Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #21
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysc
thx guys .. mty question was more .. does it react like a real tube amp , cause so far im playing with my amp sim in my studio monitor and i havent been please with the result . ive had vox tonelab , roland micro cube etc .. they do ok at best .. but nothing like what im searhcing for .

i end up with 12 amps type and 60 effects i dont use .. but im still not please by the distortion sound .

thats why i was looking at the jvm 1 ... it really seem to have the sound im looking for at bedroom volume .

i dont know why you guys say its gonna be crazy loud at 1 watts ... ive had a phaez 5 watts and fully dimed it was loud but still playable without shaking the walls . .. so 1 watt should be fine and the 0.01 watts for late nite jamming .

i wanna know if it feel like a really tube amp i think thats what missing right now .. and the jvm has tons of gain which i found missed in the other jmp , jtm etc.. i tried . and these little night train , eganter etc.. all the demo seem to lack the aount of gain i need .

i think ill give it a shot . i can afford it .

Ok, let's examine. You asked for opinions, got opinions from people who have used it and thought it sucked, and now you're going to buy it?

Why bother to ask?

Pretty clear you aren't particularly learned on the whole volume v. wattage thing either, but that's for another day.

If YOU like it, buy it, you don't need us to justify your purchase.

And just so you know, nobody here cares if you can afford it...
Old 02-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #22
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

I thought about getting one........for about that long and then I didnt. Again it propbably wont suck for what he is wanting it for. But dont be surprised when you get it and its to loud. Tube is tube and tube is friggin loud! Hope the best for ya bud.
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
bburritt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #23
Prime2515102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartfood
while your point is made a 6505 might not be very good for punk - unless it's like powerviolence or hardcore or something

I just figured he has an eq.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #24
bburritt1
Sauron Hates EMG's......

Why wouldnt the 6505 not be OK for punk? Their is a gain knob and tone knobs on that amp for a reason.....I'm confused!
Fender Partscaster Korean Made
Epiphone Prophecy
Washburn Southern Cross 34 of 100
Ibanez TS9,AD9,GCB95, Multi Chorus and TU2
bburritt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 PM   #25
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bburritt1
Why wouldnt the 6505 not be OK for punk? Their is a gain knob and tone knobs on that amp for a reason.....I'm confused!

you love that face. I don't think it would be bad
i don't know, I think Ramones when I hear punk. more marshall crunch than screaming gainy biting 6505.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:41 PM   #26
Skysc

ARBY :

relax dude , i was jsut asking for review and people who actually played the amp . cause i love the dmeo on youtube , but its marshall demo .. does it sound as good in the room , is it too loud .

the reason why i said i can afford it ... its because the comments are often : would be a great bedroom if it wasnt too expensive . or it look sweet but i dont have 800 $ to put on that . i was jsut saying that money is not the issue for me .

ill probably wait as my first thought when i got my studio monitors last year was to go modeler like axe fx , kemper etc ..

but that damn little amp has that marshally high gain sound i like . and it seem only marshall has that bite

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Skysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #27
Roc8995

Just get an Axe-Fx or Kemper instead. They're a million times better than that thing and they do the Marshall sound (and dozens of others) fabulously. Those 1 watt Marshalls are little more than a novelty, and there's no bigger falsehood these days than 'Only a Marshall sounds like a Marshall.'

Rate This Thread: