Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
MESAexplorer
Spider Pig
 
MESAexplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockAddict311
I'd say don't touch the pups and get a new amp.


Carvin's pickups are mediocre at best. And chances are if you drop $2000 on a guitar you already have a nice amp or you're working towards it.


Anyways...

Happy New Guitar Day and welcome to the Carvin Club! I've had my DC-747 for about 5 years now and it's still my favorite guitar. I was absolutely drooling when I saw the full page ad in Guitar World for the carve top 7 string. Yours is absolutely gorgeous, I love the natural wood finish.

Did you get the mahogany body? Mine has walnut and it's really bright and chimey, not so much on the low end.

After seeing this thread, I'm pretty sure I've lost all GAS for the Yngwie Malmsteen Fender (even though I get a huge discount on Fenders). Gotta have another Carvin!
__________________
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
MESAexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #22
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
 
Mister A.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: I can't remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESAexplorer
Happy New Guitar Day and welcome to the Carvin Club! I've had my DC-747 for about 5 years now and it's still my favorite guitar. I was absolutely drooling when I saw the full page ad in Guitar World for the carve top 7 string. Yours is absolutely gorgeous, I love the natural wood finish.

Did you get the mahogany body? Mine has walnut and it's really bright and chimey, not so much on the low end.

Oh, I've been a Carvin club guy since the days of yore, way back in the summer of 2012. Albeit, that one (SC90) wasn't my specs and I picked up for somewhere around $600 (it was like $650 or $625, I don't remember exactly).

And nope, the body is koa, and the neck is the 5 piece maple/walnut deal. My SC90 is mahogany though.
__________________
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.


Official Approval
show
Mister A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:22 AM   #23
MESAexplorer
Spider Pig
 
MESAexplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister A.J.
Oh, I've been a Carvin club guy since the days of yore, way back in the summer of 2012. Albeit, that one (SC90) wasn't my specs and I picked up for somewhere around $600 (it was like $650 or $625, I don't remember exactly).

And nope, the body is koa, and the neck is the 5 piece maple/walnut deal. My SC90 is mahogany though.



Hows the koa sound compared to the mahogany?

I've been interested in both koa or mahogany for my next Carvin whenever that may be.
__________________
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
MESAexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #24
Mister A.J.
Ker-Blang-a-Woggle
 
Mister A.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: I can't remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESAexplorer
Hows the koa sound compared to the mahogany?

I've been interested in both koa or mahogany for my next Carvin whenever that may be.

I adore the koa, and I'd take it over the mahogany any day of the week.
__________________
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.


Official Approval
show
Mister A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.