User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #1
manikmunky

FS/FT: ESP Ltd F-400 FM

UK gear ad:

Hey guys, selling or trading the following:

ESP Ltd F 400 FM In transparent black, this is the discontinued model with the full tribal inlay on the fretboard.

I really like the guitar, but haven't managed to "click" with it, it might be the active pickups or the shape. My other guitars are all passive pickups etc. Maybe the guitar is just too metal for me

About the guitar (Taken from an online description):

The ESP LTD F-400FM electric guitar plays amazingly in tune and has a host of top-end appointments for a relatively paltry price. Set thru-body neck, mahogany body with flamed maple top, and custom tribal graphics inlay. This ESP LTD is nicely equipped with EMG-81 active pickups, an Earvana compensated nut for pinpoint intonation, tune-o-matic string-thru bridge, and Grover tuners. The neck is 3-piece maple with 24 XJ frets and a 25-1/2"-scale length

Spec:

Set-thru neck construction

25.5 scale.

Mahogany body with flamed maple top.

3-piece maple neck.

Rosewood fingerboard.

Custom tribal inlays.

EMG 81 active pickups - Sound great, just not my style!

Volume & tone controls w/3-way toggle.

Great looking and high quality black hardware.

Grover tuners.

Earvana Compensated Nut - Tunes really well, and stays that way!

Tune-o-matic bridge with string-thru-body.

24 XJ frets.

It sounds great and plays really nicely. I took a bunch of pictures while it was unstrung and I've just put a new set of D'Addario XL Nickel Wound 10-46 on it.

The transparent black finish on this looks great and the tribal inlays really set it off.

Mine has a couple of very light scratches that I can't photograph and a tiny dink/scratch on the top edge of the neck (top/closest when playing) that's barely noticible, and doesn't affect playability or anything else. I've tried to photograph it, it of course looks worse in pictures. There is also a small break in the truss rod cover, when it was removed for a truss rod adjustment it seemed the bottom left corner of it had set in to the glue from the nut. It could easily be glued but I haven't felt the need to. It's perfect apart from that.

Price new was 650 to 700 in online stores and RRP was 799 afaik. The guitar is discontinued, and there isn't one in the F range with the same features at the moment.

I would say its trade value is around the 500 mark, I'd take 450 to sell.

For trades, I'm open to consider most things to be honest. Although guitars (electric) only at the moment and I'm not a huge fan of Strat/SuperStrat/Soloist shapes. For the right guitar I'd consider part-ex either way (my guitar+cash for yours or your guitar+cash for mine)

I'm in Maidstone, Kent.

Happy to meet to trade/sell or send it if you cover p&p. I have some heavy duty boxes and packaging at the moment.

PM me or post here with questions etc.

Pictures:
Front
Back

Gallery, lots of pictures, some of the scratch/dink on the neck as mentioned.
Gallery link (Imageshack)
manikmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #2
manikmunky

Bump, still up for sale or trade.

Cheers!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #3
manikmunky

Price drop: 400 or make an offer.

I'm going up to the Oxford area this weekend, can also arrange free delivery in the SE or London (distance within reason)

Still open to trades, might part exchange this on Friday if there's no interest.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
eddiehimself
Call me EH, eh?

I've been looking for one of these since I sold my old one back in 2008. Wish I had the money

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
eddiehimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
manikmunky

Final bump. This will get part-exchanged against a new guitar tomorrow morning if there are no last minute offers (cash or trade!)
Old 03-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
manikmunky

No longer available

Rate This Thread: