Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-01-2013, 01:22 AM   #1
randywolf244
resident arrogant

on/off switches on a strat

anyone know where a wiring diagram for on/off switches is on the net for a strat. kind of like what would be found on an old schecter or on a jaguar or something
randywolf244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
Originally Posted by randywolf244
anyone know where a wiring diagram for on/off switches is on the net for a strat. kind of like what would be found on an old schecter or on a jaguar or something

not to be an asshole, but google is going to get you one faster and easier. search around a little.

here is a quick page i found (may not be the best it was one of the top of the results, seems to be in order.

http://www.kpsec.freeuk.com/components/switch.htm
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
randywolf244
resident arrogant

sorry man but i did google it, i also checked in all my wiring manuals, none show how to contain 3 pups onto i/o s
Old 03-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #4
SteveHOC
Used Register

Old 03-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
sorry man but i did google it, i also checked in all my wiring manuals, none show how to contain 3 pups onto i/o s

i didn't expect that you would find a page telling you everything. edit: (looks like he found one) you wire them in. if you would have searched you probably would have found them.

this is what i have used: http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...oductId=2062494 the usually have a couple in stock.

the on/off plate can easily be removed, its just basically a washer.

you just put them in line with what ever you want to do with them.

what is your goal? if its just on/off switches for individual pickups.

_____

i let me know if you have any questions. again i didn't mean to be rude. however threads with little text and a simple query usually get ignored. and i don't know about others, but i like people being able to find their own sources.
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT

Last edited by trashedlostfdup : 03-01-2013 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:48 AM   #6
randywolf244
resident arrogant

yeah thats the goal, and thanks for the link to the switches i just ordered them. i wanted to make sure i could do it before i blew the money on the switches. though i will keep the plate
Old 03-01-2013, 02:01 AM   #7
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

Quote:
yeah thats the goal, and thanks for the link to the switches i just ordered them. i wanted to make sure i could do it before i blew the money on the switches. though i will keep the plate

i kept the plate too. i have a Gibson SG that is extremely modded and didn't have the best paint so i had to sand it down a bit resealed it and the stain was still there very nicely. i woodburned a tattoo on the top that i have drawn up (got it in a trade for a MIM tele haha). C# std with dual EMG81's (i don't like 81's a ton but its pretty beefy. all that is on the front are the pickups and two switches. one for each pickup. it sounds really nice and beefy with both pickups on.

*none my other guitars aren't customized like that. i am not really into it, but i think of it is like that like the people have stickers all over one guitar. this is my version.
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT
Old 03-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
randywolf244
resident arrogant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashedlostfdup
i kept the plate too. i have a Gibson SG that is extremely modded and didn't have the best paint so i had to sand it down a bit resealed it and the stain was still there very nicely. i woodburned a tattoo on the top that i have drawn up (got it in a trade for a MIM tele haha). C# std with dual EMG81's (i don't like 81's a ton but its pretty beefy. all that is on the front are the pickups and two switches. one for each pickup. it sounds really nice and beefy with both pickups on.

*none my other guitars aren't customized like that. i am not really into it, but i think of it is like that like the people have stickers all over one guitar. this is my version.

i just bought a strat body and neck off this guy that walked in my shop, i paid out of my personal wallet because tbh i wanted it lol. he had the rest of the peices with him in a box(said they got crushed moving) so im gonna use it to reconstruct a guitar that was recently stolen from me that was just built from whatever parts i had laying around the shop. it had this really rough hell and back mojo to it.

Rate This Thread: