Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-25-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
jordanlodge

affordable Gibson j45 copy talk

Right i currently own a ovation appluase AE128 and Fender and beaten up Squier (fender) sa 105...both low end guitars and entry level.
but i considering puchasing a more expensive guitar between 100-300
I want solid top and that
but im looking into J45/j50 copy and lookalikes,blue ridge sells one for 345 solid top and solid back and sides
and so does epiphone from there aj220swhat is 120(cheap entry level guitar) and the epi aj550m the masterbuilt solid top and solid back and sides
and recording king does copys but these are way out of my price range.
are there any other known brands what do good j45/j50 copys?
there is probaly not seen as my budget is 300,ps im only an student
jordanlodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
captivate
d[-.-]b Asian Audiophile.

The Blue Ridge and Epiphones should be pretty good for what you're paying. Personally, I quite like the Masterbilt guitars. I think they're a decent choice and I would suggest them, myself. I haven't had the chance to try a Blue Ridge, but the word around the forum is that they're quite good.
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
captivate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
jordanlodge

blue ridge need to import seens as im from the uk...meaning high delivery prices..
the blue ridges are way to expensive anyway for me that is
the masterbuilt ae a bit out of my budget...
the epiphone aj220s might do the job,few tweaks and that...does anybody else know good copies?
Old 02-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

my husband owns a gibson j45, and he felt that both the solid top lam b&s and all solid models from blueridge came close. the masterbilt is a good guitar. i haven't been impressed with the lower priced epis, including the aj220s.

if tone is a concern, your budget isn't going to take you exactly where you want to be. if only looks are a concern, get the epi. or perhaps you can find a solid top lam b&s blueridge model?
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
stepchildusmc

i'd live with what i have for now and wait until i can afford a better one more to my needs/wants. i agree with you that the AE128 isn't a great guitar( i have a lot of Ovations but don't like the shallowbowls- i have 1 Celebrity GC057 that i let careless play with), but it plays... as long as you can get the G string problem under control. live with what you have until you can afford what you really want. its better to have a little patience than to say to yourself...well this is better, but......
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
jordanlodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepchildusmc
i'd live with what i have for now and wait until i can afford a better one more to my needs/wants. i agree with you that the AE128 isn't a great guitar( i have a lot of Ovations but don't like the shallowbowls- i have 1 Celebrity GC057 that i let careless play with), but it plays... as long as you can get the G string problem under control. live with what you have until you can afford what you really want. its better to have a little patience than to say to yourself...well this is better, but......

good advice,better to save up for a year or so....and get the best you can get instead of comprimising getting lower end guitars...the epi's i pefer,blueridge i have never play the j45 copys and i pefer if the guitar is in natural,i know you can get them in it though,the epiphone masterbuilt might do the job

Rate This Thread: