Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
Big bang theory

I'm Yours Jason Mraz cover (Acoustic, Vocal and Backing Track

Last edited by Big bang theory : 02-23-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #2
Big bang theory

Holy shit I just realized I put the wrong video the one above is Wanted Dead or Alive lmao
Old 02-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Big bang theory

This is I'm yours, any commentary or critique is welcome thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
Tracii Lee

After watching both of your videos, the first thing that really jumped out at me was your singing technique. You have kind of a more "yelling" than "singing" thing going on, like you're focusing more on your voice's volume than the actual singing itself, which makes me believe you're kind of new to singing. I used to be like that when I first started singing, it's just a bad habit, definitely fixable. How long have you been singing? I really liked your song choice (for both songs) and the guitar was pretty good. I definitely think you have some potential, and major props for putting your stuff out there. Just keep on playing, keep on singing, and most importantly keep having fun with it and you'll keep improving
Tracii Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
Big bang theory

Thanks for the comments... Yes I'm new to singing I was the guitarist of my band with no intentions on singing till we found ourselves without a singer. So I've been trying but have no training and don't really know anything about singing technique. Any pointers and maybe places on the internet that are good for developing technique, would be good. Again thanks for the comment I'm gonna posting more for sure. Those vocals were recorded directly to my samsung galaxy. The other vids will be with proper mics.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:26 AM   #6
Tracii Lee

Man, that sure is a common story... I remember back when all I had to do was play guitar and didn't have to worry about signing, haha. The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to go find someone who can teach you in person. I don't have very much faith in instructional books or DVD's, because you can read/watch them all you want, but no one is there to tell you "No, that's not right, try it again" It can lead to a lot of confusion and frustration. The second thing is not to blow out your voice. Don't try too hard, if you have to transpose the song down a little to get it into your singing range than do it. That's why we have different tunings, it's to match the singers range. Your voice will improve with time, and you must have patience. Believe me when I say that you're starting out more well off than I did when I first started, and now I'm singing lead in my band playing bars all the time. It just takes time. I'm no professional vocal coach by any means, but these are things I've found to be true in my time as a singer and as a musician. If you ever have a question about something, you can PM me, and I'll do my best to answer it or at least point you in the right direction for a solid answer. Best of luck dude, keep posting the videos and I'll keep watching them!
Tracii Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #7
Big bang theory

@Tracii Lee

Thanks for the words man!!! I agree about having feedback from a teacher helps immensly in the learning proccess. I'm gonna look into my community college for singing programs.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:12 PM   #8
ThoriumEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bang theory

This is I'm yours, any commentary or critique is welcome thanks

Nice
Try to sing softer for this song
Try to work on your singing notes while playing
Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
Big bang theory

Thanks @Thorium again! Yeah I'm pretty new to the singing never had any aspirations to be a singer just a guitarist, but when the singer of the band I took over and don't practice the singing as much as I should but have been trying to serious as of late. I'll be posting more videos on here

Rate This Thread: