Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-25-2013, 03:43 AM   #41
StreetLight3989

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
I've been to jersey many times. I get bagels in jersey and eat pizza in jersey. Outside of those two things, I cannot think of any other redeeming factors.

I live in a nice house, in a nice area, with a good amount of land. It's five minutes away from a mountain range with awesome trails I can hike on and it has a waterfall to jump off. I live ten minutes away from New Brunswick where I can see dope music or go to a party any night I'm bored. I'm about an hour away from either Philly or New York with no traffic. My town has a ton of awesome cheap places to eat and a pretty decent music scene for a suburban town. I think I've got a pretty dope set up here. Don't bash what you don't know.

Have you ever been in a Walmart in Pennsyltukci? It's a scary scary place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
The weird thing about the midwest is that you can go to a city like Columbus, or Cleveland, or Indianapolis, and it's pretty nice. Big city, people, stuff to do, etc. Then you drive 20 minutes outside of the city and suddenly you're in bum**** nowhere with trailer parks as far as the eye can see.

^I use to live in New Jersey. It's better than Ohio. And Ohio is probably in the top half of states.

The only time I've been to the midwest I drove from Chicago to Indianpolis. Chicago is obviously an awesome city and Indianpolis is pretty nice in it's own right. There was literally nothing in between those two cities though. The only city we passed through was Gary, Indiana which is literally the worst place I have ever been.

Last edited by StreetLight3989 : 03-25-2013 at 03:47 AM.
StreetLight3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #42
Twofly
UG's official GhostHunter

The generalisation of Africa is what gets me...Africa is actually pretty nice in some places. I live in South Africa and I hate to break the stereotypes...but we are living pretty nicely. Agreed there is drastic poverty throughout the continent, but there are some real upmarket places in here...I regularly see Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the road, there are some very wealthy people here who live in luxury. Its not all poverty and starving...
Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 AM   #43
Zombee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetLight3989
The only time I've been to the midwest I drove from Chicago to Indianpolis. Chicago is obviously an awesome city and Indianpolis is pretty nice in it's own right. There was literally nothing in between those two cities though. The only city we passed through was Gary, Indiana which is literally the worst place I have ever been.

Former Murder Capital of the World and Birthplace of Michael Jackson. Indiana blows.
Zombee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 AM   #44
StreetLight3989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee
Former Murder Capital of the World and Birthplace of Michael Jackson. Indiana blows.

They don't even have a fire station. They just have two trucks in a parking lot.
StreetLight3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #45
macashmack
Maskcashmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twofly
The generalisation of Africa is what gets me...Africa is actually pretty nice in some places. I live in South Africa and I hate to break the stereotypes...but we are living pretty nicely. Agreed there is drastic poverty throughout the continent, but there are some real upmarket places in here...I regularly see Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the road, there are some very wealthy people here who live in luxury. Its not all poverty and starving...

That's the reason it's shitty though. The income gap between the guys at the bottom and the guys at the top are massive.
macashmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 AM   #46
Twofly
UG's official GhostHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macashmack
That's the reason it's shitty though. The income gap between the guys at the bottom and the guys at the top are massive.

True, it is very similar to India in that sense and honestly if you don't go to/experience in some form the life of the poorer people here, you will be living in a bubble and have no concept of what it's really like.

Rate This Thread: