Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #1
ThoriumEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
US Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Guitar Solo - Full HD 1080p - (C4C)

An idea I had for a long time and I finally finished and uploaded it
My Original Arrangement, guitars written and played by me, bass drum and strings written by me and played by the computer.
I would like you to hear the piece entirety, from beginning to end, I hope you enjoy it


__________________
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
ThoriumEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
up
__________________
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
ThoriumEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
up
__________________
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
onemetalhead92
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
i see much improvement from last vids
nice bends and vibrato ^^


C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1592393
__________________
Gear:
-Jackson DK2M [Black]
-Vox Tonelab ST
-Randall RX-15M

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Channel

Cheers \m/ \m/
onemetalhead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #5
plangentmusic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Very nice. Expressive. Good tone. It's hard not to love that melody, eh? I also appreciate that you did the background orchestartion yourself. I do that as well and people don't seem to understand how involved that can be. In many ways, it's more impressive than playing the melody!

My only critique would be that as a solo piece on guitar there can be a lot more chordal assistance-- interplay and voice leading allowing the piece to grow and sustain interest. I did a solo version on bass, which is more limiting, but it'll show what I'm talking about -- not that I'm saying it's superior, just that more can be done.
plangentmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #6
ThoriumEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by plangentmusic
Very nice. Expressive. Good tone. It's hard not to love that melody, eh? I also appreciate that you did the background orchestartion yourself. I do that as well and people don't seem to understand how involved that can be. In many ways, it's more impressive than playing the melody!

My only critique would be that as a solo piece on guitar there can be a lot more chordal assistance-- interplay and voice leading allowing the piece to grow and sustain interest. I did a solo version on bass, which is more limiting, but it'll show what I'm talking about -- not that I'm saying it's superior, just that more can be done.

Wow man! Really like this sound!! What gear did you use?? Really cached my ears! I can even say perfect sound!
And about the playing, i wanted to stay very close to the original on this one, stay close to the melody. Your cover is really awesome. Playing, quality, and sound. But sometimes you can lose the melody.
Thanks for the feedback!


Quote:
Originally Posted by onemetalhead92
i see much improvement from last vids
nice bends and vibrato ^^


C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1592393

Thanks
Watched your video and commented!
__________________
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
plangentmusic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoriumEx
Wow man! Really like this sound!! What gear did you use?? Really cached my ears! I can even say perfect sound!
And about the playing, i wanted to stay very close to the original on this one, stay close to the melody. Your cover is really awesome. Playing, quality, and sound. But sometimes you can lose the melody.
Thanks for the feedback!



Thanks
Watched your video and commented!


Thanks. Yeah, my intent was to state the melody but embellish it along the way. It's just an Ibanez 4 string bass with a little reverb into Garage Band .
plangentmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #8
Big bang theory
Registered User
 
Big bang theory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Thorium very nice bro I like that delayed tone plus when it picks up!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1593398 (Home Phillip Phillips)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1592999 (RHCP Californication)

Check out these covers thanks!
Big bang theory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
ThoriumEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big bang theory
Thorium very nice bro I like that delayed tone plus when it picks up!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1593398 (Home Phillip Phillips)

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1592999 (RHCP Californication)

Check out these covers thanks!

Thanks man, but the links are broken!
__________________
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
ThoriumEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
up
__________________
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
ThoriumEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
up
__________________
ThoriumEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.