Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Was your review helpful?
Yes, awsome job bro 3 100.00%
No, u suck 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 03-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
a2sas2in
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Let me review your band!

Let me review your band!
I am a young musician with the ear for music. I like classical, punk, pop, and post-hardcore. However i dont like country or rap, so if your either of those dont waste mine or your time.

I WILL CONSIDER BUILDING A FANBASE IN MY CURRENT LOCATION FOR GOOD BANDS, OR EVEN MANAGEMENT IF NEEDED.

Please have a decent quality recording (iphone quality at least lol), and a youtube video or something on soundcloud.

Reviews will be 0-5 stars. The rating will be based on flow, sound balance, and over all quality of the music

**CANT GET TO EVERYONE BECAUSE OF SCHOOL AND SPORTS sorry

Thanks!

Last edited by a2sas2in : 03-08-2013 at 06:52 AM.
a2sas2in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Poisonouspot
Registered User
 
Poisonouspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Heres my band: https://soundcloud.com/the-heights
Thanks, the recordings arent brilliant, the intro for drive is a little messed up,
Poisonouspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
a2sas2in
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisonouspot
Heres my band: https://soundcloud.com/the-heights
Thanks, the recordings arent brilliant, the intro for drive is a little messed up,


3.5 of 5 stars. Waves was really good, but Drive had a really weak intro. The first 10 seconds of the songs sound very similar, so try and change it up a bit. Also, im loving the vocals, but see if you cant get her to *throw some high notes in some of ur new stuff it would make you guys stand out so much. Cant complain with the drums too much, just needs to be miced better. Good overall. Thanks

EDITED

Last edited by a2sas2in : 03-06-2013 at 05:50 PM.
a2sas2in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
Poisonouspot
Registered User
 
Poisonouspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
thanks man!
Poisonouspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
mikemellen94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Hey there, you should review our band Valley Haze. We are a 3-piece acoustic band, but our first album was mostly a solo project with the help of the current second guitarist. we make album-based music, so each album follows a concept and will take on a specific mood, while each song progresses like the chapter of a book from the previous. We get a lot of feedback saying that there needs to be more upbeat songs on the album, but honestly it would just be out of place, as it is suppose to be a more mellow album with focus on melody and artistic value over "can I move around to it". The second album will be different, and will feature a new mood or vibe with a very artistic feel to it, but give our debut album "The Valley" a review on our soundcloud and let us know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/valleyhaze

Thanks,
Mike Mellen (singer/songwriter/first acoustic)
mikemellen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
a2sas2in
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemellen94
Hey there, you should review our band Valley Haze. We are a 3-piece acoustic band, but our first album was mostly a solo project with the help of the current second guitarist. we make album-based music, so each album follows a concept and will take on a specific mood, while each song progresses like the chapter of a book from the previous. We get a lot of feedback saying that there needs to be more upbeat songs on the album, but honestly it would just be out of place, as it is suppose to be a more mellow album with focus on melody and artistic value over "can I move around to it". The second album will be different, and will feature a new mood or vibe with a very artistic feel to it, but give our debut album "The Valley" a review on our soundcloud and let us know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/valleyhaze

Thanks,
Mike Mellen (singer/songwriter/first acoustic)


4 of 5 stars. Good album, though i dont think it would be a good gig piece for todays music fans. You could get bye with the feel of the overall album on two or so songs (in a set) but i think most people go to a concert to have a good time and move around some. You are definately comfortable in your genre and thats a really good thing, but listen to your fans, they are the ones that are buying (or going to be if not already) ur merch.

I just skimmed the album so i may have missed a few things, but from what i saw you guys need to open up a bit. Dont be afraid to throw some acoustic solos in there.

Definately need to throw an electric guitar in the new album for some variety. And let ur drummer shine more, i can tell hes dying from how little he plays lol
a2sas2in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Vendetta V
The Creep
 
Vendetta V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Factory
well here you can find my two albums
http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/album...eds-of-tomorrow <the latest which is a mellow album

http://vendettav.bandcamp.com/album/headless-punch-2 <this one was released before the Seeds Of Tomorrow and is WAAAAY heavier


so far I guess I'll keep it this simple. I can post some classical pieces and whatnot too but I'd rather not for now

also check my website in case you like my whole vibe www.vendettav.tk

Cheers, Vendetta V
__________________

I'm The Creep!



I'm a mixing engineer, hit me up


Please support my music and purchase my NEW ALBUM
My WEBSITE

My YOUTUBE REVIEWS


And Call Me V
Vendetta V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
mikemellen94
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Thank you for your review! We've actually never had a drummer, that was added on the computer haha and as far as electric guitar, we plan on remaining an acoustic band for now, electric guitars aren't really our thing. And as far as doing what will get us the most money ("listen to the fans because they buy your merch"), we aren't really in it for making money, it is more of an art form for us, so if people enjoy our music then that is great, but we wouldn't do what other people want us to do just to get recognition. Just wanted to say that, but thanks again for listening
mikemellen94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
a2sas2in
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Hey V, i cant get the songs to run off that sight for some reason so if theres anything else on another sight that u want me to check out i will
a2sas2in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #10
a2sas2in
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemellen94
Thank you for your review! We've actually never had a drummer, that was added on the computer haha and as far as electric guitar, we plan on remaining an acoustic band for now, electric guitars aren't really our thing. And as far as doing what will get us the most money ("listen to the fans because they buy your merch"), we aren't really in it for making money, it is more of an art form for us, so if people enjoy our music then that is great, but we wouldn't do what other people want us to do just to get recognition. Just wanted to say that, but thanks again for listening


I understand. Just trying to give tips that will get people a larger fanbase and such
a2sas2in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #11
Ethalopian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
hey! i'd be interested to hear what you have to say about the band i'm in, a 3-piece called costanza. we recorded a demo tape in my basement over a week in december, and though it's not the *best* sound quality-wise (it's at least listenable lol) i think we could learn a lot at least about songwriting tips and such from something like this.

here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/costanzacantstandya

thanks for doing this sort of thing, i know a lot of musicians who'd consider this sort of thing to be real helpful!
__________________
costanzacantstandya
Ethalopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #12
Nostra_cantus
Registered User
 
Nostra_cantus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
I'd like to hear your opnion about my one man band.My band/hobbie name is Nostra Cantus ( is latim, in portuguese is Nosso Canto and english Our Sing ), the music is available on YT and some of them on 4shared, hope you enjoy.

There's the channel:
Nostra Cantus

Here some music that i recommend it:

Old Ways

Maybe all die later

Ciboney People

PS.: Thank you for do this kind of thing, it's really interesting and cool .Bad english, sorry haha.
Nostra_cantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #13
fuzzy_cat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Hey man,

would love to hear feedback on my band.

We play indie rock stuff. We're based in Byron Bay Australia.

Our links:

thefamiliars.bandcamp.com

facebook.com/thefamiliarsband?ref=hl

Cheers

Last edited by fuzzy_cat : 03-07-2013 at 05:23 AM.
fuzzy_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 AM   #14
Markmems
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
http://www.facebook.com/greedthecreature

Just posted a song on the wall, check it out?


Metal/metalcore/technical-ish stuff, first song with vocals.
I appreciate it man

Last edited by Markmems : 03-07-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Markmems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:04 AM   #15
a2sas2in
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethalopian
hey! i'd be interested to hear what you have to say about the band i'm in, a 3-piece called costanza. we recorded a demo tape in my basement over a week in december, and though it's not the *best* sound quality-wise (it's at least listenable lol) i think we could learn a lot at least about songwriting tips and such from something like this.

here's the link: http://soundcloud.com/costanzacantstandya

thanks for doing this sort of thing, i know a lot of musicians who'd consider this sort of thing to be real helpful!


2.5 of 5. Your bassist is kick ass! Digging all his grooves. Ur guitarist is lacking at points, try to get a more solid feel with his abilities (effects, an good recording techniques will help alot). Vocals need more volume on the recordings, and it sound more confident. I know thats hard to pull off with ur style of vocals, but just practice alot. Also work on hitting everynote you sing even if it has the value of an eighth note. Your guys's best asset is definately ur bass.

Your timings are a little off, work on that and u will have better gigs and recordings. Get a more solid recording (dont settle for good enough) and u will sound alot better.
a2sas2in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #16
UrbanAbyss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Hey dude,

Would definitely love to get your opinion on my project:

Urban Abyss

Just hit up the page and click the music tab

Metal/hard rock/ electronic and hip hopy stuffs
__________________
I AEOXI <-----Click it Like it ....plz
I make music, origami and silly vids :3
UrbanAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #17
Ethalopian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2sas2in
2.5 of 5. Your bassist is kick ass! Digging all his grooves. Ur guitarist is lacking at points, try to get a more solid feel with his abilities (effects, an good recording techniques will help alot). Vocals need more volume on the recordings, and it sound more confident. I know thats hard to pull off with ur style of vocals, but just practice alot. Also work on hitting everynote you sing even if it has the value of an eighth note. Your guys's best asset is definately ur bass.

Your timings are a little off, work on that and u will have better gigs and recordings. Get a more solid recording (dont settle for good enough) and u will sound alot better.


good stuff, we'll keep all that in mind in the future, thanks for giving us some input!
__________________
costanzacantstandya
Ethalopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #18
majesty
Lung Capacity Inspector
 
majesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: toronto,ontario
Hello! I would appreciate some feedback on my band 'Employees Only'
We're a 4 piece who play rock/alternative, and recorded these tracks in a professional home studio.

Our soundcloud is here, https://soundcloud.com/employees-only

Quality is pretty decent, although they are yet to be mixed and mastered.
__________________
majesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
cjb2293
Registered User
 
cjb2293's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Hello, heres my solo project.
www.reverbnation.com/CobretteBardoleMusic

I have both audio and video on there.
__________________
www.CobretteBardoleMusic.com
www.facebook.com/CobretteBardoleMusic

Endorsements/Sponsorships
Cactus Picks
Curt Mangan Strings
cjb2293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #20
meco66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
What you think about these?

meco66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.