Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
introvert10

Feedback problem

So, here's the thing. I run a Balckstar HT20 thru an Orange PPC212. All 3 of my guitars have decided to feedback like mad the last couple of days. I have a Gibson Les Paul studio, a Fender Strat, and a Schecter C1 Hellraiser.

With all of the guitars seemingly being fine until just a few days ago, and my amp being only about 6 months old (cabinet only 1 month), I'm stumped at why there is so much feedback. The only way to stop the feedback is to lower the gain to under 3 and have the volume way down...not loud enough.

I've tried the usual "standing further away" solution, but even standing in another bedroom (about 15' away) doesn't even help.

The painful noise will subside if I have my hand on the strings which would seemingly mean a grounding issue with the guitar. But all 3 guitars, with 3 completely different types of pickups, react the exact same way.

I thought it may be my pedals, but unplugged everything I run through and went straight into the amp...still squealing feeback.

Any ideas?

Thanks
introvert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Sounds like a microphonic tube. Try tapping each tube with a pencil eraser to find the noisiest one.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by W4RP1G
Sounds like a microphonic tube. Try tapping each tube with a pencil eraser to find the noisiest one.

Agreed, was going to post the exact same thing.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: