Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #1
BloodReverence

Metalcore Original C4C

So last night I stayed up until 3 am writing this and today I recorded a decent amount of it. C4C and tell me what you think of the writing and the mix!

[EDIT]
Added in the lead guitars (before the prechorus they are too loud i know), some reverse cymbals, a bass drop and the solo section/final chorus.

https://soundcloud.com/bloodreveren...d-finished-demo

Post your link for C4C and I'll give you as in depth of crit as you give me!

Last edited by BloodReverence : 02-27-2013 at 02:56 PM.
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
GS LEAD 5

Really liked the way the drums and the guitars work together as the song starts. They sort of "talk" to each other, for want of better words. Synth lines work very well with the guitars. If anything, the palm mutes in the beginning over the synths, the staccato bits, sound a little flubby. Overall, tone is good, mixing very balanced.
Transition at 1:58 slightly abrupt? Maybe let the palm mute ring out till the next parts start?
Playing is tight, very accurate.

Really liked your kick drum sound, what did you use for it? If its not too much bother, could you tell me what you did to get that sound?

EPIC clean bits. Easily the best part of the song. I guess it's still not complete? Sounds like it could do with a solo.

Overall, great work flows well, great transitions, balanced mix.
Peavey KB4

DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
MentaLrz
Death MentaL

What amp and keyboard vst are you using? I like!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1589522
MentaLrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
BloodReverence

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS LEAD 5
Transition at 1:58 slightly abrupt? Maybe let the palm mute ring out till the next parts start?

Really liked your kick drum sound, what did you use for it? If its not too much bother, could you tell me what you did to get that sound?

That part is there for the vocals to take over for a second, but vocals aren't there yet ahaha but i added the reverse cymbal and bass drop so it sounds a bit less abrupt now.

The kick drum is a sample of CoB's kick that i got online and sampled using Drumagog and replaced my kick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentaLrz
What amp and keyboard vst are you using? I like!

Using the TSE x50 amp sim and the keyboard vst is Nexus. Thank you!
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #5
le screamist

Hey man, thanks for the comment! I love your guitar tone, so ****ing gritty and chunky - this is by far one of the more interesting metal tunes I've heard on here in a while, the keyboards really pull it together nicely. Some might call it generic but I think that your mix really compliments that, you can't argue with a breakdown - it just gets shit done haha

Keep it up brother!
le screamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #6
M_16A
^^ i'm a gun

There's some good writing there! Very nice and clean, good production, good riffs I like it! I could have gone with out the keys but that's just taste, I could hear some vocals over that!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...53#post31124453

Rate This Thread: