User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #41
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_J_B_B
so if kirk is in the chaos servant covenant when he invades you why is shown as "darkwraith kirk"? how is he invading without the red eye orb from being a dark wraith? (aside from cracked orbs I guess..)

that's confusing me

he was a darkwraith, that's how he has the red orbs. he is now a chaos servant

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/kirk-knight-of-thorns
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:34 AM   #42
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
he was a darkwraith, that's how he has the red orbs. he is now a chaos servant

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/kirk-knight-of-thorns

just seemed weird to me that he's called Darkwraith Kirk but that does make sense since you're using a DW item to invade...

does he have any connection in the lore to the white witch?

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:03 AM   #43
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_J_B_B
just seemed weird to me that he's called Darkwraith Kirk but that does make sense since you're using a DW item to invade...

does he have any connection in the lore to the white witch?

if by the white witch you mean the fair lady, then the only connection is the same one the player can have, which is by joining the covenant. nothing else is expressed in the game regarding kirk
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #44
guitarage
UG Newbie

Been trying to defeat Ornstein and Smough on NG+ and I've refused to spend as much time levelling up on this playthrough, so much rage
guitarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #45
naedauuf

I've only faced them four times. 2 when I first got to them I died, then engaged in jolly coop with another player and won the third time. Second time was the time I faced them with another character than the first, I just went with coop straight from the start.

It just seems WAY too frustrating to solo. I mean the singular last form would be easy I think, Ornstein is easy as hell to dodge, but it when there are two of them that's the problem for me. Haven't tried NG+ though. All times were on just NG.

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #46
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
I've only faced them four times. 2 when I first got to them I died, then engaged in jolly coop with another player and won the third time. Second time was the time I faced them with another character than the first, I just went with coop straight from the start.

It just seems WAY too frustrating to solo. I mean the singular last form would be easy I think, Ornstein is easy as hell to dodge, but it when there are two of them that's the problem for me. Haven't tried NG+ though. All times were on just NG.

one trick is to lock onto ornstein and block his attacks, keeping smough in between you as best as you can and chipping him (smough) down
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:18 AM   #47
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

giga-ornie is worse in NG+

best way to solo is kite orn and hit him when the opportunity arises. don't take risks and just keep whittling him down. gigasmough is easy as **** to beat. he telegraphs everything really clearly

wear the wolf ring so you can poise through most things and keep your guard up

Stay classy, pit.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #48
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty

I beat them solo twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
cho0onger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:20 AM   #49
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho0onger
I beat them solo twice

do it @Sl1 and come back to me

Stay classy, pit.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 AM   #50
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acϵ♠
I rage quit this game like 5 times in a row after i couldn't even beat the first boss

You and me both man. I usually love RPGs, but the amount of rage this one gave me has made me never want to waste more time on it.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #51
stratman_13
little kicks

One of these days I'll get out of Undead Burg.

My problem with DS is that it's one of those games that once I start playing I know I'm going to play it for hours, and it's pretty rare I have hours lying around anymore

Summer needs to hurry the **** up.

Who would choose to be alone, imprisoned by their broken memories?

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:55 AM   #52
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

uni just begun here

Stay classy, pit.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:33 AM   #53
BlueAltitudes
The Virtuoso's Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake122

That's one of the best pictures I've ever seen! Twofold since I'm a Dark Souls fan and Demon's Souls fan!

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
BlueAltitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #54
naedauuf

Started NG+ with my wanderer and he's actually not as bad as I remember. He got 20 resistance, 18 dex and ~35 of str/end/vit. Using the BK Halberd atm, it does less damage than the BK sword but I like it better for it's range and it's also faster. It does almost just as much at +4 right now anyways. I didn't realize how much of a strength build this character was, I already started one, so I've got two now . Second one is going to be way better, obviously, but I might retry a dex character. Maybe dex/faith/int?

Also I'm not finding NG+ too hard. I went from Taurus, to Hydra, Havel, Sif, Capra. All dead, I died twice in that timespan.

Naedauuf for president people.

Last edited by naedauuf : 03-24-2013 at 09:12 AM.
naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #55
institutions
i ply base

Yeah, so, i'm in Ash Lake and i'm trying to fight this Hydra.
For some reason even with 175 stamina and a 100% physical blocking shield, I can't withstand his melee/head attack.

But, I was running along the other side of the island area trying to just get around him, and he does this thing where he jumps out of the water, soars over the island shooting magic down at the ground along the way, and plunges into the water on the other side.
So I run back towards the bonfire. He does it again back to the original side and I guess the jumps damage him, because he died.
Lol. I didn't even have to attack him once.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: la noire, modded skyrim, the witcher 2
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #56
KeepOnRotting
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
Started NG+ with my wanderer and he's actually not as bad as I remember. He got 20 resistance, 18 dex and ~35 of str/end/vit. Using the BK Halberd atm, it does less damage than the BK sword but I like it better for it's range and it's also faster. It does almost just as much at +4 right now anyways. I didn't realize how much of a strength build this character was, I already started one, so I've got two now . Second one is going to be way better, obviously, but I might retry a dex character. Maybe dex/faith/int?

Also I'm not finding NG+ too hard. I went from Taurus, to Hydra, Havel, Sif, Capra. All dead, I died twice in that timespan.

To be honest DEX is really not worth it in Dark Souls. The elemental weapons end up doing nearly the same amount of damage and the points you throw into dex can be put to much better use in another area like VIT or END (or another skill if you have a certain build in mind).
KeepOnRotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #57
Darron_dot

I have to disagree with you on that. In the meta game (pvp) dexterity can be very useful, esp when combined with the elemental damage. considering the fact I have been dropped in five seconds when someone decided to dual wield tracers. Then again I found the combat system to largely be based on preference and what you like to use, and use creatively. The free will and openness makes it my favorite gaming experience ever!
Darron_dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #58
KeepOnRotting
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darron_dot
I have to disagree with you on that. In the meta game (pvp) dexterity can be very useful, esp when combined with the elemental damage. considering the fact I have been dropped in five seconds when someone decided to dual wield tracers. Then again I found the combat system to largely be based on preference and what you like to use, and use creatively. The free will and openness makes it my favorite gaming experience ever!

You can definitely do more damage if you want to stack items with your weapons, I actually have a DEX build with a maxed out BSS. I've just found that the return isn't enough to be worth it if you can tank yourself up and still deal 500+ per hit with a lightning weapon.
KeepOnRotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #59
Scissortooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnRotting
To be honest DEX is really not worth it in Dark Souls. The elemental weapons end up doing nearly the same amount of damage and the points you throw into dex can be put to much better use in another area like VIT or END (or another skill if you have a certain build in mind).

I have a dex/int build right now. 35 vit, 40 dex, 40 end and 40 int at the moment. In PVP I almost always win. Once I cast crystal magic weapon on my +15 katana and have that fast roll and attacking going on it's just devastating. I also have a +15 black bow of pharis and some other magic that destroys people if it hits. The only downside is my defense and vitality are a bit lower then most people meaning if somebody has power within and hits me it's bad. sometimes I've died from one hit from a backstab
Scissortooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #60
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnRotting
You can definitely do more damage if you want to stack items with your weapons, I actually have a DEX build with a maxed out BSS. I've just found that the return isn't enough to be worth it if you can tank yourself up and still deal 500+ per hit with a lightning weapon.

dexterity makes casting times quicker on sorceries and pyromancies
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

Quote:
I respect crunk.

Rate This Thread: