I judge them based on their fagginess
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:12 PM   #43
losing battle
UG's Gummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Porch monkey.

Were taking it back! Porch Monkey's for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFromTheVoid
I don't want to be under 16 again, though if a sexy horse wondered into my room I'd have a hard time saying neigh
losing battle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #44
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerpleaz
I always try not to judge people, but the cop thing is kind of a weird one for me. I don't hate all police, but I think choosing to go into a career where you put yourself into a position of arbitrary authority above others says something about a person.

I don't think legal authority is "arbitrary". Nor is being in authority over other people peculiar to law enforcement (in fact, anyone who's not the bottom of the pile in a company has authority over others).

Nor is having authority over others the largest or even most definitive part of law enforcement.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #45
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by losing battle
Were taking it back! Porch Monkey's for life!

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Add me on Facebook

Soundcloud
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #46
Good Ol' Ramos
UG Newbie

We all have to.Our brains are built to constantly take in data and make sense of it so as to be able to do something with that data.

I can tell from clothing styles who is most likely to be, poor, a hunter, a pot smoker, a restaurant worker, a person with aggressive tendencies, so on. We wear ourselves on our sleeves more than we realize, which makes the superficial judgment easier. It's all after observing similar looks over and over again exhibit the same behavior. I'm hard-pressed to find someone that wears a Bass Pro Shops hoodie who doesn't hunt or fish.

Then I look to myself. If you all saw me today, had never seen a word come from my mind, what would you judge me as?
Attached Images

Last edited by Good Ol' Ramos : 03-20-2013 at 02:27 PM.
Good Ol' Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #47
blake1221
‭‭

I need that shirt so it can chill in my closet forever.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #48
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

I'm normally very good at not judging people by those things, but teenagers are testing my patience lately. Lately every time I have to be on public transit with them and look at their shitty clothes and shitty hair and shitty faces and hear them talk about shitty things, I judge them as being the shittiest things in the world.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #49
guitarxo
UG Senior Member

I judge people based on their appearance/whether they look like they take care of themselves

RIP ;c
guitarxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #50
Good Ol' Ramos
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarxo
I judge people based on their appearance/whether they look like they take care of themselves

Yeah if a person is completely careless in their appearance, there's a high likelihood they're careless with either themselves or their lives.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #51
stratman_13
tick tick bump

I like to think that I'm a very open-minded person.

But if I said I didn't judge people I would be lying. But it's usually not on superficial shit.

I don't care what your avatar is, I don't care what your signature says, I don't care if you don't take the time to properly write out a post. All I really care about is what you say, or how you act.

As far as not on the internet, I refuse to pass judgement on people until I've met them personally or know them. Because the other route is incredibly pig-headed and slightly condescending.

Each year that passes rings you inwardly with memory and might. Wield your heart, and the world will tremble.
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
TV-Casualty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Ol' Ramos
Then I look to myself. If you all saw me today, had never seen a word come from my mind, what would you judge me as?

A dude who listens to bands I've never heard of, drinks recreationally, smokes weed semi-regularly, used to skate but doesn't anymore, and plays bass in a band with his buddies for fun and doesn't take it too seriously. Generally laid back and easy going.
TV-Casualty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:02 PM   #53
captainsnazz
wow

Quote:

A potential future member of Four Year Strong.

That's a wonderful thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnkenneth
Dubstep: It's a combination of Dub music and Step music

Ego Sig
captainsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #54
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
Yeah if a person is completely careless in their appearance, there's a high likelihood they're careless with either themselves or their lives.

It depends if you're looking at them as being careless with their appearance, or not caring too much about how they appear to others.

"Careless" to me implies they should care or that it important, hence I'm assuming why you think there would be careless with their lives, but that's an immediate application of your own standards. Not taking care of your appearance may say something about a person (what things they set importance on or care about) but to say it shows a general sweeping carelessness about their lives is a pretty massive generalisation.

Hippies for example might give little care to their appearance, but very famously do care about a lot of things and take great care in how they live their lives. Similarly someone very sporty or active might not take of their appearance in being happy to go around in joggers or basic practical clothes, but again very obviously take great care of themselves.

As I said in an earlier post; appearance might say a lot about them, but be aware it might not be what you think it shows.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #55
Bob_Sacamano
dreamy dancer

Not usually, I do sometimes (like if someone's wearing Beats I'll probably think they're a bit unintelligent) but I almost never treat someone differently because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirvanaLuvr16
I didn't know there were black people in the UK, until recently

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Bob_Sacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #56
Good Ol' Ramos
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV-Casualty
A dude who listens to bands I've never heard of, drinks recreationally, smokes weed semi-regularly, used to skate but doesn't anymore, and plays bass in a band with his buddies for fun and doesn't take it too seriously. Generally laid back and easy going.

lol, it was rhetorical, but the responses are funny.

I do enjoy bands that aren't too popular... heck, I've been a fan of Coheed for about 10 years. I do drink and smoke plenty, I actually used to BMX bike (but I don't anymore), and I play bass when jamming with my buddies, but it's nothing serious. I'm mostly a guitarist trying to get in with other musicians that actually know what they're doing so I can start playing live.

I'm a pretty laid back and easy going guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsnazz
A potential future member of Four Year Strong.

That's a wonderful thing

Are you hitting on me?

I think so... I hope so.

But anywho, with those two responses, ya see how judging based on appearances isn't the most illogical thing to do?
Old 03-20-2013, 03:27 PM   #57
Zox
Dwarf Shortage

Yes, of course.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #58
Burgery
scatterbrain

Location: an outward projected image of a pokémon centre for the soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
It depends if you're looking at them as being careless with their appearance, or not caring too much about how they appear to others.

"Careless" to me implies they should care or that it important, hence I'm assuming why you think there would be careless with their lives, but that's an immediate application of your own standards. Not taking care of your appearance may say something about a person (what things they set importance on or care about) but to say it shows a general sweeping carelessness about their lives is a pretty massive generalisation.

Hippies for example might give little care to their appearance, but very famously do care about a lot of things and take great care in how they live their lives. Similarly someone very sporty or active might not take of their appearance in being happy to go around in joggers or basic practical clothes, but again very obviously take great care of themselves.

As I said in an earlier post; appearance might say a lot about them, but be aware it might not be what you think it shows.

this nigga right here
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:28 PM   #59
T00DEEPBLUE
UG's Towel

Location: Where people steal things and call cigarettes, 'Ciggys'
I like to think that i have an open mind.

If someone says something that is genuinely out of line, i will tell that that it is wrong, but i fully endorse people having the freedom to be whoever they want.

(´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
sounds more nasal than jack sniffing an ass
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #60
Jehuty
UG's Fingerpicker

Although I like to think of myself as open minded, there's also no doubt in my mind that I'm quite judgemental at times. In all fairness tough, someone's appearance, way they speak and even their little mannerisms tell quite a lot about a person. I try my best however not to let these ideas intrude on the way I interact with them.

Rate This Thread: