Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM   #81
naedauuf

It's actually a good idea to test builds.

Even so, I couldn't picture myself doing it.. Haven't cheated in any game since my PS1 Gameshark

Naedauuf for president people.

naedauuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:41 AM   #82
JackalUK
ERANU

It also allows you to do some slightly more interesting things. I was dual wielding halberds yesterday. You can just do into a room and use the heavy attack and spin attack everything in the room. Tis proper cool.
JackalUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #83
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

I must admit I'm tempted to do it myself when I finally tire of my NG++ character.

I'm packing duplicates of most of the "Unique" weapons. Would love to plonk on a full Havels Set fully upgraded, and dual wield Dragon's Teeth, or Black Knight Greatswords etc.

ULTIMATE TANK!

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
metacarpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:46 AM   #84
JackalUK
ERANU

My last character looked badass. Mixture of the gold hemmed set and some heavy armour. You end up coming out like a more badass version of a Nazgul from LoTR.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #85
Nelshizzle
Im toast with a jelly jam

Ever had a duel that involved you walking in on an invader fighting a human and they both stop fighting to look at you to see what you'll do?

That shit always makes me lol. Then I wave and just watch the show.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #86
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
My last character looked badass. Mixture of the gold hemmed set and some heavy armour. You end up coming out like a more badass version of a Nazgul from LoTR.

My armour's always a mix of "rule of cool" as opposed to what's actually best for me.

The last combo I vividly remember was Eastern Armour, Guardian Hands and Feet, Gold Hemmed Hood I believe. Then some other heavy helmet looking thing.

I just love how chunky the Guardian bits are - lovely!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #87
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
Ever had a duel that involved you walking in on an invader fighting a human and they both stop fighting to look at you to see what you'll do?

Love it.

I also love invading, and coming across two people already engaged in combat. I like to sneak to a vantage point and launch a Crystal Soul Spear at one of them and watch them panic.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #88
JackalUK
ERANU

I've never really PvPed in it. And I've only been invaded maybe 3 times in the whole time I've been playing. Once on the xbox and twice on the PC. The one fight the guy was absolutely useless, but he won because I was concentrating too much on ending the fight quickly with a back stab. I was easily whittling him down and got silly then got caught. The other times I got slaughtered.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #89
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean

I've participated in 3 phantom - 1 host mini tourneys. Things like that make up for 3v1 tranquil walk of peace black knight greatsword lagstab gankfests. Sometimes the online community is great.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
I also love invading, and coming across two people already engaged in combat. I like to sneak to a vantage point and launch a Crystal Soul Spear at one of them and watch them panic.

You monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat

Last edited by cho0onger : 03-25-2013 at 07:53 AM.
cho0onger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #90
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

posting this for the glory of the thread

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #91
naedauuf

Gold-Hemmed hood is easily one of the coolest headwear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metacarpi
My armour's always a mix of "rule of cool" as opposed to what's actually best for me.

The last combo I vividly remember was Eastern Armour, Guardian Hands and Feet, Gold Hemmed Hood I believe. Then some other heavy helmet looking thing.

I just love how chunky the Guardian bits are - lovely!

Depends for me. With my heavy tank character I just go with what's strongest, but still allows me to medium roll (currently silver knight armor). With my Wanderer I just wear whatever is coolest but still allows me to fast roll. He's a fast ****er. I don't know how anyone can play with fat rolling.. I just can't do it. It's so slow!

@the PVP talk: I'm slowly getting better, but sometimes it's hard.. A guy had the sunlight spear and just poked me from far away until my endurance went down, then just kept poking me for minimal damage. I died by way of poking. Couldn't even do anything at all.

Last edited by naedauuf : 03-25-2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:56 AM   #92
cho0onger
Six Foot Twenty

People who min/max with armor suck, they break my immersion so bad in PvP. You ever seen Smough's leggings without the torso? Dear god. That and mother mask wearers:

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
@the PVP talk: I'm slowly getting better, but sometimes it's hard.. A guy had the sunlight spear and just poked me from far away until my endurance went down, then just kept poking me for minimal damage. I died by way of poking. Couldn't even do anything at all.

All the spear miracles are super easy to dodge, doe. And, I'm gonna assume by your use of the word "poke" that this person had a rapier or spear and was shield turtling. You should try the heavy attacks of the Shotel (found in Sen's). Most shield turtles freak out and don't know how to react, and you win. The attacks go through shields, if that wasn't clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreysMonster
I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat

Last edited by cho0onger : 03-25-2013 at 08:58 AM.
cho0onger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:58 AM   #93
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

brb 60vit + mask of mother + elemental weapon

i call it

the wanker

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #94
JackalUK
ERANU

As I mentioned earlier, it's worth taking a look at the top 'PvPers' on the PC. The top 8 or so are always hackers. When I looked last night I discovered they can also hack their appearence now. One was invisible apart from his head, so it was a floating knights helmet. One was a stupidly thin black man with neon blue hair. They can make some interesting stuff.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:00 PM   #95
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Interesting? Sounds ******ed to me.

I've never understood the appeal of hacking in PVP, ever. Where's the satisfaction in it? You haven't won through skill, you've won through breaking the game so you become Superman.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #96
JackalUK
ERANU

It's the trolling mentality isn't it. What's the fun of hacking in any game? Most people do it just because it annoys other people. I once read a thread on a forum where a hacker went in-depth into why he hacks. For him it was getting an edge over the competition. He wanted to use it because he wanted to win. When he was asked why he doesn't drop the hacks and just play and get better his mentality was, why should I. I'm already winning. He trolled the **** outta everyone by just constantly repeating the same line. "I spent 10 and now I'm better than you, and you can't do anything about it"

It basically comes down to those who don't have the skill and don't want to lose, and those that do it just to piss people off.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #97
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

I can understand wanting to break open a single player game and seeing what you can do with it, but in a competitive environment I really don't get it. The arguments all make a logical sense, but I just don't get that mindset.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:20 PM   #98
Darron_dot

I hate hackers. To me it ruins the experience of the game, not only for everyone else, but mainly for yourself.
My gear consist of chesters hat, artorias chest plate, gold hemmed robe bottoms, and a set of gloves. The weapon I use usually depends on the mood I'm in, but I usually use a maxed murakamo and an occult uchigatana, unless I'm feeling the claymores.
The one thing I used to hate was dark magic, that is until I learned that you can either roll it, or reflect it away with the silver pendant.
Darron_dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #99
naedauuf

Just went through and killed Nito, Seath, Went to Ash Lake, killed the Hydras, joined the dragon covenant, then went o the painted world (first time in both Ash Lake and Painted World), and killed Priscilla. Next stop is the DLC (for the first time), then Bed of Chaos, then Gwyn, then I win.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #100
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by naedauuf
Just went through and killed Nito, Seath, Went to Ash Lake, killed the Hydras, joined the dragon covenant, then went o the painted world (first time in both Ash Lake and Painted World), and killed Priscilla. Next stop is the DLC (for the first time), then Bed of Chaos, then Gwyn, then I win.

I hope you explored Painted World, there's a lot there that's easily missed.

Rate This Thread: