked from your own ass.

Freedom isn't something that justifies itself by just being there.

You're gonna see whatever sociologic patterns you're looking for and disregard any other variables that are NOT correlated to race/ethnicity/gender/sex.

One good rule to follow when trying to go for scientific research is to try your utmost to disprove your theory. I don't really think you're trying that hard to do that.


Bravo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
I'm not artsy at all. At least not in the visual sense.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy




Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.


Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #46
ConcertShooter
Banned
 
ConcertShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
How exactly is free speech dead?
As this thread has demonstrated my merely asking a question about a certain demographic group has some here (at least one of the UG gangs\tribes) calling for my ban.

When people refuse to look at the issue\question I posed and instead call for my ban, then Free Speech is dead. Mind you these are the same people that rattle their chains every Fourth of July while telling themselves how free they are. In reality, their slaves with no clue and are working (knowingly or unknowingly) to destroy the very country that gives them the right to express their opinion. I suspect when they lose their rights too, it will begin to sink in for some.

It's either a respect for all points of view and Free Speech for all, or it's no Free Speech for anyone.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-20-2013 at 01:43 PM.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #47
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
As this thread has demonstrated my merely asking a question about a certain demographic group has some here (at least on of the UG gangs\tribes) calling for my ban.

When people refuse to look at the issue\question I posed and instead call for my ban, then Free Speech is dead. Mind you these are the same people that rattle their chains every Fourth of July while telling themselves how free they are. In reality, their slaves with no clue and are working (knowingly or unknowingly) to destroy the very country that gives them the right to express their opinion. I suspect when they lose their rights too, it will begin to sink in for some.

It's either a respect for all points of view and Free Speech for all, or it's no Free Speech for anyone.


ultimate-guitar are not obliged to follow any free-speech rule. It's privately founded and driven site. Whatever they find drivel they can remove.

__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Given this guy's ability to form coherent sentences and paragraphs I'm not entirely convinced that he's a nurse (although I've had my doubts ever since he claimed he contracted measles two days after having a measles jab, which is utterly impossible as anyone with a vague understanding of diseases will know). Don't you have to pass some kind of a formal education to be a nurse?
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #49
ConcertShooter
Banned
 
ConcertShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
Ok well for a start, because in this video they are black, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with being black. They probably appear to live up to your stereotypes BECAUSE you have these stereotypes. You interpret behaviour and examples of it to fit your pre-existing prejudices on the matter. You watch this video and see it being something to do with being black because you assume it has something to do with being black, whereas I watch and see it being to do with these people being horrible human beings.


Despite this, assuming it is a "culture of violence", as you say, you've just admitted it's nothing to do with race.
Even if the subculture is majoratively black, that doesn't mean it is in any way related to them being black. Race=/=culture.
I base my opinions on the scientific method. Observation and analysis and continued observation and analysis.

The following study\statistics came from two decades of FBI\Department of Justice crime statistics. Are statistics racist or hateful, or is this just information where an inanimate object like text on a webpage is devoid of feelings?

Crime Rates --
* Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
* When blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
* Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the white rate.
* The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic.
--Color of Crime, Race, Crime, and Justice in America Second, Expanded Edition, 2005.
http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html

Interracial Crime --
* Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving blacks and whites, blacks commit 85 percent and whites commit 15 percent.
* Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are black.
* Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a white than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
* Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
--Color of Crime, Race, Crime, and Justice in America Second, Expanded Edition, 2005.
<http://colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.html>
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #50
ConcertShooter
Banned
 
ConcertShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Given this guy's ability to form coherent sentences and paragraphs I'm not entirely convinced that he's a nurse (although I've had my doubts ever since he claimed he contracted measles two days after having a measles jab, which is utterly impossible as anyone with a vague understanding of diseases will know). Don't you have to pass some kind of a formal education to be a nurse?
I have a BSN and passed the state nursing boards after graduating nursing school (Early '80s). Made a 2416 on the NCLEX test where passing was 1600.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #51
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Where is your study regarding how big % of the money blacks and hispanics are in possesion of compared to whites? And in general just the general racism/stereotypical view on blacks/hispanics in media etc.

Where do hispanics and black live? What jobs do they have? What socioeconomic situation do they have?

You're basically trying to argue that they are genetically more prone to commit crimes. Is this genetic "fixed" as in it can't be affected by the environment? Because if it's the former that is some extremely abstract gene they carry down as being criminal is connected to the economic system and the right to possession rather than being tall, thin etc etc.

If the gene however is affected by the environment you should start looking at that.

Perhaps.

You're basically presenting facts that might have nothing to do with the ethnicity you're trying to connect with the crime rates. And as I earlier said. I won't buy into your crap until you've added other variables than race/ethnicity.

I want to see a compared study between whites, hispanics, blacks with the same job situation, socioeconomic status in general, family situation and history. etc with the only difference that they are white, black or hispanic.

Otherwise you're comparing an UNEMPLOYED hispanic in a suburb/ghetto to a lawyer who happens to be white living in a posh part of town and stating that the hispanic is criminal because he's hispanic rather than because of everything else that is much more likely to be the variable in affect.
__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash

Last edited by JohnnyGenzale : 02-20-2013 at 01:33 PM.
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #52
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
As this thread has demonstrated my merely asking a question about a certain demographic group has some here (at least on of the UG gangs\tribes) calling for my ban.

When people refuse to look at the issue\question I posed and instead call for my ban, then Free Speech is dead. Mind you these are the same people that rattle their chains every Fourth of July while telling themselves how free they are. In reality, their slaves with no clue and are working (knowingly or unknowingly) to destroy the very country that gives them the right to express their opinion. I suspect when they lose their rights too, it will begin to sink in for some.

It's either a respect for all points of view and Free Speech for all, or it's no Free Speech for anyone.

No one here wants to end free speech or take away your speech. We just don't like blatant racism. At first you weren't being racist (at least not overtly) but then you equated that behavior in the video with being black, when more likely it has to do with economic class and the low standard of living that those people most likely live in.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #53
willT08
Official Classist
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Shooter, a hint, social class has more to do with crime than race.
__________________
Burn into my spirit, sear into my soul
Blow me away, I say
Sweep me up like a tornado
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #54
ConcertShooter
Banned
 
ConcertShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGenzale
ultimate-guitar are not obliged to follow any free-speech rule. It's privately founded and driven site. Whatever they find drivel they can remove.



This is true, but with many of the other threads I've seen here mine are quite tame in comparison. It appears that some people only want certain subjects discussed and other subjects and people deep sixed.

I haven't harassed anyone. Called anyone any derogatory names like others have called me. Haven't used any offensive language toward any individual or group, and have generally carried on in a most civil manner at all times. Not so those who attack me for my political beliefs only and with threats of violence.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #55
WCPhils
Banned
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
>implying blacks and whites have equal opportunities in the US, have the same access to a good education (or even an education), and are born into the same amount of wealth


Those are all things that have much more of an effect on violent behaviors than the color of someone's skin.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #56
Metasponge
Rather absorbent.
 
Metasponge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Suffolk, England
Good job I don't have any black in me, I might have punched that child I just walked past. Phew.













/sarcasm.
__________________
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you...

Watch me talk to a camera! (YouTube)

CLOUD OF SOUND
Metasponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #57
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.
 
MadClownDisease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
*crime stats*

Correlation=/=causation.


Considering that the higher concentration of non-white populations in mostly white countries will be in poorer areas and inner cities, this isn't surprising.

Them being a certain race doesn't cause them to be more prone to crime, being a certain race is more associated with socioeconomic conditions that mean crime is more prevalent.
__________________
Last.fm
Flickr
MadClownDisease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #58
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
I have a BSN and passed the state nursing boards after graduating nursing school (Early '80s). Made a 2416 on the NCLEX test where passing was 1600.


Well as a nurse you should be somewhat aware that genetics proves that race doesn't exist (and that measles has a 10 day incubation period).
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #59
JohnnyGenzale
Bitter old sod
 
JohnnyGenzale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcertShooter
This is true, but with many of the other threads I've seen here mine are quite tame in comparison. It appears that some people only want certain subjects discussed and other subjects and people deep sixed.

I haven't harassed anyone. Called anyone any derogatory names like others have called me. Haven't used any offensive language toward any individual or group, and have generally carried on in a most civil manner at all times. Not so those who attack me for my political beliefs only and with threats of violence.


You've been provoking jews and communists.
If I had been a jew I'd been rather offended by your other thread.

As a communist I am however only happy to see the likes of you being scared and depressed in your country because of the current situation of others than gun-waving rednecks getting influence in society.
__________________
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
JohnnyGenzale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #60
macashmack
Maskcashmack
 
macashmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
>implying blacks and whites have equal opportunities in the US, have the same access to a good education (or even an education), and are born into the same amount of wealth


Those are all things that have much more of an effect on violent behaviors than the color of someone's skin.

They do have that, to be fair
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGenzale
You've been provoking jews and communists.
If I had been a jew I'd been rather offended by your other thread.

As a communist I am however only happy to see the likes of you being scared and depressed in your country because of the current situation of others than gun-waving rednecks getting influence in society.

Why are you a communist?

Last edited by macashmack : 02-20-2013 at 01:38 PM.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.