Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-05-2013, 03:44 AM   #21
Milan999

I incorporate different techniques from every style I've learned into one and just play the guitar in a way that feels natural. I don't think about it; it all kind of comes together.
Milan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #22
Dreamdancer11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggedy
I like so many different styles of music....

Metal (most variations), Blues (SRV, ZZ Top), Southern Rock (Skynard, Allman Bro's Gov't Mule), Jazz, Rock (Led Zep, Pink Floyd), Fusion.... etc

So many it leads me to distraction.

How does one say? Thats it! No more! I am honing in on this one thing.. til I have mastered it.

You ear is more sophisticated than you give it credit believe me.You probably heard great guitar playing music all your life so all the data is there.All you have to do is practise to get stuff under your fingers and then let your ear short them out naturally.A double stop riff in a metal tune for example? why not if thats what your ear guides you.You wont stop and say..nonono this is not for this genre.What sounds good is good whether is in your head or you hear it on the record.....

just a simple advice though: sing what you play and play what you sing.....that ll not only train you to listen carefully and pick up stuff off records but it ll actually unlock your creativity.What you hear in your mind and like it is good music....whatever style you think it is or isnt doesnt matter...there is no genre-police to hunt you down.

So to sum it up....dont go with genre,techniques,style etc etc etc....your subconsious know these things already...just go with what you want to hear....go with sound...just learn to transpose that sound on the fretboard thats the challenge..the rest ll fall into place....
Dreamdancer11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: