Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
SomeRandomCrack

Ibanez RG blueprint?

Does anybody know of a blueprint on the internet for any RG related Ibanez models?

I.e. JPM100, JEM777, or just regular Ibanez RG

I have templates for the RG I'm building.... But a template doesn't tell me how deep to route everything.

It would be very helpful to me if someone could find blueprints for an RG, or if someone who has experience building RG-type guitars could just straight-up tell me the measurements for how deep to cut the routes.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on pickups and then figure out I routed too deep or too shallow.... That would suck.

If anybody has any information regarding routing depth on Ibanez RG guitars, please reply.
SomeRandomCrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
ohaple

Jemsite has some blueprints for various models of ibanez'
ohaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
SomeRandomCrack

For some reason I "don't have permission" to view the blueprints from Jemsite. I made an account and verified it and everything just to see if that was the issue.... It says I don't have permission to view the blueprints they have for a JEM 777. If anybody has access to the blueprint and can put it on another website or something and link it, that'd be very helpful.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
ohaple

http://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...MBubgyQGKloHYAg

A google image search came up with lots of results, including some side views outlining depths.
ohaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
SomeRandomCrack

Oh thank you! For some reason every time I tried a google search for RG blueprint it would just give me the Jemsite one that I could not access.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Suitable

If you route too deep you can just put springs on the screws under the pick ups. should do this anyway to get the perfect height to string ratio. Another option.
Suitable is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: