Now that I did not know.
KeepOnRotting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #62
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepOnRotting
Now that I did not know.

that's why dex/int builds are so popular, and dexterity weapons are so often lighter than strength weapons. In addition, you can use a non elemental weapon to get good dexterity scaling and then buff the weapon with something like crystal magic weapon, which will easily outclass most elemental weapons, I should think.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #63
Darron_dot

I find the tanks lack of movement even when medium rolling to be distracting. although when a claymore is equipped the wide horizontal swing can defend against backstabbers.
My faith build duals a claymore/occult claymore. since it allows me to use sunlight or darkmoon blade, and I still have the ability to fast roll with the ring of favor and protection (which I highly recommended).

Edit: also about the topic earlier dealing with Kirks position in the covenant(s), and invading. Not all NPC's apparently require(or maybe drop) to invade you. Case and point being Mildred and Chester (DLC). Both are invading NPC characters (the latter being the one you can interact with), but neither have red orbs of any variation. I would consider him to be a dark wraith out to take the chaos servants humanity, due to the fact that the loading screen points him out as being evil and that you find his body in the chaos sanctuary.(and I love parenthesis :p)

Last edited by Darron_dot : 03-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Darron_dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #64
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
Yeah, so, i'm in Ash Lake and i'm trying to fight this Hydra.
For some reason even with 175 stamina and a 100% physical blocking shield, I can't withstand his melee/head attack.

But, I was running along the other side of the island area trying to just get around him, and he does this thing where he jumps out of the water, soars over the island shooting magic down at the ground along the way, and plunges into the water on the other side.
So I run back towards the bonfire. He does it again back to the original side and I guess the jumps damage him, because he died.
Lol. I didn't even have to attack him once.

run all the way to the end avoiding the attacks. the hydra will just chill at the end and fight you rather than doing the sick jumps over the top.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 AM   #65
Nelshizzle
Give me all your money

Prepare to cry is pretty damn awesome.

The story of Solaire.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:58 AM   #66
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty

Yeah, Prepare to Cry is one of the best Dark Souls lore video series. I feel he makes too much conjecture sometimes, but it's still great. His Tarkus one, especially is great. I think he's right, that Tarkus was the one that broke the window to the rafters building in Anor Londo, and you find his corpse there because he fell, being too big and not dextrous enough to make it across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
cho0onger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #67
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Those lore videos are fantastic - it's my favourite thing about Dark Souls after the awesome boss design

Watching: Trailer Park Boys
Listening: Primus - Pork Soda
Playing: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
I am not a bot but I do think this is the perfect opportunity for you to consider our wide range of luxury designer kitchens.
metacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #68
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty

I feel bad for the people who can't beat the Burg and don't experience the lore. Or people who go through the game but manage to miss it all. It's pretty tragic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
cho0onger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 AM   #69
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by cho0onger
I feel bad for the people who can't beat the Burg and don't experience the lore. Or people who go through the game but manage to miss it all. It's pretty tragic.

It's taken me a few playthroughs to really piece together the meat of the lore as I see. First time through I didn't have much of a clue about anything - it was just a cool game with a wicked atmosphere, and I was already a fan of Demon's Souls. After a couple of playthroughs and really taking it all in, the world of Lordran feels much more complete and well thought out, as well as being beautiful.

Quote:
I am not a bot but I do think this is the perfect opportunity for you to consider our wide range of luxury designer kitchens.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #70
naedauuf

Even in the tutorial level there's a great amount of detail that most people just breeze through and don't pay attention to. What's that say about the rest of the game? People need to slow down and just LOOK at the game

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 AM   #71
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
Even in the tutorial level there's a great amount of detail that most people just breeze through and don't pay attention to. What's that say about the rest of the game? People need to slow down and just LOOK at the game

I think it's intentional.

Nobody gets a new game and goes "Gee, I better make sure I drink all this in, as it may have minor pointers towards some minor aspect of the lore that I have no idea about!"

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 07:13 AM   #72
JackalUK
ERANU

I like that the game basically goes "This is how to hit things, this is how to block, this is a bonfire it's important, fuck off now you're bothering me"
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #73
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
I like that the game basically goes "This is how to hit things, this is how to block, this is a bonfire it's important, fuck off now you're bothering me"

Reminds me of my father and mother in that respect.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #74
naedauuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
I think it's intentional.

Nobody gets a new game and goes "Gee, I better make sure I drink all this in, as it may have minor pointers towards some minor aspect of the lore that I have no idea about!"

I didn't do this when I first started either, but I think that has more to do with us being used to games nowadays just explaining every bit of everything. We don't feel the need to actually look at the environment so much or read item descriptions. This is one of the (very) few games I can think of that the environment and item descriptions are essentially all you get in terms of lore and story.

Quote:

The lack explanation or information really adds to the atmosphere of a lonely depressing place, imo. It's great. Most games these days hold your hand so hard you may as well just watch a movie.

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #75
JackalUK
ERANU

"Look mummy, I can backstab this boss!"

*without looking up from book* "That's nice dear"
Old 03-25-2013, 07:20 AM   #76
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
I didn't do this when I first started either, but I think that has more to do with us being used to games nowadays just explaining every bit of everything. We don't feel the need to actually look at the environment so much or read item descriptions. This is one of the (very) few games I can think of that the environment and item descriptions are essentially all you get in terms of lore and story.

It's always been this way, this isn't something you can peg on "ADD gaming". It's always been either in your face, or something you have to work for. With a much greater emphasis on the "in your face" style.

It's only really recently that the more subtle style of story telling has really found it's footing.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #77
JackalUK
ERANU

Which is a bit of an oddity, as subtle storytelling has always existed in gaming but it's now taking off in a time where a lot of gaming is squarely focused at making products for people with half hour to burn and not people who are going to sit there for 5+ hours at a go. Sort of feels like a counter-culture.

I reinstalled Dark Souls and I'm currently cheating like a twat, in the undead burg and like SL300 or something. I'm gonna start a second legit account as well soon as I lost my sorc run when I had to reformat my computer.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #78
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Which is a bit of an oddity, as subtle storytelling has always existed in gaming but it's now taking off in a time where a lot of gaming is squarely focused at making products for people with half hour to burn and not people who are going to sit there for 5+ hours at a go. Sort of feels like a counter-culture.

I reinstalled Dark Souls and I'm currently cheating like a twat, in the undead burg and like SL300 or something. I'm gonna start a second legit account as well soon as I lost my sorc run when I had to reformat my computer.

I'm guessing your tweaking files to achieve that? Or are there cheaty mods available on the nexus now?

It's an oddity in that respect, sure - but think of it this way. Gaming is still an immature (in terms of it's age in comparison with literature, film etc) form of story telling. People are only really getting to grips with how to tell a good story in gaming really.

Quote:
Old 03-25-2013, 07:34 AM   #79
JackalUK
ERANU

Using a trainer that gives +50,000 souls every second. Turn it on and piss off for 15 mins come back and smack your favorite stats up to 99. It's cheap and lame, but meh, sometimes I just want to fanny about in the world without having to concentrate. That's what my legit account is for.

edit - It does mean I have to remain hollow for the whole game as I think it's unfair for me to be running around at an absurd SL. Mind you it's interesting to look at the top PvPers in the book of sins thing.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:35 AM   #80
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Using a trainer that gives +50,000 souls every second. Turn it on and piss off for 15 mins come back and smack your favorite stats up to 99. It's cheap and lame, but meh, sometimes I just want to fanny about in the world without having to concentrate. That's what my legit account is for.

That's fair enough, I can appreciate that!

Quote:

Rate This Thread: