Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Do you like Ultimate-Guitar?
Yes indeedy do. 60 36.14%
No diddly dont. 19 11.45%
More like Ultimate-Gaytar. 45 27.11%
A knob is TS. 42 25.30%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 PM   #41
Eastwinn
the body electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
and the tabs section. everything else is shite.

i forgot about tabs cause i never use them. it's not that the quality of the average tab is superb, but this place has the most which counts for a lot when you listen to shit besides led zeppelin and the white stripes.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #42
Assid Rane
negro plz

Mods are pricks. Tabs are okay.
Thank God Carmel is gone
Assid Rane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #43
DisarmGoliath
Disarms Goliaths

Carmel isn't gone. And thank you for your sweeping generalisation, you truly are an ass

Music Stuff

Facebook - Website - YouTube

DisarmGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:12 AM   #44
Joshua Garcia
Mr. Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assid Rane
Mods are pricks. Tabs are okay.
Thank God Carmel is gone

What's wrong with the mods?
Or Carmel?

Seriously? Where are all these negative opinions about the UG community coming from? Our mods have a sense of humor, which is freaking awesome. And they usually do a pretty good job at what they do.

And most of the users aren't bad or anything. You just let their opinions get to you, which is a pretty bad thing to do. The only thing one can argue about would be about the joking, non-seriousness people post in the pit. And even then, there's more serious places all over the internet to go to should you not like that.

Most likely change it from living to dead
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #45
Assid Rane
negro plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
Carmel isn't gone. And thank you for your sweeping generalisation, you truly are an ass

Assid Rane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #46
soulflyV
Oh so unprofessional!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Garcia
-Pretty sure that's the single most stupidest thing I've heard all day. But if you insist, I'd love to see some proof of that incredibly random assumption.

-I have no idea what tabs you're looking at, but I'm sure you aren't looking at enough. Good tabs are actually usually always accepted, while dumb tabs usually get denied because either 10 other versions are already posted, or hardly any effort was put into it. I spend more time in the Approval Queue than I should an I rarely see any good tabs get rejected.

I would like to add that almost all the terrible tabs I have come across were uploaded to the site before the user approval system was integrated. The user approval system weeds out a lot of the bad tabs but not all of them.
soulflyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #47
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!

I don't like the news articles with misleading titles, or the ones that blow trivial things out of proportion. Also, I don't like how you have to log in to download Guitar Pro tabs and Powertabs.

Apart from that it's all good. I only use it for The Pit. Can't complain about the people here as that is not something inherent to the design of the website.

I like how contributors get no ads.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #48
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

i only go on the forum

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #49
The Madcap
Classical Guitarist

Love the Pit. Look at tabs for chords and stuff once in a rare blue moon.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2009, 2010, 2011 & 2012 (I know, at this point it's sad).
Voted UG's best Male dresser 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashtasic15
Ahem, no offense to any of the fags mentioned.
The Madcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #50
mystical_1
**** it

I've saved thousands of dollars on guitar lessons and learned countless songs over the years, here.

I owe most of what I know about guitar to UG and its contributors. Nothing is perfect, sometimes you have to wean out the crap, but that's to be expected, and it actually helps in the learning process being able to discern the good from the bad.

There are a lot of good dudes in here. They know who they are. I for one, appreciate them and love UG.

mystical_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #51
StreetLight3989

No, this place is horrible. You're all terrible people.
StreetLight3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #52
Colohue
UG Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
You're an idiot. I distinctly remember you (or someone like you) in site feedback ranting about this and everyone proved you wrong.

You're basically saying, "UG charges people to look at my tabs". That's false. Your tabs are there and can be accessed/viewed for free. UG charges people to use their TabPro software, which displays user submitted content in a different format.

Regardless of whether you can accept that or not, by submitting something to UG you are agreeing to UG's terms, which is that all user-submitted content becomes property of the site. If you don't like it, tough tits. Stop submitting content then.Tabs are often rejected for:

A - being shit. Users are involved in the tab approval process. If they vote to deny the tab, it won't be approved. If nobody votes for or against it, it's usually approved unless:

B - there's plenty of pre-existing tabs for that song and your tab isn't significantly different enough to warrant a new tab. I know how this works. There was a song on UG that had a bunch of tabs, but every single one of them had the intro wrong. So I submitted a new tab, and it was denied. I asked why, showing video proof that my tab was right and was the way the band played it, and I was told that since there were so many tabs for the song already I should just submit it as a correction on the existing tabs.

C - it's an unsigned artist/really small unknown independent artist. Unsigned artists have to have their tabs submitted under Miscellaneous Artists or something like that. Independent artists on smaller labels and whatnot have to have proof of label backing in the tab (a link to the label's site or something) in order to be approved. It especially happens when the tab is for an artist that doesn't exist on UG yet. I had a few tabs denied because the artists weren't on UG yet. I resubmitted with some evidence, and boom, they were approved.

Try to view things objectively. Instead of getting all pissy and making passive-aggressive comments that are out of place, you should spend more time in the "Where's My Tab" thread. I know you're familiar with it.

I'm willing to bet most of your tabs were denied for one or more of the reasons above.How big of a moron does one have to be for one to voluntarily hang around places that they so actively dislike without having a real reason to be there?

Not actually the same guy as far as I recall, but yes, the money making reference isn't concerning the mod community at all. It's about the office, the Russians and zappp. The site is funded by user generated content, but the idea about not giving notice or permission is ludicrous. UG don't go into your computer and steal your tabs; you submit them, and agree to having them used however UG wishes within the confines of a limited licence.

I'm still here for certain people. I also find certain people horrendously offensive, but it's good for work reasons for me to stick about a bit longer.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
Colohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:24 PM   #53
muffinduck01
UG's BBW Lover

The Pit is like my extended family. Sure, I hate some of you, and am indifferent to most (like my real family) but the ones I love are awesome.

I just wish the Pit didn't have a million "Only" threads. The pit was much more spontaneous before they started showing up, and now some threads (Like the gaming and chat threads) seem like cliquey circle jerks that are hard to become a part of.

Other than that, Never change Pit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
muffinduck01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #54
Sir-Shredalot
Banned

I think the pit reflects the evolution of the internet

early days.. oh... hello... is anyone here?! Hi nice to meet you

to WTFBBQCHZBRGERLULZ

and now a mixture of both
Sir-Shredalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #55
Random3
Likes Satchurated fat.

It's good, that's why I use it. Frequently use the tabs and a few of the forums, as well as the news stories. Very rarely use the profiles or lessons or anything.

There are a few cool people on the forums. But most of you guys are dicks.
Random3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #56
Holy Katana
Anarcho-Awesomist

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinduck01
The Pit is like my extended family. Sure, I hate some of you, and am indifferent to most (like my real family) but the ones I love are awesome.

I just wish the Pit didn't have a million "Only" threads. The pit was much more spontaneous before they started showing up, and now some threads (Like the gaming and chat threads) seem like cliquey circle jerks that are hard to become a part of.

Other than that, Never change Pit.

That. Depending on the thread, you've gotta post a whole lot before anyone actually gives a shit about you.

And yes, I'm including the Anime Thread in this. We probably have one of the highest barriers to entry, actually.

Tumblr
Beer Tumblr
Last.fm
Soundcloud

PSN: rhizomaticnomad
Steam: HolyKatana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
[...] well-contoured females [...]
Holy Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #57
jaybsp

I can't even remember how I got onto the forums. I like it though, I think the mods in particular are pretty good compared to other forums which are quite serious.
jaybsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #58
Darron_dot

I love the lessons here, because I believe they have helped me grow as a musician.
Darron_dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #59
Somekid94
Dingus

Its a good site. Just most people on the forums don't seem all too fond of me.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #60
Philip_pepper
UG Wanker

Everything is shite and everyone is a wanking knobhead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: