Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #1
Dregen
andy, you're a star

flesh wounds (post-hardcore/breakcore)[GP6] C4C

sorry that this is only GP6. i attempted to convert to GP5 but really it sounds like shit on it. i would appreciate if someone with GP6 could give this a listen and tell me how it sounds.

probably the most fast paced song i've put on here. i don't know the genre so i took a stab at it, if anyone could tell me what they think this is that would be great lol. once again, drums are a main focal point.

C4C. just post a crit or whether you liked it or not. and also a link to your song. thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx flesh wounds.gpx (73.0 KB, 183 views)
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
BloodReverence

srsly, every song sounds like shit on GP5. my bet is that 95% of the people here do not have GP6, so just upload it in GP5 so we can give crit. we aren't going to focus on how GP sounds, we're going to focus on how the melodies/harmonies/rhythms sound compositionally
BloodReverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
Magnificoamar

If you recorded this song, I would most likely buy that. Sounds wicked dude!

come on guys, this could be great for Portnoy; remember when Neil Peart left Rush to join My Chemical Romance? Oh...wait...
Magnificoamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #4
Ometh
nobody

Holy shit, I just gave this a quick listen. I... wow.
Ok, now the actual crit. I love the first riff and chord progression too. The first thing I noticed was the bass, playing some unusal high-ish chords that give it an almost synthy sound. The drums are nuts, and contrast so well with the soft, sweet progression. Short drum break, with some tasty bass chords showcasing some interest melodies. They re-enter with quite a different beat, really love how complex they are. The little chord/tap doodle at 24 is great. This is one tasty progression, I can't stress that enough. It gets more melancholic at 28, lovely. Really love the distant reverb guitar in the transition. The next section feature some more nice riffing and some tasty snare rolls. The hammer ons starting at 40 are lovely, and I really like how they start ringing out when the guitar chords come in, that's a nice touch. The harmonized bit at 47 is soo sweet. And holy shit this ending. I love how everything just loses momentum to give place for a really atmospheric and gorgeous section. I swear to god I'm going to rub my dick on this ending, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Overall 8/10. There's nothing I can't complain: it's pretty spotless. The progressions are gorgeous, the drums are fantastic, and overall is one hell of a piece. I even like the GP6 production, specially towards the end.
You can choose between these two to crit back: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591449 or http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591302 or do them both if you're really great. I'll obv owe you a crit that way, but I don't mind it tbh
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Dregen
andy, you're a star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodReverence
srsly, every song sounds like shit on GP5. my bet is that 95% of the people here do not have GP6, so just upload it in GP5 so we can give crit. we aren't going to focus on how GP sounds, we're going to focus on how the melodies/harmonies/rhythms sound compositionally

i'm aware of this, it's just that some of the composition relies on effects. when i say sounds like shit, i mean it sounds messy and cluttered despite toying with it for awhile. there's also not a whole lot of room for dynamics (not volume, tone color) and heavy reverb type stuff in GP5. and how i have the drums set up with compression and gates so i can do "glitches" is something i can't do in GP5. trust me, i would've put up a GP5 just like my last one that had GP6, but how it sounds on there actually does detract a lot from the song. i'd rather have a few listen to it and hear it as intended because i feel people can give me a more accurate indication of how i'm doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificoamar
If you recorded this song, I would most likely buy that. Sounds wicked dude!

thanks haha. i need to learn how to program better in ableton first though. then i need to learn all of the guitar parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Holy shit, I just gave this a quick listen. I... wow.
Ok, now the actual crit. I love the first riff and chord progression too. The first thing I noticed was the bass, playing some unusal high-ish chords that give it an almost synthy sound. The drums are nuts, and contrast so well with the soft, sweet progression. Short drum break, with some tasty bass chords showcasing some interest melodies. They re-enter with quite a different beat, really love how complex they are. The little chord/tap doodle at 24 is great. This is one tasty progression, I can't stress that enough. It gets more melancholic at 28, lovely. Really love the distant reverb guitar in the transition. The next section feature some more nice riffing and some tasty snare rolls. The hammer ons starting at 40 are lovely, and I really like how they start ringing out when the guitar chords come in, that's a nice touch. The harmonized bit at 47 is soo sweet. And holy shit this ending. I love how everything just loses momentum to give place for a really atmospheric and gorgeous section. I swear to god I'm going to rub my dick on this ending, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Overall 8/10. There's nothing I can't complain: it's pretty spotless. The progressions are gorgeous, the drums are fantastic, and overall is one hell of a piece. I even like the GP6 production, specially towards the end.
You can choose between these two to crit back: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591449 or http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1591302 or do them both if you're really great. I'll obv owe you a crit that way, but I don't mind it tbh

really appreciate the rundown dude. i'll get you a crit back sometime soon.

Last edited by Dregen : 03-07-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Dregen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: