Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #1
darioutichi

Tab Removal?!? - help my dignity

Hi guys,

This is my first thread, but I really could do with your help! When I was probably about 16 I wrote a terrible song on my guitar with the unfortunate title 'Jerk'... anyway, at that age I thought it was amazing and tabbed it out and uploaded it on the internet. Seeing as it was so long ago I don't remember the specific site which I uploaded it on, but when I search on the internet it seems to be on a number of different tab sites.

I am now 24 and practicing to be a graphic designer. This tab is becoming quite an annoyance in search engines, as I have such a unique name it couldn't possibly be another Dario Utichi... and quite frankly makes me look a bit.. awkward.

Anyway to the point, I want to try and delete this tab from the internet all together but when contacting most of these tab sites I get no reply, I wondered if anyone had any thoughts or ideas on how I can get rid of it, here are a few links to the culprits...

[forbidden link]

[forbidden link]

[forbidden link]

[forbidden link]

I know these aren't specifically on 'Ultimate Guitar' but was hoping you might know a way!

Thank you so much!
Dario
darioutichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
darioutichi

Old 03-21-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
skilly1

Lol, I just found it on azchords, there no lyrics, just tabbed notation so you shouldn't be too bothered, but who's gona no how it goes, or is it just upto your own interpretation :-)
skilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
darioutichi

well.. thank you for the mockery but that doesn't help!!

how do I get rid :/ and why is it on so many different tab sites?!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
skilly1

Sorry dude, I couldn't resist, I feel your pain bro, I don't know how you get rid, your best to pm the mod here, theyl probably know more, I just noticed one of my tabs on another site but I only posted it here, recently aswell
skilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #6
nelliewilson

Sadly, it will not be removed. Try contacting the sites administrator but they aren't going to remove it. Getting into the database and deleting a file could screw up their database. They might remove your name from the tab. That's all.
nelliewilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:16 AM   #7
darioutichi

I have tried contacting a number of webmasters via contact buttons on various sites but I never get a reply, even just removing my name or changing it to something generic would be great. but no one ever seems to reply to me.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:29 AM   #8
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat

why do you care so much about your song. it's as if your life is depending on it. spend your time on something more useful.

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:49 AM   #9
darioutichi

My life doesn't depend on it, but my career might...

I just want them to stop appearing in search results really. that's all.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:45 AM   #10
DON CZARSKI

Unfortunately there is absolutely no chance at all of getting it removed from every website out there... Even if you succeed at one site by contacting the administrator of it you will not be able to have it removed from all of them.... Once something goes on the Internet it ison there forever for anyone to find and see... And like someone else stated even if you only put a tab on this site the other guitar websites will also get hold of your tab and put it on theirs as well....
I do not believe anyone can help you in this matter.... So just try and forget about it and move on...
Sounds as if you are worried because a prospective employer or girlfriend or someone on your enemies list will find this information offensive and cost you a job, relationship, etc....
Sorry but this is a good lesson to anyone who wants to place information on the Internet...

I just did a google search for your name...seems like almost everywhere I go to has someone giving the finger... If I were you I'd be more worried about that then some guitar tab entitled "jerk"

Last edited by DON CZARSKI : 03-31-2014 at 08:48 AM.
DON CZARSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
darioutichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON CZARSKI
Sorry but this is a good lesson to anyone who wants to place information on the Internet...

I just did a google search for your name...seems like almost everywhere I go to has someone giving the finger... If I were you I'd be more worried about that then some guitar tab entitled "jerk"

A strong lesson, one I didn't care for when I was 14 or whatever.

Ironically, the photos of people flipping the finger IS my work. haha. the Tab removal is more to do with being a perfectionist and also a way to focus search results on my work and things related to my work, rather than something from my teens, which was like 10 years ago. its hard explain, and probably harder to understand.

Thank you for your help regardless!!!

Rate This Thread: