User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 03-25-2013, 07:49 PM   #21
RPGoof
Jobless Hippie Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
At my work, we sell a Toshiba with the same processor, 8 GB of RAM, and a 750 GB Hard Drive for $650.

http://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...aptop-Computer/

This.

Although I'm an Asus *****, that laptop isn't really worth it. Would be much better if it had an i5 and more impressive specs elsewhere. The Toshiba satisfies everything though, I feel 8 GB is a must these days for doing anything music production related, and the extra hard drive space always helps. I wouldn't say an i7 is really necessary (vs i5) if he hasn't even touched music production yet, but it's great to have if it fits in the budget, like this Toshiba.

Can' comment on how Toshiba reliability compares to Asus's primo reliability though
RPGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #22
sashki
Look mum, no brakes!

I actually bought an ASUS K55V recently. i5, 8 rams, GT610M, 1TB drive. I paid 450, which is about 680 american dollar bucks.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd

I have the same laptop!

I need an upgrade as well, but mine is still running. >.>

Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #24
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGoof
This.

Although I'm an Asus *****, that laptop isn't really worth it. Would be much better if it had an i5 and more impressive specs elsewhere. The Toshiba satisfies everything though, I feel 8 GB is a must these days for doing anything music production related, and the extra hard drive space always helps. I wouldn't say an i7 is really necessary (vs i5) if he hasn't even touched music production yet, but it's great to have if it fits in the budget, like this Toshiba.

Can' comment on how Toshiba reliability compares to Asus's primo reliability though

Toshiba is usually pretty reliable.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #25
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGoof
This.

Toshiba is reliable, but but less durable, if that makes sense. I can tell from experience with that model that if you press down on the keyboard, they entire thing will bow.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: