Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-23-2013, 01:25 PM   #21
angusfan16
butts

I've been wanting to play this pretty badly again. I bought it when it first came out, played for a few hours, nearly had an aneurysm out of pure rage, and then returned it.
Originally Posted by indierockker102
angusfan suck on your dads dick you ****ing shit head
angusfan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #22
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
So, no bonfires in New Londo Ruins eh.
Pretty sure i'm right at the Four Kings boss door, but I don't think i'm prepared for it.

Edit: Well **** me. I walked off the stairs and died. Wtf is this.
Edit2: Well, **** these guys. First Dark Souls rage quit.

I quit for like two weeks right at the same spot as you
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #23
institutions
i ply base

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
2 things -

1) if you don't equip the abysswalker ring or whatever it's called from Sif, you insta-die.

2) keeping attacking the kings as they go through their dying animation - it still takes hp from the big bar, and that's the one that counts.

Also, if you're really struggling, Witch Beatrice's summon is nearby if you used her against Moonlight Butterfly

Yeah I got that. I actually did better my first time fighting without Beatrice and with only 4 estus flasks than I did this last time with her and with 8.

I think it's just come down to me needing to grind shit to build up a faster weapon. I can't do this with my one-handed zweihander. I can't kill one before the next shows up and I end up getting swarmed by like 4 at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
I quit for like two weeks right at the same spot as you

So hard

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, rocksmith 2014
institutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #24
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Yeah I got that. I actually did better my first time fighting without Beatrice and with only 4 estus flasks than I did this last time with her and with 8.

I think it's just come down to me needing to grind shit to build up a faster weapon. I can't do this with my one-handed zweihander. I can't kill one before the next shows up and I end up getting swarmed by like 4 at a time.

So hard

Try buffing your weapon with charcoal pine resin and two handing it. The Zwei is a good weapon but since the kings have infinite poise it's not a good choice since the Zwei sacrifices DPS for the chance to knock people around with it.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #25
beefcake122
no fun.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #26
Chris3235
Its soo easssssay

Quote:

So hard

Why don't you summon other people to help you? the summon signs are normally right at the start of new londo. I summoned one other person to help me and did it first time without knowing what was gonna happen

That was with full havel armour with a large club +15.

Gear:

Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

http://www.youtube.com/user/CTTrist
You know you like Covers
Chris3235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #27
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3235
Why don't you summon other people to help you? the summon signs are normally right at the start of new londo. I summoned one other person to help me and did it first time without knowing what was gonna happen

sometimes summons work against you on the four kings because the 4 kings gain hp for it
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #28
loose bowels
You left me...

Not played this in a couple of months (I was getting a bit obsessive and not really doing anything else). Last place I was at is the castle filled with snake men.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:46 PM   #29
institutions
i ply base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3235

I don't have XBL.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, rocksmith 2014
institutions is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #30
Scissortooth

I've been playing Dark Souls A LOT recently. Not really even touched tomb raider. I've made a female dex/int build and I have my first character who is about level 150. He's mainly a tank. The Black Knight greatsword can be brutal for PVP. If you two hand that and land a hit, you can stun lock almost anybody and follow up with a couple more hits

I've been trying to figure out more of the story. The chaos people are interesting to me. I got kirks armor near the spider lady who is quelaags sister? If you join the covenant you give her humanity. so does kirk always invade you because he is gathering humanity for her?
Scissortooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #31
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

This might be of interest to some of you:

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #32
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty

H-h-h-hey guys? I like Dark Souls too!
please dont shun me

I just got to NG+ for the first time. I'm using a SL125 Dex/Faith hybrid with lots of endurance, mainly targeted at PvP. Which is incredibly fun, by the way. For me, it makes the PvE seem boring sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
cho0onger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #33
Smeghead64
I wanna be a boat

I just started the dlc. Gone for a full dex build with the lifehunt scythe and all the blood resist gear I could find. Im loving the scythe but its risky because I can be killed in one hit by some things.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #34
Scissortooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho0onger
H-h-h-hey guys? I like Dark Souls too!
please dont shun me

I just got to NG+ for the first time. I'm using a SL125 Dex/Faith hybrid with lots of endurance, mainly targeted at PvP. Which is incredibly fun, by the way. For me, it makes the PvE seem boring sometimes.

Awesome. What miracles do you use? My tank build currently has 30 faith. I use sunlight blade, wrath of the gods and magic barrier at the moment. Might swap magic barrier for another wraith of the gods or a healing miracle. I'm starting to realize how annoying I must be in PVP
Scissortooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #35
King Twili
UG's Constable

From what I've heard the game was only hard because of a punishing/terrible control set up.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #36
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty

I use the Great Scythe sometimes. With Halberd class weapons, you have to make sure your swings always connect with something, or they get that stagger animation which is measured in ice ages. It'll always leave you open to counterattacks.

EDIT: @ the lifehunt scythe guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissortooth
Awesome. What miracles do you use? My tank build currently has 30 faith. I use sunlight blade, wrath of the gods and magic barrier at the moment. Might swap magic barrier for another wraith of the gods or a healing miracle. I'm starting to realize how annoying I must be in PVP

I use Sunlight Blade, Wrath, and Greater Lightning Spear. The Spears are really only good in PvE, but when you do hit a player with them it does do a shitton of damage even through guards. Healing miracles are pretty overrated, their animation is even longer than the humanity-pop animation. You'll get backstabbed 9/10 times. I'll probably also put another stack of wrath in there, but I didn't save Rhea on my first playthrough.

EDIT2: 30 faith here too

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat

Last edited by cho0onger : 03-23-2013 at 07:02 PM.
cho0onger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #37
Darron_dot

The pvp is one of my favorite things about this game. Probably one of my favorite gaming experiences.
Darron_dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #38
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Twili
From what I've heard the game was only hard because of a punishing/terrible control set up.

hell no

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #39
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissortooth
I've been playing Dark Souls A LOT recently. Not really even touched tomb raider. I've made a female dex/int build and I have my first character who is about level 150. He's mainly a tank. The Black Knight greatsword can be brutal for PVP. If you two hand that and land a hit, you can stun lock almost anybody and follow up with a couple more hits

I've been trying to figure out more of the story. The chaos people are interesting to me. I got kirks armor near the spider lady who is quelaags sister? If you join the covenant you give her humanity. so does kirk always invade you because he is gathering humanity for her?

yes, kirk used to be a darkwraith but then he joined the chaos covenant. he's the only npc in the game in the covenant other than perhaps quelaag herself but there's no dialogue to confirm that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Twili

your friends must be idiots then
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #40
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

so if kirk is in the chaos servant covenant when he invades you why is shown as "darkwraith kirk"? how is he invading without the red eye orb from being a dark wraith? (aside from cracked orbs I guess..)

that's confusing me

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: