Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-02-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
 
Guitar0player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Israel
Theme for a battle scene(GP5, WIP C4C NOW WITH MORE COMPLETE!)

This is something new I am working on.

Updated, almost complete!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Theme for a battle scene.gp5 (36.5 KB, 68 views)
__________________
Empty space for rent

Last edited by Guitar0player : 03-07-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Guitar0player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:59 PM   #2
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quite the groovy theme. I'm guessing they're fighting through the power of dance?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
 
Guitar0player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Quite the groovy theme. I'm guessing they're fighting through the power of dance?


A dance with magnum revolvers?
__________________
Empty space for rent
Guitar0player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
xbitmetal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Katana dance and ultimate magic powers? I dunno I loved your guitar riff 0030567 ****yeah . Brass section made this all cool, but I got to say you shouldn't have organs and brass section. Just pick one or your song is going to have too many layers.
xbitmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
QuantumInfinity
Yeay!
 
QuantumInfinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
The riff in the beginning had me thinking about Megadeth :p

Aside from that, this shit is really catchy and the Brass is pretty sweet as well.
Can't really complain about anything here, so I'ma just pat you on the back instead ^.~
__________________
When you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you…

Crit me! / C4C
QuantumInfinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
CelestialGuitar
Celestial Wish Guitarist
 
CelestialGuitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Birmingham, UK
Hey there, I actually am into composing for games/films/products etc, so I think I can give advice. First, I think this works, I feel that this would be great in an indie RPG game as a boss theme for one particular boss, and I say that, because it's a good piece, however, I feel that it doesn't have the right atmosphere for a standard battle, and I don't think it has the right impact for a generic boss theme (you're probably aware of Those Who Fight Further, which I think has an incredible impact), I think you have the right idea when you mentioned revolvers, as I could imagine this playing as you enter a battle with a dodgy mafia boss, or something along those lines.

In the bass break from 57 onwards, I feel that there could be more, a high synth, possibly, with a better build up from the drums, into that second theme, which you should expand on, and aim to make the piece loop after expanding on it.

Once all that's done, I reckon you could happily put this in a videogame.
__________________
Gear

Mesa Dual Rectifier
TC Electronic Polytune
T Rex MAB Overdrive
Boss NS-2
ESP Horizon NT See Thru Black (D Standard)

Celestial Wish on Youtube
CelestialGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
 
Guitar0player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumInfinity
The riff in the beginning had me thinking about Megadeth :p

Aside from that, this shit is really catchy and the Brass is pretty sweet as well.
Can't really complain about anything here, so I'ma just pat you on the back instead ^.~


Thanks as usual man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbitmetal
Katana dance and ultimate magic powers? I dunno I loved your guitar riff 0030567 ****yeah . Brass section made this all cool, but I got to say you shouldn't have organs and brass section. Just pick one or your song is going to have too many layers.


Well the organ there is almost exclusively for the solo, I just wrote this song with an organ solo in mind cos if you'll notice, it doesnt really fit as a guitar solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialGuitar
Hey there, I actually am into composing for games/films/products etc, so I think I can give advice. First, I think this works, I feel that this would be great in an indie RPG game as a boss theme for one particular boss, and I say that, because it's a good piece, however, I feel that it doesn't have the right atmosphere for a standard battle, and I don't think it has the right impact for a generic boss theme (you're probably aware of Those Who Fight Further, which I think has an incredible impact), I think you have the right idea when you mentioned revolvers, as I could imagine this playing as you enter a battle with a dodgy mafia boss, or something along those lines.

In the bass break from 57 onwards, I feel that there could be more, a high synth, possibly, with a better build up from the drums, into that second theme, which you should expand on, and aim to make the piece loop after expanding on it.

Once all that's done, I reckon you could happily put this in a videogame.


Well, I didnt have an RPG in mind or a game at all, it's supposed to be a comic/cartoon idea that I am thinking about. It's not serious at all and as you can imagine this fits it perfectly. Lots of action, bullet fire and slapstick humor.
__________________
Empty space for rent
Guitar0player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
Jim.Halpert
Banned
 
Jim.Halpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
So the movement between notes that you have, (melodically or harmonically, kinda a combo of both), feels so groovy like people have said. My only suggestion based on that would be to add more interesting rhythm to the riff. Don't change it much, but add some flare to really vibe with the beat and pitches that flow. Something like holding the low E for a little bit when it is just repeating the eighth note rhythm in what you have now. You get my point.
Jim.Halpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
Ometh
nobody
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Since I didn't give this one a proper crit lemme give it a go now. The first thing that hits me is how similar this song is to the other you posted. While that's not something bad by any means, I just expected something a bit different. The first riff is one groovy mofo. The drums feel solid, and the brass section sounds good. I dig the key change at 25, and those chords at 33 are really tasty too. The organ solo is just fantastic. The third reintro felt a bit tiring tbh, but I like the chords and overall riff idea at 65. Since this is clearly an unfinished piece I can't really complain about it, but I feel it could use a couple more riffs tbh. I also felt that with your other piece, and while both songs have great ideas on their own, running with the same idea for dozens of bars does get a little repetitive. One of the things I really liked about the organ solo is that I wasn't realy expecting it, since I was thinking it would head in the same direction as your other song. If you don't want to drastically change your songs, adding more solos, more drum fills, little different things here and there could really spice up this piece, giving it a kind of a jam feel instead of a backing track. Overall solid work. 6.5/10
If you don't mind critting back you can choose between these: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591449 and http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591302 , or you can do both and be super awesome
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.

Last edited by Ometh : 03-06-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
Guitar0player
UG's derby Spike
 
Guitar0player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Israel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.Halpert
So the movement between notes that you have, (melodically or harmonically, kinda a combo of both), feels so groovy like people have said. My only suggestion based on that would be to add more interesting rhythm to the riff. Don't change it much, but add some flare to really vibe with the beat and pitches that flow. Something like holding the low E for a little bit when it is just repeating the eighth note rhythm in what you have now. You get my point.


I know, it's something I have to work on cos for me it is very difficult to do.

Thank you kindly for the nice words though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Since I didn't give this one a proper crit lemme give it a go now. The first thing that hits me is how similar this song is to the other you posted. While that's not something bad by any means, I just expected something a bit different. The first riff is one groovy mofo. The drums feel solid, and the brass section sounds good. I dig the key change at 25, and those chords at 33 are really tasty too. The organ solo is just fantastic. The third reintro felt a bit tiring tbh, but I like the chords and overall riff idea at 65. Since this is clearly an unfinished piece I can't really complain about it, but I feel it could use a couple more riffs tbh. I also felt that with your other piece, and while both songs have great ideas on their own, running with the same idea for dozens of bars does get a little repetitive. One of the things I really liked about the organ solo is that I wasn't realy expecting it, since I was thinking it would head in the same direction as your other song. If you don't want to drastically change your songs, adding more solos, more drum fills, little different things here and there could really spice up this piece, giving it a kind of a jam feel instead of a backing track. Overall solid work. 6.5/10
If you don't mind critting back you can choose between these: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591449 and http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591302 , or you can do both and be super awesome


As I said I trouble spicing up my songs since most of my spicing usually ruin the songs and make it sound weird for some reason, something I have to work on.

As for the similarities, the songs are in fact "related". Like some sort of a concept album or something. The whole repetitive thing is something that bothers me a bit even if this song is supposed to work more like a soundtrack rather than an individual song on an album.

And I must say, the organ solo was so far my favorite part about the song as well.

Thank you for the kind words.
__________________
Empty space for rent
Guitar0player is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.