Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Which of the big four would you rather see live?
Metallica 27 56.25%
Megadeth 13 27.08%
Anthrax 2 4.17%
Slayer 6 12.50%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #21
jetwash69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartfood
that works too

Metallica. been a fan since I was really little

Yeah, I voted to let Metallica live too. It was s a fairly uninformed decision since I've never gotten into the other bands much, but I'm sure a lot of UGers would say I'm often uninformed.

Last edited by jetwash69 : 03-02-2013 at 07:45 PM.
jetwash69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #22
Toasted_Waffelz

Saw Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica yesterday. They were all perfect.
Lars was actually really good live, a few people said they were all much better than when they came here a few years ago.
I'd probably say Metallica although there's nothing in the world more metal than a Slayer pit. I lost some of my leg hair.
Toasted_Waffelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #23
TJWhonley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted_Waffelz
Saw Slayer, Anthrax and Metallica yesterday. They were all perfect.
Lars was actually really good live, a few people said they were all much better than when they came here a few years ago.
I'd probably say Metallica although there's nothing in the world more metal than a Slayer pit. I lost some of my leg hair.

I saw metallica, anthrax and megadeth this year at donnington, and I have to say that I thought metallica had the best atmosphere. might have just been because they were headlining, but you never know. as for lars, he's a great drummer, he's just not as world class as the rest of the band. his stage presence more than makes up for it though.
TJWhonley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #24
Adam808
I Wanna Be Sedated

I have the Big Four concert on DVD, epic. BUT, if it was just one, I would say Metallica, very close second is Megadeth.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #25
bebert

I saw them and that was like a lot of people:
1) Metallica
2) Megadeth
3) Slayer
4) Anthrax
bebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #26
fatgraymatt
Gear Addict

I've seen all of them and I'd have to go with Metallica. Saw 'em the first time opening for Ozzy on the Master of Puppets tour and have been a fan ever since. I've seen them touring behind Puppets, Garage Days, ...and Justice for All, the Black Album and, most recently, Death Magnetic and never left unsatisfied. Hetfield's voice has changed over the years but his rhythm-guitar kung-fu remains strong. I saw the other bands on the Clash of the Titans tour in '91 (with a mostly-unknown Alice in Chains opening). They were all excellent but Slayer absolutely destroyed the place- turned the floor into the biggest mosh-pit I've ever seen as soon as they started playing Angel of Death. The place went nuts, it was almost scary. I'd like to see Anthrax again since I really like Worship Music and I'd love to see Megadeth now that Chris Broderick is in the band- that guy's a monster.
PRS Dave Navarro signature/Burny RLC-70 - Sonuus Wahoo wah/filter - Vox ToneLabLE - Boss DD-5 - Zoom MS-50G - Modded Ampeg VT-22 100-watt tube head or Peavey VK100 100-watt tube head (6L6GC's in both) - Soldano 4X12 cab w/Eminence Legends.
fatgraymatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 AM   #27
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Metallica are awful live these days... I don't see the praise... Lars CANNOT keep time and all the songs end up too fast. On the Big 4 DVD he's too fast, when I saw him at Download 2012 he was too fast... Sonisphere 2011 was actually perfect. He's hit and fuqing miss.

The best live out of the 4 to me is Megadeth, which is annoying because I like Metallica's songs more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 04-12-2013 at 12:17 AM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 PM   #28
kangaroojew9

Making plans to go to Heavy MTL this year to see Megadeth!
kangaroojew9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: