Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #41
guitarxo
UG Senior Member
 
guitarxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: on your head
I don't know how much it is where you are, but I'm getting one this weekend and it's $400 with insurance.
__________________

RIP ;c
guitarxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:52 PM   #42
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
It isn't, of course not, but the vast majority of experiences with the NHS are similar to that. The NHS had its highest ever satisfaction rating before the start of this parliament.

Then... well...

Ok, that's fine. But your country has had free healthcare essentially since after WWII.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #43
desperatechris
Banned
 
desperatechris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norway
It would be cheaper to build one for yourself.
desperatechris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #44
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Ok, that's fine. But your country has had free healthcare essentially since after WWII.

Yes, and we made it when our finances were worse than they are now.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #45
OddOneOut
UG's Essex Girl
 
OddOneOut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Essex, England innit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax


> having to wait on a priority list because you do have free healthcare

> Because paying for your healthcare means you'll never be on a priority list

Seriously though TS, just go get your ****ing eyes tested. Its 90% likely that's the problem, or you're just permanently dehydrated because you don't drink at least 1.5 L of water each day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

OddOneOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #46
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
Yes, and we made it when our finances were worse than they are now.

That's great. Still doesn't matter.


You Brits seem to have this mentality that because it fits you, it should fit America. It doesn't. It's like "one size fits all" t-shirts; they don't fit the fat guys. (And monetarily, America is definitely a fat guy, meaning we go through way too much cash.)
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #47
Owenlee55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax


> having to wait on a priority list because you do have free healthcare


> Having to foot the bill for ambulances and having a system where the lives of the wealthy are tended to before the lives of the disadvantaged and poor.

Owenlee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #48
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
I'm studying optometry.

What are your symptoms?
When do the headaches start? During the day or early in the morning?
Also, where are the headaches exactly?
Have you noticed a change in pupil size?
Also, do you wear glasses?
__________________
oedipus_pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:57 PM   #49
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm studying optometry.

What are your symptoms?
When do the headaches start? During the day or early in the morning?
Also, where are the headaches exactly?
Have you noticed a change in pupil size?
Also, do you wear glasses?


I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #50
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.


Life achievement unlocked.
__________________
oedipus_pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #51
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
Life achievement unlocked.

I'd considered Dr Pepper but that would cause confusion.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #52
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
Probably about 0 in a good country.

what this guy said
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #53
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I'd considered Dr Pepper but that would cause confusion.


__________________
oedipus_pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #54
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Frozen North! (read: Northern Wisconsin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenlee55
> Having to foot the bill for ambulances and having a system where the lives of the wealthy are tended to before the lives of the disadvantaged and poor.


Actually, that's not how it works at all, but nice try.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:46 PM   #55
Eissac123
I Am Meee.... not an IT..
 
Eissac123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm studying optometry.

What are your symptoms?
When do the headaches start? During the day or early in the morning?
Also, where are the headaches exactly?
Have you noticed a change in pupil size?
Also, do you wear glasses?


A little bit of blurred vision but thats getting fixed cause my lense are gonna get changed. I do wear glasses, The headaches start mornings, lunch, and around 2, 3 o'clock, The headaches relativitly change location.. I have always had one pupil bigger than the other..
__________________
If U dont Hav nottin Nice 2 say, say somfin else!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinator-x
You guys are so funny xD xoxo <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Casinator
I can appreciate the surreal quality of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doveri
Well a human can't sing an Em since that's a chord

If you mean Eb3/E3, then that is a contralto voice.
Eissac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #56
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissac123
A little bit of blurred vision but thats getting fixed cause my lense are gonna get changed. I do wear glasses, The headaches start mornings, lunch, and around 2, 3 o'clock, The headaches relativitly change location.. I have always had one pupil bigger than the other..


The fact that they seem to happen in the morning suggests that it's not a visual problem.

I'm not qualified yet so take my advice with a pinch/dash of salt, but if you can get an appointment with an optometrist (If that's easier for you), go for it. They can usually work out if it's anything relatively serious. Could be that the back of your eye is a bit swollen, maybe. If they don't find anything, make sure they refer you to someplace to get it checked out. You want them to tell you have tension headaches, which nobody knows why they happen, but they are not dangerous. Anyway, they should be able to refer you to the right place!

Did you experience any trauma to your head recently? Also, how long have you had these headaches for?
__________________
oedipus_pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #57
Eissac123
I Am Meee.... not an IT..
 
Eissac123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
The fact that they seem to happen in the morning suggests that it's not a visual problem.

I'm not qualified yet so take my advice with a pinch/dash of salt, but if you can get an appointment with an optometrist (If that's easier for you), go for it. They can usually work out if it's anything relatively serious. Could be that the back of your eye is a bit swollen, maybe. If they don't find anything, make sure they refer you to someplace to get it checked out. You want them to tell you have tension headaches, which nobody knows why they happen, but they are not dangerous. Anyway, they should be able to refer you to the right place!

Did you experience any trauma to your head recently? Also, how long have you had these headaches for?

I have had them for a few years, and i went to the optomitrist and they said my eye sight had changed abit but not enough to cause headaches, so they decided to see if they missed something by putting these drops in my eyes which will relax them and apparently it makes your eyes turn yellow, haha, if that turns out the same result then i have to get a referal to have an MRI, then see from there to just rule the bad stuff out...
__________________
If U dont Hav nottin Nice 2 say, say somfin else!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinator-x
You guys are so funny xD xoxo <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Casinator
I can appreciate the surreal quality of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doveri
Well a human can't sing an Em since that's a chord

If you mean Eb3/E3, then that is a contralto voice.
Eissac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #58
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eissac123
I have had them for a few years, and i went to the optomitrist and they said my eye sight had changed abit but not enough to cause headaches, so they decided to see if they missed something by putting these drops in my eyes which will relax them and apparently it makes your eyes turn yellow, haha, if that turns out the same result then i have to get a referal to have an MRI, then see from there to just rule the bad stuff out...

Well the good news is, if you've had it for so long and it was serious, you'd be dead by now. Probably.

If you do an MRI and they don't find anything I'd recommend a homeopathic doctor. I know some people aren't into that, especially anglosaxons, but I think it's worth a shot if all else got you nowhere.
__________________
oedipus_pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:13 AM   #59
skylerjames13
eGraham is stupidbuttface
 
skylerjames13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Somewhere North, Canada.
It should be free.









Well, if you're in Canada obviously
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlover
You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.


skylerjames13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #60
guitarlord28
UG Fanatic
 
guitarlord28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In the forest full of fallen trees
It could be allergies, that's where I get mine from. It could be jaw problems, it could be stress, a bad billow, a huge number of things.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Casinator
Don't wear suits for the sake of wearing suits, damnit! Wearing suits is for important things only, like binge drinking.


Are you not entertained?

No one gets to their heaven without a fight
guitarlord28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.