Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Promote YOUR Band
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Was your review helpful?
Yes, awsome job bro 3 100.00%
No, u suck 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #21
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostra_cantus
I'd like to hear your opnion about my one man band.My band/hobbie name is Nostra Cantus ( is latim, in portuguese is Nosso Canto and english Our Sing ), the music is available on YT and some of them on 4shared, hope you enjoy.

There's the channel:
Nostra Cantus

Here some music that i recommend it:

Old Ways

Maybe all die later

Ciboney People

PS.: Thank you for do this kind of thing, it's really interesting and cool .Bad english, sorry haha.

1 of 5. I have no idea of where ur coming from in this stuff. Honestly is souss like u were high an just finding some rhythms them progressing them ever so slightly over a few minutes. Learn the sound you want, study other musicians, then try again. Sorry
a2sas2in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #22
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy_cat
Hey man,

would love to hear feedback on my band.

We play indie rock stuff. We're based in Byron Bay Australia.

Our links:

thefamiliars.bandcamp.com

facebook.com/thefamiliarsband?ref=hl

Cheers

Could only find one video, and i wasnt sure it was u guys. Send me a link to a youtube video or something. Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #23
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmems
http://www.facebook.com/greedthecreature

Just posted a song on the wall, check it out?

Metal/metalcore/technical-ish stuff, first song with vocals.
I appreciate it man

4.5 of 5. Great stuff!! I liked ur 'preview' VIII i think? But the new song needs a little refining (clean vocals needed more volume, and transitions werent very smooth). Alot of potential. Hit me up if you guys need anything.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM   #24
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAbyss
Hey dude,

Would definitely love to get your opinion on my project:

Urban Abyss

Just hit up the page and click the music tab

Metal/hard rock/ electronic and hip hopy stuffs

3.5 of 5. Instrumentals all seemed good. when the vocals came in it went terribly south tho. Not a strong enough voice. There are higher voices that have more strength. Kellin Quinn and Vic Fuentes both have high pitch voices, but they are still strong voices. Your vocals are nowhere near that high, and dont have half the power.

Maybe its just an opinion thing, but its hard for me not to be here
Old 03-07-2013, 06:12 PM   #25
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by majesty
Hello! I would appreciate some feedback on my band 'Employees Only'
We're a 4 piece who play rock/alternative, and recorded these tracks in a professional home studio.

Our soundcloud is here, https://soundcloud.com/employees-only

Quality is pretty decent, although they are yet to be mixed and mastered.

5 of 5. Definately the most developed band on this thread yet(in their genre). Cant complain unless you want me to go into things that are just a matter of prefrence. Kudos
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #26
UrbanAbyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2sas2in
3.5 of 5. Instrumentals all seemed good. when the vocals came in it went terribly south tho. Not a strong enough voice. There are higher voices that have more strength. Kellin Quinn and Vic Fuentes both have high pitch voices, but they are still strong voices. Your vocals are nowhere near that high, and dont have half the power.

Maybe its just an opinion thing, but its hard for me not to be here

Thanks for the feedback man! twas much needed
Old 03-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
Markmems

Quote:
4.5 of 5. Great stuff!! I liked ur 'preview' VIII i think? But the new song needs a little refining (clean vocals needed more volume, and transitions werent very smooth). Alot of potential. Hit me up if you guys need anything.

I appreciate it man, we're just starting to release all of our stuff so if you want to help just keep an eye out on the Facebook page for new stuff, maybe share our page to a few friends who might be interested in our style of music

At this point in time we're just trying to gain a following to actually release our music to, yaknow haha?
Markmems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:00 AM   #28
majesty
Lung Capacity Inspector

Quote:
5 of 5. Definately the most developed band on this thread yet(in their genre). Cant complain unless you want me to go into things that are just a matter of prefrence. Kudos

Thank you very much for the kind words! We put a lot of work into writing and recording these tunes so its very satisfying to hear that someone enjoyed them!

Cheers,
Andrew (Lead-Guitarist)
Old 03-08-2013, 03:39 AM   #29
_stalemate_
Erm...Is that you?!

Ask An Adult from Lawrence, KS. Listen to Broseph Stalin, Tightrope, and Bourgeois Pig first. Mike Patton, Dead Kennedy's, Killing Joke influenced.

askanadult.bandcamp.com
reverbnation.com/askanadult
_stalemate_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #30
333dirtbag333

He there,

we're currently workin on our album and have some teasers online

would ya be so kidn to check us out:

www.facebook.com/dirtyheritage
-Dunlop Crybaby From hell
-Randall Rx120D
333dirtbag333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #31
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by meco66
What you think about these?

4.25 of 5. Good quality, good music. Don be afraid to change ur effects u use tho! If ur having trouble getting alot of stomp boxes just get a DigiTech RP355 i have one and its really good for the price.
It seems you have a good grasp on progression (alot people that have posted here didnt in the more 90s genres) kudos. You guys will definately develope well as time goes on.

Definately be intrested in hearing you guys some more. Especially if you get a vocalist.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #32
Mojinosforever

Here is a live recording of our second concert (it's almost one year old). Also, for this song we had a guest bassist (cowriter of the song 2 or 3 years ago) and he kind of messed up in the solo bassline. Not a very good recording or performance but it's always good to know an impartial opinion!
Mojinosforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #33
RisingFeud

Hey there, check out our songs too. They were recorded during our concert so not the BEST quality but oh well, studio recordings will be up soon.

facebook.com/RisingFeud

youtube.com/watch?v=ySsSwJV1JW8
youtube.com/watch?v=hLTu6DgshWc

Looking forward for your review.

Thanks.

Last edited by RisingFeud : 03-08-2013 at 04:34 PM.
RisingFeud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
Bigbazz

What the hell, why not I guess! If you like it, don't be afraid to show your friends and watch this space as we will be touring towards the start of summer.

Band is called Blue Light Ride

Let me know what you think
Bigbazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #35
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojinosforever
Here is a live recording of our second concert (it's almost one year old). Also, for this song we had a guest bassist (cowriter of the song 2 or 3 years ago) and he kind of messed up in the solo bassline. Not a very good recording or performance but it's always good to know an impartial opinion!

2 of 5. Not alot of variety in the song its practically the same riff over and over. Vocals honestly sounded like they were someone mocking your genre. Only reason you had a 2 is because the riff was still pretty catchy :>. Pretty easy fixes, but they make you sound terrible
Old 03-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #36
a2sas2in

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisingFeud
Hey there, check out our songs too. They were recorded during our concert so not the BEST quality but oh well, studio recordings will be up soon.

facebook.com/RisingFeud

youtube.com/watch?v=ySsSwJV1JW8
youtube.com/watch?v=hLTu6DgshWc

Looking forward for your review.

Thanks.

3 of 5. Normally im not one to rag on styles, but the singing is... Uhmmm unique? Guitars paned out well. But drums... Im only saying this because its live, but COME ON! That simple quater note part you had going the whole thing got old after the first minute. Ur supposed to be the guy in the back playing ur ASS off with some crazy shit and just getting down with the music the ENTIRE time. Entire looks funny lol. I hope im not spelling it wrong

PS only watched some of the first link sorry, im just busy:S
Old 03-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #37
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbazz
What the hell, why not I guess! If you like it, don't be afraid to show your friends and watch this space as we will be touring towards the start of summer.

Band is called Blue Light Ride

Let me know what you think

4 of 5. Like the taste of vocals. Intro was wicked, but u guys did some major overkill with it throughout the song. Use synth and stuff less. You guys obviously have some talent with it , Its can be a huge asset, but if you use it too much it just becomes... Bleh. Ya know? Lol if u dont know ill TRY to explain what i mean
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #38
Bigbazz

Quote:
4 of 5. Like the taste of vocals. Intro was wicked, but u guys did some major overkill with it throughout the song. Use synth and stuff less. You guys obviously have some talent with it , Its can be a huge asset, but if you use it too much it just becomes... Bleh. Ya know? Lol if u dont know ill TRY to explain what i mean

I think the point of the song was that it's focussed around the synth melody, so using less synth would defeat the point of it ^^. The idea was to create a progressive blend of melodies and harmonies, intricate timings as polyrhythms over a less obvious and more natural sounding timing. Guitars only used mostly as a supporting sound for the synth and the vocals.

So it's meant to be electronic based, simple and easy to listen to whilst being very progressive and having lots of intricate details in both the rhythm and melody. For me I think we achieved exactly what we were going for with that particular track!

Here is another we did, if you fancy giving me your comments on that one

Always nice to see different (and honest) opinions on the music though and how people percieve it, it helps us as musicians understand how other people are hearing our music and what they would like to hear, so thanks!
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Fender Stratocaster x3 (2 of them built from bits and pieces!)
Old 03-08-2013, 10:05 PM   #39
a2sas2in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbazz
I think the point of the song was that it's focussed around the synth melody, so using less synth would defeat the point of it ^^. The idea was to create a progressive blend of melodies and harmonies, intricate timings as polyrhythms over a less obvious and more natural sounding timing. Guitars only used mostly as a supporting sound for the synth and the vocals.

So it's meant to be electronic based, simple and easy to listen to whilst being very progressive and having lots of intricate details in both the rhythm and melody. For me I think we achieved exactly what we were going for with that particular track!

Here is another we did, if you fancy giving me your comments on that one

Always nice to see different (and honest) opinions on the music though and how people percieve it, it helps us as musicians understand how other people are hearing our music and what they would like to hear, so thanks!

Achieving what you picture the song as being is very important, but theres also the fact that your fans are the ones picking up your CDs and merch from gigs. In my book, fans come first (mainly because im okay with most styles of music not that yours was bad, it was really well done. i just had a few prefrences while listening to it.) and if you want to get big, you will have to take their thought into consideration.

As for the new song... Well first my ears are ringing, so i can hear very well. Bu from what i was able to hear it was really good. It wasnt the repetitive piece of junk music that alot of people are posting. (I really hould be more harsh on some of these bands lol). Honestly i would go (maybe mosh some xD) to a gig with a band as good as you guys.

Good to hear back from someone other thank the usual thanks
Old 03-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #40
Bigbazz

As for getting big though, having already toured a lot and been in 2 signed bands previously, being around music scenes and cultures and the dirty industry I can tell you that getting "big" doesn't really often have a lot to do with musical talent.

As a band over the years I've seen many junk bands who get big because of who they know, who they are related to or because of how they look, whilst i've seen other much more talented (some legendary on the local status) who just didn't make it. I'm 27 now and this is my 3rd band, but mostly the same guys i've been playing music with for the last 10 years and Blue Light Ride is essencially first attempt at doing it properly without any compromise, so the ammount of time and effort we have put into the music, the live set, the right equipment and everything has been massive. And we could get all of that perfect, people could love us and we might still not get anywhere, because there is a whole lot more to making it in the music industry than musical talent, that is only a small part of the whole picture.

Anyway, these are just demos of the band recorded by myself, the drummer does most of the singing though we're looking for a singer to take that place, it's extremely hard to find one talented enough to be able to do the band justice (in other words to do it better than the drummer is already doing it). Finding a singer would be the final piece in the puzzle to allowing us full freedom on the music, because obviously right now we have to try to write music that can be both played and sang at the same time, it limits you!

Anyway, cheers for listening to my tracks!
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Fender Stratocaster x3 (2 of them built from bits and pieces!)

Rate This Thread: